Hovatek Forum GENERAL General Discussions UHANS i8 vs Xiaomi Redmi 5
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

UHANS i8 vs Xiaomi Redmi 5

michaelkors
michaelkors
michaelkors
07-01-2018, 10:40 AM

Both UHANS and Xiaomi are Chinese smartphone manufacturers that focused on making high cost-effective smartphones. Their products UHANS i8 and Xiaomi Redmi 5 are good examples. The smartphones parallels in designs and configurations. But actually which one will be the winner in performance? Let’s check
[Image: UHANS-_I8.jpg]

[Image: Xiaomi-_Redmi-5-.jpg]Design:
Both the smartphones come with 2.5D curved glass screen, and 18:9 aspect ratio. However, the 5.7" UHANS i8 features double glass panel while the Xiaomi Redmi 5 sports traditional metal body.
Display:
The two not only features the same diagonal size but also sports 720 x 1440 pixel resolution, but one thing different is that the UHANS i8 adopted the in-cell technology, which enables razor sharp images. One thing need to mention is that the UHANS i8 also enables 10-finger touch.
Hardware:
UHANS i8 backed by MT6750T Octa-core 1.5Ghz SoC, 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. while Xiaomi Redmi 5 powered by Snapdragon 450 Octa-core 1.8Ghz chipset, 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM. Redmi 5 comes with Android 7.1.1 OS based on MIUI V9, while UHANS i8 comes with Android 7.0 out of box.
Camera:
UHANS i8 comes with Sony sensor (16MP + 3MP) dual rear camera and 8MP front camera, but Xiaomi Redmi 5 only comes with 12MP single back camera and 5MP selfie camera
Battery:
UHANS i8 comes with 3500mAH high density li-polymer battery, Xiaomi comes with 3300mAh built-in li-polymer battery.
USB port:
UHANS i8 is designed with reversible Type-c connector, but Xiaomi still comes with Micro USB port. Both the smartphones support OTG function
Access method:
UHANS i8 support Face ID recognition and fingerprint sensor access system at the same time, while Xiao redmi 5 only support fingerprint scanner function.
Connectivity:
Both the smartphones support 2G/3G/4G networks
Price:
UHANS i8 is 20-50 dollars cheaper than Xiaomi redmi 5

Check the Price and detail: 
Uhans i8: https://goo.gl/fQE3Ws
Xiaomi Remdi 5: https://goo.gl/hVsgp8
KingsleyRex
KingsleyRex
KingsleyRex
Enthusiastic Member
18-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Uhans i8 Vs Xiaomi Redmi 5

Similarity: 4G, Dual SIM, Display, Resolution, OTG, Navigation 

Uhans i8 better than Xiaomi Redmi 5: Memory, Storage, cameras, battery, Face ID, Type-C and price

Xiaomi Redmi 5 better than Uhans i8:  CPU, Operating System 

Winner: Uhans i8
sami.leo
sami.leo
sami.leo
25-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Uhans i8 save money
khurshidahmed
khurshidahmed
khurshidahmed
Enthusiastic Member
30-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Update: 
a full screen smartphone, UHANS i8 is outstanding no matter for its design or built-in configuration. But there is more, UHANS i8 also performs perfect in playing heavy graphic games.Playing games on UHANS i8, you will not only enjoy the extensive images but also appreciate the smooth operation.
magik
magik
magik
02-08-2018, 04:59 AM

I would pick Xiaomi. They are popular and have a lifetime of updates for their phones.
jaffdavis
jaffdavis
jaffdavis
04-05-2020, 09:18 PM
okayyy, someone said that Uhans i8 is better to save money... but you know red mi is not that expensive too..
youssefalonso
youssefalonso
youssefalonso
17-05-2021, 02:53 PM
I would pick Xiaomi for games