Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Micromax Canvas Knight A350 Phone totally dead...
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Micromax Canvas Knight A350 Phone totally dead...

[Please help] Micromax Canvas Knight A350 Phone totally dead...

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-02-2017, 10:59 AM

(17-02-2017, 04:36 AM)Voice236 Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I have done so far. Since the phone was not coming on and entering a  boot-loop and shutting down, I have re-flashed the ROM yesterday afternoon after several attempts. It gave me all kinds of errors but finally I was able to flash it completely and successfully.

But of late I have observed after flashing it goes dead for 2 or 3 days and then comes on. Dunno why? It shows as MediaTek USB Port which keeps coming and going when connected to the laptop or pc.

So I am waiting for the phone to come alive...in the meanwhile...I'll keep charging it through wall and pc.  

I suspect there is some hardware problem with the phone and to make matters worse I dropped the phone this morning from a height of about 3 feet. So I don't know how that is going to impact the hardware inside if it was loose or coming out kind of thing.

Well, now I am just hoping and praying...that's the best I can do now until any further signs to do something else.

Thanks for all your help. Would appreciate if I may know your name...that would surely help while conversing/chatting.

God bless you. Shalom.
Vincent.

The fall might not have had as much of an impact as you fear.
I think you should have the phone looked at by a hardware technician all the same. I suspect a power issue

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Voice236
Voice236
Voice236
17-02-2017, 11:08 AM
(17-02-2017, 10:59 AM)hovatek
(17-02-2017, 04:36 AM)Voice236 Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I have done so far. Since the phone was not coming on and entering a  boot-loop and shutting down, I have re-flashed the ROM yesterday afternoon after several attempts. It gave me all kinds of errors but finally I was able to flash it completely and successfully.

But of late I have observed after flashing it goes dead for 2 or 3 days and then comes on. Dunno why? It shows as MediaTek USB Port which keeps coming and going when connected to the laptop or pc.

So I am waiting for the phone to come alive...in the meanwhile...I'll keep charging it through wall and pc.  

I suspect there is some hardware problem with the phone and to make matters worse I dropped the phone this morning from a height of about 3 feet. So I don't know how that is going to impact the hardware inside if it was loose or coming out kind of thing.

Well, now I am just hoping and praying...that's the best I can do now until any further signs to do something else.

Thanks for all your help. Would appreciate if I may know your name...that would surely help while conversing/chatting.

God bless you. Shalom.
Vincent.

I think you should have the phone looked at by a hardware technician all the same. I suspect a power issue

Hi,

Yes, I do agree with you. I will be off to a hardware technician in a day or two...Thanks once again and will keep you updated as and when the phone gets up and running. Once again thanks for your unselfish help and support. I pray God's blessing on you and the company.

Until next time stay blessed. Shalom which means Peace be with. Angel Smile
Voice236
Voice236
Voice236
05-03-2017, 04:29 PM
[quote pid='99384' dateline='1487326085']
[quote pid='99381' dateline='1487325579']

Hi,

Yes, I do agree with you. I will be off to a hardware technician in a day or two...Thanks once again and will keep you updated as and when the phone gets up and running. Once again thanks for your unselfish help and support. I pray God's blessing on you and the company.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi,

Almost a month after my last post...i just happened to remember my phone and thought of starting it off before giving it to a technician. To my surprise the phone started. So i thought i better do some digging and find a little more about the problem.

Since I was always suspecting something wrong with the battery...i decided to boot into factory mode and check out battery status....

This is what i found...the battery temperature was showing 175 Celsius. But that cannot be true since the phone was not hot. Moreover at that temperature the phone will simply fry. I believe the CPU is being fed with temperature and the phone either goes into an auto reboot or auto shutdown since the phone is made to believe it has reached over load temperature. Attached a snap shot of the same.

Tried to calibrate the phone with an app but the temperature remains the same. The battery calibration app showed a temperature of 32 Celsius.

Would appreciate if you could throw some light on this...thanks and God bless. Shalom.

By the way, I did start the wi-fi and it didn't go off immediately like other times. It remained on but with more usage of the phone the temperature as expected went a bit high and i believe the CPU was fed with a temperature more than 175 Celsius and then it went into auto shutdown.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20170305_203946.jpg
Size: 335.27 KB / Downloads: 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-03-2017, 10:23 AM
(05-03-2017, 04:29 PM)Voice236 I think you should have the phone looked at by a hardware technician all the same. I suspect a power issue

Hi,

Hi,

Almost a month after my last post...i just happened to remember my phone and thought of starting it off before giving it to a technician. To my surprise the phone started. So i thought i better do some digging and find a little more about the problem.

Since I was always suspecting something wrong with the battery...i decided to boot into factory mode and check out battery status....

This is what i found...the battery temperature was showing 175 Celsius. But that cannot be true since the phone was not hot. Moreover at that temperature the phone will simply fry. I believe the CPU is being fed with temperature and the phone either goes into an auto reboot or auto shutdown since the phone is made to believe it has reached over load temperature. Attached a snap shot of the same.

Tried to calibrate the phone with an app but the temperature remains the same. The battery calibration app showed a temperature of 32 Celsius.

Would appreciate if you could throw some light on this...thanks and God bless. Shalom.

