Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Linux [Please help] Am unable to launch a program I installed on linux mint 19
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Am unable to launch a program I installed on linux mint 19

[Please help] Am unable to launch a program I installed on linux mint 19

Wenani
Wenani
Wenani
28-07-2018, 05:02 PM

Hello everyone, I have installed 'bitnami wordpress' on my linx mint 19 but am not able to launch it. After installation I clicked launch program after installation and it worked just fine. This means it is well installed. Now after I restart the laptop I can't find it on the menu. I have tried to search it but it's not there.

Other programs I install like chrome is included in the programs menu so am able to launch it but bitnami wordpress is no where to be launched. It is no possible to access its control panel.

I like using bitnami wordpress instead of installing other local servers or xamp.
If anyone has any idea on how I will go about this I will really appreciate.
juvette
juvette
juvette
30-07-2018, 09:32 AM
(28-07-2018, 05:02 PM)Wenani Hello everyone, I have installed 'bitnami wordpress' on my linx mint 19 but am not able to launch it. After installation I clicked launch program after installation and it worked just fine. This means it is well installed. Now after I restart the laptop I can't find it on the menu. I have tried to search it but it's not there.

Other programs I install like chrome is included in the programs menu so am able to launch it but bitnami wordpress is no where to be launched. It is no possible to access its control panel.

I like using bitnami wordpress instead of installing other local servers or xamp.
If anyone has any idea on how I will go about this I will really appreciate.

According to the documentation, it should be installed to /opt/APPNAME-VERSION (if you're running as root user) .
Did you check there to confirm if the installation files are still in place?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile