Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Gigaset QV830 Tablet won't boot even after troubleshooting
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Gigaset QV830 Tablet won't boot even after troubleshooting

Gigaset QV830 Tablet won't boot even after troubleshooting

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Tom223
Tom223
Tom223
03-03-2017, 05:07 AM

Hello Hovatek!

I have a Gigaset QV830 android tablet. I have had it about a year or so A few days ago it started unexpectedly crashing/rebooting while browsing facebook and using firefox. It would start right back up until yesterday when it finally got stuck rebooting at the Gigaset start screen. I let it sit for a few hours and nothing happened.

I was able to boot into Recovery mode, and I attempted to wipe the cache partition in hopes that I could reboot the tablet save my data, and then hard reset. Unfortunately when I do this, I get stuck in the android bot loading screen for hours.

After this happened I couldn't get back into recovery mode. I read a lot of troubleshooting online and have taken some steps with no luck so far.

I installed Smart Phone Flash Tool, and the necessary drivers. I found two separate copies of my QV830 files to flash the system. I cannot flash my android with either of the system.img files. It gets stuck between 13-15% with the error message: ERROR: S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (0xFA8). Everything else will flash just fine with no errors (the boot file, logo, recovery etc).

I played around with a few other things. I found that if I tried to format or choose the firmware upgrade option, while they don't run successfully, they do seem to stop the android bot looping screen. After using these options, the tablet is unable to start whatsoever but after downloading the files to the tablet through the Smart Phone Flash Tool (again, all but system.img), I am able to start the tablet up and instead of getting stuck at the android bot screen, I get stuck at the Gigaset screen.

The good news is that I am able to enter system recovery now. The new problem is that when I try to wipe data/factory reset, the tablet gets stuck on the android bot screen and gets stuck saying --Wiping data..., Formatting /data... This once again when I reboot, gets me stuck at the android bot screen with the loading bar.

Any ideas on possible next steps? 

Thanks a lot for your help. Big Grin

EDIT: I also do have another, one of the Gigaset QV830 tablets that is working if that could be of any help to me.
This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 05:17 AM by Tom223.
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
03-03-2017, 09:28 AM
(03-03-2017, 05:07 AM)Tom223 Hello Hovatek!

I have a Gigaset QV830 android tablet. I have had it about a year or so A few days ago it started unexpectedly crashing/rebooting while browsing facebook and using firefox. It would start right back up until yesterday when it finally got stuck rebooting at the Gigaset start screen. I let it sit for a few hours and nothing happened.

I was able to boot into Recovery mode, and I attempted to wipe the cache partition in hopes that I could reboot the tablet save my data, and then hard reset. Unfortunately when I do this, I get stuck in the android bot loading screen for hours.

After this happened I couldn't get back into recovery mode. I read a lot of troubleshooting online and have taken some steps with no luck so far.

I installed Smart Phone Flash Tool, and the necessary drivers. I found two separate copies of my QV830 files to flash the system. I cannot flash my android with either of the system.img files. It gets stuck between 13-15% with the error message: ERROR: S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (0xFA8). Everything else will flash just fine with no errors (the boot file, logo, recovery etc).

I played around with a few other things. I found that if I tried to format or choose the firmware upgrade option, while they don't run successfully, they do seem to stop the android bot looping screen. After using these options, the tablet is unable to start whatsoever but after downloading the files to the tablet through the Smart Phone Flash Tool (again, all but system.img), I am able to start the tablet up and instead of getting stuck at the android bot screen, I get stuck at the Gigaset screen.

The good news is that I am able to enter system recovery now. The new problem is that when I try to wipe data/factory reset, the tablet gets stuck on the android bot screen and gets stuck saying --Wiping data..., Formatting /data... This once again when I reboot, gets me stuck at the android bot screen with the loading bar.

EDIT: I also do have another, one of the Gigaset QV830 tablets that is working if that could be of any help to me.

The error you got from Sp flash tool means:
1. Maybe your firmware is not compatible with ur device

2. Please try different version of Sp flash tool

Or please send ur build number for us to get u the exact rom
Tom223
Tom223
Tom223
03-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Hey Alba,

Thanks for your reply!

I just tried a few different versions of SP flash. 3.1331, 5.1628, 5.1648. Nothing worked. 3.1331 gave me a different error code though: BROM ERROR S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL(4008)

One of the sets of flash files I found was from here: https://yadi.sk/d/1QkL7I6dpycUT . I cant find the link for the other one at the moment.

The tablet is Android 4.2.2. The build # (found in the settings of my working tablet) is JDQ39.user.20131203.013735 . Is that the number you need?

EDIT: Chipset "Cortex-A7 MTK MT8125"
This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 11:05 AM by Tom223.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-03-2017, 01:09 PM
(03-03-2017, 10:47 AM)Tom223 Hey Alba,

Thanks for your reply!

I just tried a few different versions of SP flash. 3.1331, 5.1628, 5.1648. Nothing worked. 3.1331 gave me a different error code though: BROM ERROR S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL(4008)

One of the sets of flash files I found was from here: https://yadi.sk/d/1QkL7I6dpycUT . I cant find the link for the other one at the moment.

The tablet is Android 4.2.2. The build # (found in the settings of my working tablet) is JDQ39.user.20131203.013735 . Is that the number you need?

EDIT: Chipset "Cortex-A7 MTK MT8125"

Dump the ROM of the working tablet in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
Waiting...
This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 01:11 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tom223
Tom223
Tom223
03-03-2017, 09:58 PM

Thanks Hovatek,

Followed the steps to get the files from the working phone but got this error "Bootdata ERR (2): 0_0"
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
04-03-2017, 09:45 AM
(03-03-2017, 09:58 PM)Tom223 Thanks Hovatek,

Followed the steps to get the files from the working phone but got this error "Bootdata ERR (2): 0_0"

uninstall / reinstall vcom preloader driver @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread.440.html
ensure the device is completely powered down before connecting to the PC
then try dumping the firmware again
This post was last modified: 04-03-2017, 09:56 AM by freshtyt.
Tom223
Tom223
Tom223
10-03-2017, 05:34 AM
Thanks. Uninstalled preloader drivers, restarted my computer, reinstalled the drivers. No luck, still get boot 0_0 error.

Any other ideas/suggestions?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-03-2017, 10:23 AM
(10-03-2017, 05:34 AM)Tom223 Thanks. Uninstalled preloader drivers, restarted my computer, reinstalled the drivers. No luck, still get boot 0_0 error.

attach a full screenshot of Miracle Box when this error pops up

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
10-03-2017, 10:29 AM
(10-03-2017, 05:34 AM)Tom223 Thanks. Uninstalled preloader drivers, restarted my computer, reinstalled the drivers. No luck, still get boot 0_0 error.

it may be possible that the device's chipset isnt supported on this particular miracle box version.
in the dropdown chipset box, which chipset did you select?
leave it as 4th boot (auto connect) then try again
This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 10:35 AM by freshtyt.
09-04-2020, 06:00 PM

(03-03-2017, 05:07 AM)Tom223 Hello Hovatek!

EDIT: I also do have another, one of the Gigaset QV
830 tablets that is working if that could be of any help to me.
Please  I have  the same problem with my gigaset QV830. IT stuck got stuck on the booting.  So I tried factory reset. And it's still stuck on erasing. What can I do.  To make my gigaset start working again
Pages (2): 1 2 Next