Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android After flashing repacked system.img phone gets Stock on boot, or in inicialization
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

After flashing repacked system.img phone gets Stock on boot, or in inicialization

After flashing repacked system.img phone gets Stock on boot, or in inicialization

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-05-2017, 08:16 AM

(08-05-2017, 08:55 PM)amaury1967 In fact, yes, as I have alredy said, it is very strange, as I have tried with several, all of theme unpack system.img or system.new.dat to System folder and then without modifiying the System Folder at all, I re-empacked back to System.img or system.new.dat. Then I have flashed the system.img repacked with SP Flash Tool or TWRP 3.1.0-0 (I have tried with both), and as I said, the phone is stalled on Android inicialization. With a tool called Beyond Compare I have compared The original system.img with the system.img repacked and it´s seen remarkable differences, which I think are the cause of the failure, and which gives me the impression that they are introduced at the time of repack, not so in unpack. I should say that in my first attempts to unpack-repack recovery and boot with  dsixda's Android Kitchen 0.224 tool it happens just the same, recovery and boot repacked had noticeable differences with original recovery and boot, and both failed after being flashed. So, I found AIKv2 tools .4Windows (by osm0sis, GitHub.com) and CarlivImageKitchen_Windows_v1.3 tool. Both of theme made a correct unpack-repack of recovery and boot, having only slight differences between the originals and the re-packed, and perfectly running both, boot and Recovery after being flashed, thanks to what I could carry Recovery 3.1.0-0 on my cell phone.

The other tool I have tried is the ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE, which creates ZIP of three types: ZIP with System Folder inside, ZIP with system.img inside, and ZIP with System, new.dat + file_contexts + system.transfer.list inside . I tried creating the 3 ZIPs, and all failed.

Why I prefer to work only with the System.img repacked? ... well, because with the variant of the ZIP I do not have so much control, and many times compels to do data and cache wipe, which is not of my interest.

I prefer, if possible, to have a system.img repacked, which I can flash with SP Flash Tool or TWRP 3.1.0-0, without touching the rest of the partitions, and thus less affecting my cell phone.

Excuse me if I have extended quite much, but I wanted to explain as briefly as possible what I have done on the subject. The tools I have tested are: Auto Tool Unpack Repack .DAT & .IMG V2 Update, Auto Tool Unpack Repack .DAT & .IMG V3, Lollipop n Marshmallow System Extractor & Repacker V1.60, MTK_Extractor_V2.6.3, Pabebe Unpack Repack v3. 0, MTK THAI Developer Tools, Android System Unpack Repack adithyan25 and SSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE

IMPORTANT: I do not discard an ERROR that I may be committing, but I think that, with everything I have read, and with these tools that do it all by itself, that reduces the possibility of making mistakes on my part.

I have three other tools that I have not tried yet, a little because I have already given up a little, these are: Maximum Dump + Unpack + Repack Tool, System Extractor V4.0 WIN-master  and  IMG Tool (Unpack-repack 6.0 masmallow)

Yes, I understand the situation on ground. We just need to find a tool that's compatible with your type of system.img

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
09-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Okay, but, what can we do to achieve this? Do you need some additional information to help me? ... I think the best option would be for you to have a similar cell phone to test. Well, I'm waiting for your response. For now I ´ll continious browsing on interner to see if I finally find an Androdi 6 or 7 for my cell phone. I've seen Android 7.1 Nougat ads for my cell, but in the end I did not get anything, the links they offer do not lead anywhere. Greetings, and have an excellent day, and thanks for everything.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-05-2017, 04:15 PM
(09-05-2017, 01:26 PM)amaury1967 Okay, but, what can we do to achieve this? Do you need some additional information to help me? ... I think the best option would be for you to have a similar cell phone to test. Well, I'm waiting for your response. For now I ´ll continious browsing on interner to see if I finally find an Androdi 6 or 7 for my cell phone. I've seen Android 7.1 Nougat ads for my cell, but in the end I did not get anything, the links they offer do not lead anywhere. Greetings, and have an excellent day, and thanks for everything.

True, nothing beats having a copy of the phone to test as i'm unable to replicate the issue here. The plan for now is to keep searching for system unpack-repack tools (especially updated versions)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
09-05-2017, 10:26 PM
(09-05-2017, 04:15 PM)hovatek
(09-05-2017, 01:26 PM)amaury1967 Okay, but, what can we do to achieve this? Do you need some additional information to help me? ... I think the best option would be for you to have a similar cell phone to test. Well, I'm waiting for your response. For now I ´ll continious browsing on interner to see if I finally find an Androdi 6 or 7 for my cell phone. I've seen Android 7.1 Nougat ads for my cell, but in the end I did not get anything, the links they offer do not lead anywhere. Greetings, and have an excellent day, and thanks for everything.

True, nothing beats having a copy of the phone to test as i'm unable to replicate the issue here. The plan for now is to keep searching for system unpack-repack tools (especially updated versions)

Well, if you had a similar cell in your hands, and did the same process that I did, it should happen the same, and if it did not happen, then that would be an important fact. At the moment, as you say, there is no other to keep looking for tools to perform unpack-repack, but I've already said, I've tried several for Android 5 and 6, with no results. I will not be here for the next two days, I will be back on Friday .... thanks for everything.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
17-05-2017, 04:06 PM

Hello, I have tried to locate new tools that may be better prepared to handle the system of my cell, and I have not found any like this. I had already downloaded a good amount of these tools, that´s why I don´t find a new one. I have tried again the ones I already have, I even tried with some on Cygwin I have not tried before cause these are more laborious to use, and nothing, the same, after flashing, the phone is blocked in the initialization of the system. Have you done any tests with the stock system of my phone? Do you need a link to download it ?. I know you do not have a cell phone to try, but maybe you have a way to simulate it, I do not know. I just repeat the question, you got to do some testing.?, Did you find any other tool that may be more in line with the type of system that has my cell ?. In dependence of what you answer me, I close or not this topic, this thread. Thanks a lote for all your helps, and sorry for all the inconvenience.

