Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Blackview BV9600 pro Rooting
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Blackview BV9600 pro Rooting

Blackview BV9600 pro Rooting

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-04-2021, 11:59 AM

(06-04-2021, 12:14 AM)gabstar Hello please is fastboot -w the command for factory reset? Just tried it and fastboot says unknown command

Also the stock ROM I have extracted from the .rar find downloaded has a lot of files in .IMG should I have to flash them all?

you're to run fastboot command using cmd prompt when your device is connected to the pc while in fastboot mode
twrp > reboot > bootloader ; will get you to fastboot mode

if you have stock firmware then flash only recovery.img ; it will bring back stock recovery then you can perform factory reset / wipe data
gabstar
gabstar
gabstar
06-04-2021, 04:20 PM
(06-04-2021, 11:59 AM)X3non
(06-04-2021, 12:14 AM)gabstar Hello please is fastboot -w the command for factory reset? Just tried it and fastboot says unknown command

Also the stock ROM I have extracted from the .rar find downloaded has a lot of files in .IMG should I have to flash them all?

you're to run fastboot command using cmd prompt when your device is connected to the pc while in fastboot mode
twrp > reboot > bootloader ; will get you to fastboot mode

if you have stock firmware then flash only recovery.img ; it will bring back stock recovery then you can perform factory reset / wipe data

What I feared that made me not to use my phone for the past two week is what I still back to.
I have to use SP flash tool to format and download in the entire stock ROM, Android 8.1, then I used fastboot to flash on the device the magisk patched boot image. At least I still have the the device rooted but no working custom recovery for easy nAndroid backup and testing of other custom ROM if I could get a higher Android.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2021, 09:39 AM
(06-04-2021, 04:20 PM)gabstar What I feared that made me not to use my phone for the past two week is what I still back to.
I have to use SP flash tool to format and download in the entire stock ROM, Android 8.1, then I used fastboot to flash on the device the magisk patched boot image. At least I still have the the device rooted but no working custom recovery for easy nAndroid backup and testing of other custom ROM if I could get a higher Android.

you had twrp before, you could report if you still need twrp
you can still use fastboot for flashing gsi roms too
gabstar
gabstar
gabstar
07-04-2021, 11:31 AM
(07-04-2021, 09:39 AM)X3non
(06-04-2021, 04:20 PM)gabstar What I feared that made me not to use my phone for the past two week is what I still back to.

you had twrp before, you could report if you still need twrp
you can still use fastboot for flashing gsi roms too

I'm really new in handling mtk and with the little I've read on this I see there's no official TWRP for Blackview bv9600 pro and I've tried the no-verity zip to fix the encryption issue which didn't work. And just learnt with the help of kelvinchinedu who pointed me to read some more only to get to know that my device is A-only system partition and as such might not be that easy to get newer custom ROM.

But at thy word I'll read up something on gsi roms to see if I can get a newer ROM.

By the way yes I still need a custom ROM that will work for my device
This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 11:35 AM by gabstar. Edit Reason: More details
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-04-2021, 09:56 AM

(07-04-2021, 11:31 AM)gabstar I'm really new in handling mtk and with the little I've read on this I see there's no official TWRP for Blackview bv9600 pro and I've tried the no-verity zip to fix the encryption issue which didn't work. And just learnt with the help of kelvinchinedu who pointed me to read some more only to get to know that my device is A-only system partition and as such might not be that easy to get newer custom ROM.

But at thy word I'll read up something on gsi roms to see if I can get a newer ROM.

By the way yes I still need a custom ROM that will work for my device

twrp encrpyted data ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-30160.html

gsi (these should help you)
check device if treble enabled
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...le-enabled

flashing gsi
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-gen...le-device/

project treble wiki
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...tions/wiki
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...-%28FAQ%29
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3