Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Need custom recovery in order to install xframework/xprivacy on mtk6580 phone
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Need custom recovery in order to install xframework/xprivacy on mtk6580 phone

[Please help] Need custom recovery in order to install xframework/xprivacy on mtk6580 phone

Hotzenplotz
Hotzenplotz
Hotzenplotz
03-04-2017, 07:17 PM

Hello guys,

i recently got my first smartphone as a gift and therefor consider myself a total noob regarding these things. Pretty quickly I realised that most apps "require" a rediculous amout of permissions. After countless hours of researching the mighty internet for a solution for protecting my privacy, i came across xprivacy and want to give it a shot. I learned that in order to get this thing fully working I need to have a custom recovery for flashing the xframework to my phone. I also learned that appaerently TWRP or CWM needs to be adjusted to the correct phone model and android version. And since I got a chinese phone, which is not officially supported by TWRP, i came across this forum. So i got a couple of questiones and I would greatly appreciate some help and/or clearification.

At first of course my phone specifications:

- I am using the "Landvo XM100" build#: LANDVO-XM100_Android_5.1_2016-11-12. Further details: http://www.pdevice.com/product/landvo-xm100-specs
- The phone is practically out of the box with stock rom and stock recovery
- I plugged in a 32gb SD memory card
- I already gained rootaccess via kingroot v. 5.0.5

So here we go:

1. Are my assumptions regarding xframework/xprivacy and the need for a custom recovery correct?
1a. If not, where am I wrong? Is there a possibility to get xprivacy fully working without any flashing and therefor without any custom recovery?

2. In many simmilar threads on this forum the admin asks, in order to provide a custom recovery, for a "recovery.img" file as well as for a "scatter" file. How can I obtain these?
2a. And subsequently further more, how can I "install" the new "recovery.img" provided by the admin to my phone?

Best regards and thanks for pardon me if these questions are already answered a million times.  Shy
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-04-2017, 10:41 AM
(03-04-2017, 07:17 PM)Hotzenplotz Hello guys,

i recently got my first smartphone as a gift and therefor consider myself a total noob regarding these things. Pretty quickly I realised that most apps "require" a rediculous amout of permissions. After countless hours of researching the mighty internet for a solution for protecting my privacy, i came across xprivacy and want to give it a shot. I learned that in order to get this thing fully working I need to have a custom recovery for flashing the xframework to my phone. I also learned that appaerently TWRP or CWM needs to be adjusted to the correct phone model and android version. And since I got a chinese phone, which is not officially supported by TWRP, i came across this forum. So i got a couple of questiones and I would greatly appreciate some help and/or clearification.

At first of course my phone specifications:

- I am using the "Landvo XM100" build#: LANDVO-XM100_Android_5.1_2016-11-12. Further details: http://www.pdevice.com/product/landvo-xm100-specs
- The phone is practically out of the box with stock rom and stock recovery
- I plugged in a 32gb SD memory card
- I already gained rootaccess via kingroot v. 5.0.5

So here we go:

1. Are my assumptions regarding xframework/xprivacy and the need for a custom recovery correct?
1a. If not, where am I wrong? Is there a possibility to get xprivacy fully working without any flashing and therefor without any custom recovery?

2. In many simmilar threads on this forum the admin asks, in order to provide a custom recovery, for a "recovery.img" file as well as for a "scatter" file. How can I obtain these?
2a. And subsequently further more, how can I "install" the new "recovery.img" provided by the admin to my phone?

Best regards and thanks for pardon me if these questions are already answered a million times.  Shy

First off, unless you have found the stock ROM / firmware for this model online and downloaded it, I would advise you backup your phone's firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html before Modding. This is to help you unbrick your phone if it gets bricked

down to your questions

1. Yes, you'll need a custom recovery to install Xposed Farmework (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16021.html )

2. Since your phone is rooted, you could backup your stock recovery using rashr.apk . It can also be obtain from your Miracle Box scatter dump / backup

2a. Since your phone is rooted, you can flash the custom recovery using rashr.apk

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.