Finally, sorry, I red you already answer to someone, that you do not collect link for custom or stock ROM download, however, let me ask you, do you know any good place were I could find an Android 6 or 7 to my phone, stork or custom, I do not care
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
17-05-2017, 08:00 PM
(17-05-2017, 04:06 PM)amaury1967 Hello, I have tried to locate new tools that may be better prepared to handle the system of my cell, and I have not found any like this. I had already downloaded a good amount of these tools, that´s why I don´t find a new one. I have tried again the ones I already have, I even tried with some on Cygwin I have not tried before cause these are more laborious to use, and nothing, the same, after flashing, the phone is blocked in the initialization of the system. Have you done any tests with the stock system of my phone? Do you need a link to download it ?. I know you do not have a cell phone to try, but maybe you have a way to simulate it, I do not know. I just repeat the question, you got to do some testing.?, Did you find any other tool that may be more in line with the type of system that has my cell ?. In dependence of what you answer me, I close or not this topic, this thread. Thanks a lote for all your helps, and sorry for all the inconvenience.

Finally, sorry, I red you already answer to someone, that you do not collect link for custom or stock ROM download, however, let me ask you, do you know any good place were I could find an Android 6 or 7 to my phone, stork or custom, I do not care

you might want to consider trying to use ubuntu to create the system.img (you'll need to search online for how to)
who knows that might work.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
17-05-2017, 10:00 PM
(17-05-2017, 08:00 PM)freshtyt
(17-05-2017, 04:06 PM)amaury1967 Hello, I have tried to locate new tools that may be better prepared to handle the system of my cell, and I have not found any like this. I had already downloaded a good amount of these tools, that´s why I don´t find a new one. I have tried again the ones I already have, I even tried with some on Cygwin I have not tried before cause these are more laborious to use, and nothing, the same, after flashing, the phone is blocked in the initialization of the system. Have you done any tests with the stock system of my phone? Do you need a link to download it ?. I know you do not have a cell phone to try, but maybe you have a way to simulate it, I do not know. I just repeat the question, you got to do some testing.?, Did you find any other tool that may be more in line with the type of system that has my cell ?. In dependence of what you answer me, I close or not this topic, this thread. Thanks a lote for all your helps, and sorry for all the inconvenience.

you might want to consider trying to use ubuntu to create the system.img (you'll need to search online for how to)
who knows that might work.

Well, I have alredy red about Linux, but I´m not programmer, so, it´s hard to me to do that under Linux.Anyway, if there is no other choice, I will try. What I do not explain is that so many tools tried, fail. So I asked if you could take the stock system.img from my cell phone (I can give you the download link if necessary from the stock ROM), use the tool they consider is the most convenient, unpack and repack it back, or Is the same as I have done, and I hanged the repacked system.img in some link, to prove it, and who knows, and it works, which would imply that something wrong I am doing, or something is wrong with the tool I have used , anyway. Thank you so much for everything.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-05-2017, 10:56 AM

I've actually been able to replicate this on a Spreadtrum Marshmallow which I'm building a personal custom ROM for. I also tested Assayyed kitchen which you tried.
I'm still testing but what has worked so far is using boot .img, meta-inf and system.img (unpacked and repacked using Auto Tool v3 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html where I ensured to copy out the size from Auto Tool when unpacking and feed that back when repacking ).
Attached is a sample Meta-inf I used.
I'm still on the matter and will hopefull be able to figure out a fix for your situation too
This post was last modified: 18-05-2017, 11:00 AM by hovatek.
Attached Files
.zip
META-INF.zip
Size: 371.59 KB / Downloads: 4

Note!
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
18-05-2017, 01:03 PM
First of all, thank you for working on this topic. I am more suited to this variant than I proposed freshtyt as I said to him, I am not a programmer, I am an Electronic Engineer, and although some programming in C ++ I do for the processors of the medical equipment that we develop in my company, that does not is the same as a montage on Linux (Unbuntu). In short, if you and I under your tutelage are able of achieving results by this way in which we are working, therefore better. Assayed seems like a good kitchen, but the question is that how much are prepared this tool and the rest of tools for the latest Android operating systems, starting with Lollipop which is the one has my cell. I have already seen the issue of the handle of the system.img zise, in some tools they ask for it, but I was not clear how you handled this particular. When you say "where I ensured to copy out the size of Auto Tool when unpacking and feed That back when repacking", this means that as some tools ask, you took the size of the original system.img, and later when the tool asks for it when repacking, you gave this size back?, it is that I have done it with not only This, if not, other tools that also ask the zise, and I have not achieved good result either. I think the variant you have used of ZIP with boot.img, META-INF and system.img is one of the best variants, it is more complete and more controlled. However, if this is done via this function, it should also work flashing directly only the repacked system.img with SP Flash Tool or TWRP 3.1.0-0.

Again, thank you very much for your efforts to resolve this issue, and as a result help me.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
18-05-2017, 01:33 PM

I forgot to say, Auto Tool v3 https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html was the first tool I red about and the firts I used, I´ll try agin reading more carefully all you said in that Tutorial, but I repeat, I already did that. Bye
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next