By the way, I did start the wi-fi and it didn't go off immediately like other times. It remained on but with more usage of the phone the temperature as expected went a bit high and i believe the CPU was fed with a temperature more than 175 Celsius and then it went into auto shutdown.

Such a disaparity in temperature values could indicate a kernel (boot.img) related issue. Either this or a hardware (temperature related ) issue. I still think you should visit the hardware technician

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Voice236
Voice236
Voice236
06-03-2017, 11:54 AM

(06-03-2017, 10:23 AM)hovatek
(05-03-2017, 04:29 PM)Voice236 I think you should have the phone looked at by a hardware technician all the same. I suspect a power issue

Hi,

Hi,

Such a disaparity in temperature values could indicate a kernel (boot.img) related issue. Either this or a hardware (temperature related ) issue. I still think you should visit the hardware technician
Thanks dear friend for your reply. I have some great news to share. I flashed a new stock ROM and checked the temperature in the factory mode and it was 36 Celsius. I don't know if it was some error in the ROM or what!

But the problem has gone away completely and the phone has been working since last night very smoothly. In fact for the very first time I put the SIM's back into the phone and there have been no issues.

There is slight heating of the phone but i believe that is normal since it is an octa core. There have been no automatic reboots or shutdowns until now. I have rooted the phone and also installed twrp. The very same thing i was trying to do earlier has been a cake walk now...

The only explanation i can give is the Hand of God which I have been sincerely praying since the last one month. And I believe my faith has been rewarded.

A big thanks to you for all your timely help. You are much appreciated and thought of in my prayers. God bless you.

With prayers,
Vincent.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-03-2017, 07:31 PM
(06-03-2017, 11:54 AM)Voice236 Thanks dear friend for your reply. I have some great news to share. I flashed a new stock ROM and checked the temperature in the factory mode and it was 36 Celsius. I don't know if it was some error in the ROM or what!

But the problem has gone away completely and the phone has been working since last night very smoothly. In fact for the very first time I put the SIM's back into the phone and there have been no issues.

There is slight heating of the phone but i believe that is normal since it is an octa core. There have been no automatic reboots or shutdowns until now. I have rooted the phone and also installed twrp. The very same thing i was trying to do earlier has been a cake walk now...

The only explanation i can give is the Hand of God which I have been sincerely praying since the last one month. And I believe my faith has been rewarded.

A big thanks to you for all your timely help. You are much appreciated and thought of in my prayers. God bless you.

With prayers,
Vincent.

Thats great news. Guess it was a boot.img / lk.bin (kernel) issue then

Note!
Voice236
Voice236
Voice236
07-03-2017, 09:48 AM
[quote pid='100714' dateline='1488825112']
(06-03-2017, 11:54 AM)Voice236 Thanks dear friend for your reply. I have some great news to share. I flashed a new stock ROM and checked the temperature in the factory mode and it was 36 Celsius. I don't know if it was some error in the ROM or what!

With prayers,
Vincent.

Thats great news. Guess it was a boot.img / lk.bin (kernel) issue then
[/quote]

Indeed you are right. I too believe the same coz the Jelly bean OS was running on an older kernel. Thanks once again for all your help. You have been right all the way in guiding me. God bless and keep it up. Shalom.
lymo
lymo
lymo
Respected Member
07-03-2017, 10:49 AM
(07-02-2017, 05:04 AM)Voice236
(06-02-2017, 05:00 AM)hovatek
(04-02-2017, 12:43 PM)Voice236 Thank you for the reply. The battery draining could be possible. However, i clearly do remember it was around 91% when i flashed the ROM. It wouldn't have drained so quickly unless it has got damaged after flashing.

Regarding the drivers, I apologize for the confusion in the snapshots I sent. The drivers don't disappear. All 3 drivers remain in the device manager except for the Media Tek USB Port driver which comes on when the USB is connected and goes off when USB is disconnected. The other two drivers continue to remain in the system permanently.

Thank you once again. God bless you. Shalom.

Ok.
Right-click and uninstall the MTK USB Port driver. Disconnect then reconnect the phone while holding volume decrease. Let me know if the PC installs any drivers

Thanks for your reply. Did as you said...uninstalled the Media Tek USB Port (Com34). And disconnected the device and reconnected the USB. Now, it installed as MTK USB Port (Com34).

What is the difference between those two drivers? They seem to sound the same but one is Media Tek and the other is MTK...

Thanks once again. God bless you.

Latest Update…

I finally managed to successfully flash a Kitakat 4.4.2 vs. 2 (unmerged storage) stock rom…I downloaded the file again from xdafirmware.com and flashed it. There was no problem.

Before booting I entered into stock recovery and did a wipe data/factory reset and also wipe cache partition. The phone started and was up for an hour or so.

I had not switched on my wifi coz I was worried it might go off again and enter a bootloop.

Battery was 95% when booted...it was 94% after one hour...I had not used the phone at all though...

Then after a while...with no internet...was just going through settings and checking...then I enabled Developers options and connected USB. Tried to check if the phone was listed on ADB etc....but then it went into a bootloop and kept shutting down after periodic bootloops...it went totally down...not responding at all.

Now, after few hours it has started as I plugged into a power bank...shows empty battery sign but not charging...then it gets into boot mode and is contantly bootlooping....please advice...Thanks and God bless you. Shalom.
try to change battery
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3