Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to install Mediatek USB drivers using PdaNet
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to install Mediatek USB drivers using PdaNet

[Tutorial] How to install Mediatek USB drivers using PdaNet

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-05-2014, 10:05 AM

This guide will explain an easy method of installing Mediatek / MTK USB drivers for your phone on a desktop  PC. It'll come in particularly handy for those who have installed ADB drivers yet are unable to get adb to detect the device.

Requirements

Steps to install Mediatek USB drivers using PdaNet

The steps below will describe how to install drivers via PdaNet

1.  Enable USB Debugging on the working MTK phone (Settings > Developer options > Tick USB debugging)

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-1.png]

2. Launch PdaNet and click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-2.jpg]

3. Tick "I accept the agreement" and click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-3.jpg]

4. Click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-4.jpg]

5. Click Next

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-5.jpg]

6. Tick Others and click OK

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-6.jpg]

7. Click Install

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-7.jpg]

8. Connect the phone to the PC via a USB cord

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-8.jpg]

9. PdaNet should begin installing necessary drivers

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-9.jpg]

10. Click Finish

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-10.jpg]

11. Exit PdaNet in the System Tray (bottom-right corner)

[Image: how-to-install-mediatek-mtk-drivers-using-pdanet-11.jpg]

Important Notice
  • If your goal is to install USB drivers for flash tools (e.g SP flash tool, Miracle box etc) then you best manually install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers as that's what is required
  • Ensure to enable USB debugging as PdaNet requires USB debugging. For most devices, you need to unhide Developer Options by tapping Build Number several times
  • You can use any Mediatek device, not necessarily the one you intend to work on. The drivers will work all the same
  • Ensure to use the latest platform tools
This post was last modified: 25-04-2020, 12:16 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
daramolaboy
daramolaboy
daramolaboy
Techie Member
02-11-2014, 06:11 PM
is there any other method if u cant put on ur debugging mode becos my phone is not coming up in that case the installation of the drive is not succesfull..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-11-2014, 06:23 PM
(02-11-2014, 06:11 PM)daramolaboy is there any other method if u cant put on ur debugging mode becos my phone is not coming up in that case the installation of the drive is not succesfull..

there are two methods. in your case, you need to manually install vcom drivers using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
daramolaboy
daramolaboy
daramolaboy
Techie Member
02-11-2014, 06:31 PM
yup i have installed it but yet still im seeing a yelllow sign like small triangular shape on it dont know, i perfectly did it as instructed.... but im using adb driver istaller to detect my phone it fully installed the driver but i can see the storage on my computer
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-11-2014, 06:56 PM

(02-11-2014, 06:31 PM)daramolaboy yup i have installed it but yet still im seeing a yelllow sign like small triangular shape on it dont know, i perfectly did it as instructed.... but im using adb driver istaller to detect my phone it fully installed the driver but i can see the storage on my computer

right-click the yellow triangle and click properties. let's know what it says

Note!
daramolaboy
daramolaboy
daramolaboy
Techie Member
02-11-2014, 07:13 PM
i right click the yellow sign but its showing me properties....
This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 07:16 PM by daramolaboy.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-11-2014, 07:41 PM
(02-11-2014, 07:13 PM)daramolaboy i right click the yellow sign but its showing me properties....

I asked you to click properties

Note!
riz86
riz86
riz86
08-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi Admin, iv got problem also in installing Mediatek / MTK driver, when i finish installing the message was sucessfully installed, but when i try to conect my phone it will only appear for less than a minute, which i think i still got something to fix although i did intalled it as u instructed. by the way i am using windows 8, my phone is lenovo s820 and sadly it was bricked a couple of days ago. please give me info how to fix it. thank u.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2014, 04:17 PM
riz86 Hi Admin, iv got problem also in installing Mediatek / MTK driver, when i finish installing the message was sucessfully installed, but when i try to conect my phone it will only appear for less than a minute, which i think i still got something to fix although i did intalled it as u instructed. by the way i am using windows 8, my phone is lenovo s820 and sadly it was bricked a couple of days ago. please give me info how to fix it. thank u.
please, create a new thread by clicking https://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4

Note!
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
07-10-2015, 10:01 AM

Boss do we know when u modify any post for easy understanding either u added some things or removed? because last time I checked this page or thread tutorial it was not like this...there was no image explanation
This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 10:02 AM by Drockstar.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next