Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android how to format recovery partition not formatting the others
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

how to format recovery partition not formatting the others

how to format recovery partition not formatting the others

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
04-05-2017, 10:28 PM

(04-05-2017, 08:47 PM)hovatek
(04-05-2017, 02:55 PM)amaury1967 heheheh, I assumed you would ask that question at any time. Well, I want to format a partition for the usual, to have it clean before writing something again, you know, many times, specially when something is not right, better format than overwrite, better format before rewriting something, Format exists just for this, does not it?

This is the only reason I wanted to format. I imagine doing a Partition Wipe with the TWRP for example does the same, but I'm not 100% sure. But in the TWRP can only be made Wipe some partitions, of course, the most indicated, and only as research, i wanted to know if other partition can be formatted too, I repeat, this last one, only as research.

I also wanted to make a Format System with the FastBoot, or another tool, instead of Wipe System with the TWRP, before flashing a System repacked, you know, looking to do things to see if it finally managed to make the system repacked work well, you know , the other issue we have been dealing with.

This is all about why I was trying to see how to format MTK partitions individually, without formatting another partition, but we can leave this topic here, it's not that important either.

Only I will be intrigued about why these fastboot commands do not work on my phone, and who knows?, maybe both issues, this and the failed unpack-repack system are due to the same reason, misterious things of my phone... ;o)

All partition can be formatted (at a time) using SP Flash tool or Miracle Box.

But with SP Flash Tool I have no control of which format partition ... I do not remember there is a possibility of formatting a particular partition, although I may be wrong ....
essayn
essayn
essayn
05-05-2017, 03:26 AM
Then u may use an App like i.e. Flashfire, which can be found in G-store but is for rooted devices only.

And maybe this https://iwf1.com/how-to-re-partition-you...-type-etc/ helps u too.

U have a strange phone, btw. Wink

Sent from my NX510J using the Hovatek Forum App
This post was last modified: 05-05-2017, 03:31 AM by essayn.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
05-05-2017, 01:37 PM
(05-05-2017, 03:26 AM)essayn Then u may use an App like i.e. Flashfire, which can be found in  G-store but is for rooted devices only.

And maybe this https://iwf1.com/how-to-re-partition-you...-type-etc/ helps u too.

hehehhheh, yes Essayn, my phone is very strange, for example at the beginng of my learned about this issues, I had to use Miracle Box V2.27 Cracked to read it (backUp it), cause MTK Droid Tool was not able of do it. Was just Hovatek who gave me this solution. I was looking for flashfire some time ago, but i didn´t find an unpayed one, anyway, don´t worry, Hovatek is right, all formatting stuff could be done with SP Flash Tool Manual Mode, and information of scatter file, I was reading about that last night, I really don´t know why I did not this before, my mistake. Another strange thing that is happening with my phone, is about not being able of unpacking-repacking with an well functional repacked system.img, you can read aboout it in other Thread I posted, in wich hovatek is helping me, but I almost gave up :o(.

Well people, Essayn, Hovatek, thanks both for your help and attention, I think we could close this Thread, at other time I will investigate why fastboot commands are not working properly with my phone
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
05-05-2017, 02:11 PM
This is the last thing I'll bother you with on this Thread, I promisse; o),

As already told you, I haven´t red SP Flash Tool Manual since some months ago, when I started working on this phone issues. At that time, I was not interested on formatting anything, so, I didn´t pay too much attention to this part, as already said, my mistake. Last night I red back SP Flash Tool Manual again, and pay special attention to Format Chapter, and yes, with Manual Format and the Scatter File information, we can erase any specific partition, avoiding format any other, and even most important, avoiding format the more dangerous to be formatted, pre-loader, and neither DSP-BL. By the way, I was looking forward of how to flash DSP-BL (file inside database folder on stock official ROMs) for MTK devices, and I haven´t found how to. Could you please tell me how to?.

Something scare me, I see it´s possible to format whole nand or emmc, included pre-loader, but I have understood that if we do that, then phone can´t communicate with PC (SP Flash Tool) cause preloader is the heart of the system, so if pre-loader get lost, phone get hard bricked, and it´s impossible to get back it working but by JTAG repair, so, I don´t know why SP Flash Tool include the possibility of formatting pre-loader without giving the possibility of doing JTAG repair. Maybe I have not been able to fully understand how this is, and it is not a problem to format the preloader, but at the moment I see it as a problem, so I would never do an all partition format with the SP Flash Tool

Well, now, this is it ...have a great day
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-05-2017, 03:02 PM

(05-05-2017, 02:11 PM)amaury1967 ...

the files inside the database folder in official stock roms are used for writing IMEI as well as other nvram related things.
you can use SN writer @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html
OR maui meta @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12328.html

if you format all partitions including preloader, on most devices you would be allowed to reflash preloader so long as your vcom preloader drivers are intact. BUT in extreme rare cases eg on tecno D5 or infinix X600, you might be required to join the mother board mount points
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
05-05-2017, 09:19 PM
(05-05-2017, 03:02 PM)X3non
(05-05-2017, 02:11 PM)amaury1967 ...

the files inside the database folder in official stock roms are used for writing IMEI as well as other nvram related things.
you can use SN writer @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html
OR maui meta @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12328.html

if you format all partitions including preloader, on most devices you would be allowed to reflash preloader so long as your vcom preloader drivers are intact. BUT in extreme rare cases eg on tecno D5 or infinix X600, you might be required to join the mother board mount points
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html

Thanks X3non, So, where is the bandabase included in the MTK devices, inside one of the many partitions that exist? ... aunqen Stock Official, only come the most important, but I do not think the baseband. Only after a backup with a box like the Miracle for example, it is possible to have all the partitions. Have a great weekend
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-05-2017, 09:41 PM
(05-05-2017, 09:19 PM)amaury1967 Thanks X3non, So, where is the bandabase included in the MTK devices, inside one of the many partitions that exist? ... aunqen Stock Official, only come the most important, but I do not think the baseband. Only after a backup with a box like the Miracle for example, it is possible to have all the partitions. Have a great weekend

That would be secro.img

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
08-05-2017, 04:39 PM
(05-05-2017, 03:26 AM)essayn Then u may use an App like i.e. Flashfire, which can be found in  G-store but is for rooted devices only.

Hello Essayn, I tried Flashfire again, so, I remember, my phone is rooted with Kingo Root, that is not supported by Flishfire, that´s a pity that kind of restriction of Flashfire Team.....
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
08-05-2017, 04:53 PM
(05-05-2017, 09:41 PM)hovatek
(05-05-2017, 09:19 PM)amaury1967 Thanks X3non, So, where is the bandabase included in the MTK devices, inside one of the many partitions that exist? ... aunqen Stock Official, only come the most important, but I do not think the baseband. Only after a backup with a box like the Miracle for example, it is possible to have all the partitions. Have a great weekend

That would be secro.img

Hello, I´m back again from weekend, I will have a busy week at work, so I will not be able to exchange much with you.       About Secro as possible partition including baseband, could be, or is it for sure?. It is good to know case it was necessary to modify it. For example, I read that on Samsug phones, the baseband can be changed, when you change of country, if necessary. It's just the fact of knowing, I'm at the moment like a little boy, who wants to know everything, for what I said before, I'm fascinating with this subject.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
08-05-2017, 04:59 PM

Friends, I did not want to stop expressing my joy because finally those girls who were being held have been released. The sad thing is the many that are still in that situation, anyway ... it's good news
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next