Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Android phone stuck on installation / Android guy mode after factory reset.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Android phone stuck on installation / Android guy mode after factory reset.

[Please help] Android phone stuck on installation / Android guy mode after factory reset.

biker
biker
biker
08-03-2017, 01:16 PM

My Micromax Canvas Spark q380 was stuck on logo screen after something bad happened during charging. So I did a factory reset from recovery screen but then it kept showing some installation mode with that android guy. I tried vol +/- but unable to go into even recovery.

Battery is nonremovable. Phone is not rooted.

I tried flashing with sp flash with "download only" option and it showed download successful at the end of flash. Before starting the mobile, I charged the battery fully and then the mobile started with "Encyrpting mobile...." and it got stuck at 229% (how can something be more than 100%? .. anyways) for some time and then it company logo screen appeared. I let be like that for few hrs but then nothing happened.

So again tried to flash to now it is giving me error SP Flash BROM ERROR : S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (4008)

Any help on this plz?
prince1111
prince1111
prince1111
08-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Make a backup of ur phone and flash using sp flash tool latest version by selecting format all + download .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using the Hovatek Forum App
biker
biker
biker
08-03-2017, 03:23 PM
(08-03-2017, 01:51 PM)prince1111 Make a backup of ur phone and flash using sp flash tool latest version by selecting format all + download .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using the Hovatek Forum App

You mean to say I flash again with sp tool but selecting format all + download?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-03-2017, 08:31 AM
(08-03-2017, 01:16 PM)biker My Micromax Canvas Spark q380 was stuck on logo screen after something bad happened during charging. So I did a factory reset from recovery screen but then it kept showing some installation mode with that android guy. I tried vol +/- but unable to go into even recovery.

I tried flashing with sp flash with "download only" option and it showed download successful at the end of flash. Before starting the mobile, I charged the battery fully and then the mobile started with "Encyrpting mobile...." and it got stuck at 229% (how can something be more than 100%? .. anyways) for some time and then it company logo screen appeared. I let be like that for few hrs but then nothing happened.

So again tried to flash to now it is giving me error SP Flash BROM ERROR : S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (4008)

Any help on this plz?

Have you tried a factory reset in recovery mode (vol up + power) and emmc wipe in factory mode (vol down + power) ?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
biker
biker
biker
09-03-2017, 09:23 AM

(09-03-2017, 08:31 AM)hovatek
(08-03-2017, 01:16 PM)biker My Micromax Canvas Spark q380 was stuck on logo screen after something bad happened during charging. So I did a factory reset from recovery screen but then it kept showing some installation mode with that android guy. I tried vol +/- but unable to go into even recovery.

Any help on this plz?

Have you tried a factory reset in recovery mode (vol up + power) and emmc wipe in factory mode (vol down + power) ?

Yes.. that is how the problem started. After doing factory reset from recovery, the mobile got stuck in some installation screen.. wherein that android guy keeps moving it antenna animation screen. Here is the screen shot..
http://tinypic.com/r/2586m9s/9

Now after flashing, my mobile is stuck on company logo screen.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-03-2017, 05:59 PM
(09-03-2017, 09:23 AM)biker Yes.. that is how the problem started. After doing factory reset from recovery, the mobile got stuck in some installation screen.. wherein that android guy keeps moving it antenna animation screen. Here is the screen shot..
http://tinypic.com/r/2586m9s/9

Now after flashing, my mobile is stuck on company logo screen.

Since you've reflashed the firmware, I think its worth a shot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.