Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno 8H DroIpad
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Tecno 8H DroIpad

[Please help] Tecno 8H DroIpad

Gihon
Gihon
Gihon
Enthusiastic Member
16-04-2017, 03:45 PM

Hello There,
First of all thank you for the way you are helping people with there phone issues.
I have a Tecno 8H DroIpad. All of a sudden it is refusing to start up at all.
I tried to reset by pressing power and volume buttons, I really tried for good 15sec each time before giving up, no sign of life, no response.
So far I haven't done anything to the phone to behave like this. I am so sad, I really need this phone for my everyday work. Buttery was around 86% before turning off which I only noticed later. 
The only few things I can suspect are these:
- it has done this before like 2 times, but after pressing the volume and power button it has restarted and did boot
- I have downloaded a movie from utorrent by the app and immediately moved it to usb flash drive so free space on sd card went back to 1 gb (tab had around 600 mb free space)
- it would refuse to read/write sd card at times, then I unmounted it, removed it then placed it back and it worked fine for a time again 
I tried to switch it on and use reset mode with and without memory card and sim, nothing changed.
Please tell me what can be wrong? I really don't wish to lose any personal data. (photos, videos, whatsapp, sms, etc.) I have no idea what can be wrong, I am afraid it is some hardware issue. 
I tried to connect it to carger and with usb cable to pc, no response.

Please help!!!
Thanks in advance.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
16-04-2017, 07:22 PM
(16-04-2017, 03:45 PM)Gihon Hello There,
First of all thank you for the way you are helping people with there phone issues.
I tried to reset by pressing power and volume buttons, I really tried for good 15sec each time before giving up, no sign of life, no response.
So far I haven't done anything to the phone to behave like this. I am so sad, I really need this phone for my everyday work. Buttery was around 86% before turning off which I only noticed later. 
- it has done this before like 2 times, but after pressing the volume and power button it has restarted and did boot
- I have downloaded a movie from utorrent by the app and immediately moved it to usb flash drive so free space on sd card went back to 1 gb (tab had around 600 mb free space)
- it would refuse to read/write sd card at times, then I unmounted it, removed it then placed it back and it worked fine for a time again 
I tried to switch it on and use reset mode with and without memory card and sim, nothing changed.
Please tell me what can be wrong? I really don't wish to lose any personal data. (photos, videos, whatsapp, sms, etc.) I have no idea what can be wrong, I am afraid it is some hardware issue. 

Please help!!!
Thanks in advance.

Hold on
Did you say you've performed a factory reset and nothing changed on the device? I.e you still had your messages, call logs, etc after doing the reset

Also have you tried disconnecting / reconnecting the battery?

Sent from my itel it1408 using the Hovatek Forum App
Gihon
Gihon
Gihon
Enthusiastic Member
16-04-2017, 08:02 PM
(16-04-2017, 07:22 PM)freshtyt

Please help!!!
Thanks in advance.

Hold on
Did you say you've performed a factory reset and nothing changed on the device? I.e you still had your messages, call logs, etc after doing the reset

Once when it was still new it refused to start up, we took it to the shop because of warranty. They said the battery was empty bc the charger did not work. So we bought a new charger.
Next time it refused to come on again. Then I pressed the power and volume button together and it has restarted.
Ever since it had no issues for a long time. I think that wasn't a factory reset I did not lose any data. Guess it was a recovery.

This time I tried to restart it on every way possible. Power + volume buttons, no response at all.
With and without memory card and sim.

You say I should remove the battery... 
I don't know how to access the battery. It's totally flat, no screws, nothing...
But I can figure it out. Should I try that?
Gihon
Gihon
Gihon
Enthusiastic Member
16-04-2017, 09:26 PM
(16-04-2017, 08:02 PM)Gihon
(16-04-2017, 07:22 PM)freshtyt

Please help!!!
Thanks in advance.

Hold on

Once when it was still new it refused to start up, we took it to the shop because of warranty. They said the battery was empty bc the charger did not work. So we bought a new charger.
Next time it refused to come on again. Then I pressed the power and volume button together and it has restarted.
Ever since it had no issues for a long time. I think that wasn't a factory reset I did not lose any data. Guess it was a recovery.

This time I tried to restart it on every way possible. Power + volume buttons, no response at all.
With and without memory card and sim.

You say I should remove the battery... 
I don't know how to access the battery. It's totally flat, no screws, nothing...
But I can figure it out. Should I try that?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the mean time I figured out how to remove the cover, got access to the battery but no way to disconnect coz it's soldered to the motherboard.  Sad
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-04-2017, 12:03 AM

(16-04-2017, 09:26 PM)Gihon In the mean time I figured out how to remove the cover, got access to the battery but no way to disconnect coz it's soldered to the motherboard.  Sad

Don't disconnect the battery .
Launch device manager on your PC then connect the phone. Does the PC make a sound or device manager refresh?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Gihon
Gihon
Gihon
Enthusiastic Member
17-04-2017, 02:30 AM
(17-04-2017, 12:03 AM)hovatek
(16-04-2017, 09:26 PM)Gihon In the mean time I figured out how to remove the cover, got access to the battery but no way to disconnect coz it's soldered to the motherboard.  Sad

Don't disconnect the battery .
Launch device manager on your PC then connect the phone. Does the PC make a sound or device manager refresh?

I did as you said, no response, absolutely nothing.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-04-2017, 09:30 PM
(17-04-2017, 02:30 AM)Gihon I did as you said, no response, absolutely nothing.

Battery is either drained or emmc chip is crashed. Tecno phones with inbuilt batteries often encounter sudden battery drains like this so lets still work with that in mind for now. How long have you left the phone connected to power for?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Gihon
Gihon
Gihon
Enthusiastic Member
18-04-2017, 04:59 PM
(17-04-2017, 09:30 PM)hovatek
(17-04-2017, 02:30 AM)Gihon I did as you said, no response, absolutely nothing.

Battery is either drained or emmc chip is crashed. Tecno phones with inbuilt batteries often encounter sudden battery drains like this so lets still work with that in mind for now. How long have you left the phone connected to power for?

I tried charging for a good hour.
Should I charge for longer? (Let me try anyway, so if it's battery drain it shall come back logically...)
Would you explain pls why would such sudden battery drain happen? 

Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2017, 05:54 PM
(18-04-2017, 04:59 PM)Gihon I tried charging for a good hour.
Should I charge for longer? (Let me try anyway, so if it's battery drain it shall come back logically...)

Thanks.

Such sudden drains are often due to a software crash.
Try holding the power button when connecting to power. Also try the volume buttons

Note!
Gihon
Gihon
Gihon
Enthusiastic Member
19-04-2017, 12:37 PM

(18-04-2017, 05:54 PM)hovatek
(18-04-2017, 04:59 PM)Gihon I tried charging for a good hour.

Thanks.

Such sudden drains are often due to a software crash.
Try holding the power button when connecting to power. Also try the volume buttons

Thanks a lot. 
After charging it overnight in the morning it came back online and works fine.
Wink