Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Blackview A80 Pro - Trouble installing TWRP
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Blackview A80 Pro - Trouble installing TWRP

Blackview A80 Pro - Trouble installing TWRP

jamesbramley
jamesbramley
jamesbramley
23-11-2020, 01:43 AM

From my attempts at fixing this problem I am aware this is not a very popular / widely used phone but I have been trying for hours and haven't found a solution so maybe someone here can help.

I have been trying to install TWRP recovery on my Blackview A80 Pro using SP Flash Tool as a means to install a LineageOS GSI and it seems to flash/install successfully. However when I try to boot into recovery it just defaults to the default recovery software (It seems to overide it).

So for troubleshooting purposes:
- ADB is installed and functioning on my PC and I have used it / fastboot to make sure my bootloader is unlocked.
- I have tried installing TWRP through ADB aswell to no success
- There is no "official" TWRP for this phone that I could find so I have been trying to use "custom" ones, including the TWRP porter on this forum.
- I cannot seem to remove dm-verity or Android Verified Boot (AVB) via any method: The magisk method bootloops the device and there is no vbmeta.img on this phone (it says the partition does not exist).

Any assistance would be welcomed but I don't anticipate a solution,

Many thanks for your time.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-11-2020, 09:31 AM
(23-11-2020, 01:43 AM)jamesbramley ...

was this phone upgraded to android 9 or did it come pre-installed with android 9? odd that you mentioned no vbmeta on an android 9 device, how did you verify that it has no vbmeta partition? did you check using the scatter file or what method did you use?
you're to unlock bootloader before attempting to flash magisk patched boot ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html
also if your goal is to flash gsi, then you don't necessarily need twrp seeing as you could flash using fastboot
This post was last modified: 23-11-2020, 09:36 AM by X3non.
jamesbramley
jamesbramley
jamesbramley
23-11-2020, 12:25 PM
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly and I can immediately see one error I have made.

This phone actually has Android 10 not 9 pre-installed, so apologies for being wrong about that.

The stock scatter file doesn't have a vbmeta partition but I verified this by trying to flash an empty vbmeta using fastboot (it says the partition does not exist).
I have unlocked the bootloader but when flashing either my patched magisk as boot or lineage gsi as system the device just bootloops and I have to flash Stock Rom again to get it to work.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-11-2020, 11:04 AM
(23-11-2020, 12:25 PM)jamesbramley Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly and I can immediately see one error I have made.

This phone actually has Android 10 not 9 pre-installed, so apologies for being wrong about that.

The stock scatter file doesn't have a vbmeta partition but I verified this by trying to flash an empty vbmeta using fastboot (it says the partition does not exist).
I have unlocked the bootloader but when flashing either my patched magisk as boot or lineage gsi as system the device just bootloops and I have to flash Stock Rom again to get it to work.

check settings > about phone ; what's the kernel version of the phone?
also attach the scatter file or you could post it's content here
racer_ace
racer_ace
racer_ace
11-12-2020, 04:23 PM

any luck im having the same problems
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-12-2020, 06:32 AM
(11-12-2020, 04:23 PM)racer_ace any luck im having the same problems

If you need help then create a thread by clicking Ask Question at the top

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
batonga
batonga
batonga
17-12-2020, 07:15 PM
(23-11-2020, 12:25 PM)jamesbramley Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly and I can immediately see one error I have made.

Hi, I have the same issue, but i can't find the Stock Rom with Android 10, only the old one with Android 9. Flashing the old one didn't work. Where did you find the new Stock Rom?

--edit--
found a working russian stock rom for the new Version with Android 10 (A80Pro_S1_200821) :-)
But I'm still looking for a working twrp or lineageos. The treble info apk shows support for ARM 64-bit, A-only. I attached the scatter.txt
This post was last modified: 17-12-2020, 11:17 PM by batonga.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6757_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 13.43 KB / Downloads: 12
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-12-2020, 05:43 AM
(17-12-2020, 07:15 PM)batonga Hi, I have the same issue, but i can't find the Stock Rom with Android 10, only the old one with Android 9. Flashing the old one didn't work. Where did you find the new Stock Rom?

--edit--
found a working russian stock rom for the new Version with Android 10 (A80Pro_S1_200821) :-)
But I'm still looking for a working twrp or lineageos. The treble info apk shows support for ARM 64-bit, A-only. I attached the scatter.txt

Could you post a link to the full firmware for those who might need it

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
batonga
batonga
batonga
18-12-2020, 07:43 AM
(18-12-2020, 05:43 AM)hovatek Could you post a link to the full firmware for those who might need it

Sure, first I downloaded a paid version, becaue I didn't find a free one:
https://www.needrom.com/download/blackvi...pro-ru-10/

But after that I found another link. It's a .tar archive and inside is the file "A80Pro_S1_200821" (without file extension). I extracted that file, too (with winrar) and got exactly the same stock rom (flash files with scatter) as above:
https://ftp.dexp.club/Smartphones/Blackv...200821.tar

Now I got an other link for the global or eu version from official Blackview Forum:
https://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?p=988273#p988273
This post was last modified: 22-12-2020, 07:11 PM by batonga. Edit Reason: new Firmware Link