Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Unbrick Tecno Phantom 6 Plus caught in boot loop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Unbrick Tecno Phantom 6 Plus caught in boot loop

Unbrick Tecno Phantom 6 Plus caught in boot loop

icek
icek
icek
Enthusiastic Member
09-05-2017, 04:56 PM

Hi guys,
Please help me unbrick my Phone. In the process of rebooting my phone it stuck in a boot loop. I tried going into recovery by pressing the power and volume + but it shows no command. I have tried using the Clear MMC in the Factory Command and after my phone is still stuck in a boot loop for over 30 minutes. I would try and use SP Flashtool but I have been unable to find the stock firmware for the Phantom plus. the only one I can find is for the phantom 6 and am not sure it will work. is there a work around to this problem?

Thanks in Advance.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
09-05-2017, 09:30 PM
(09-05-2017, 04:56 PM)icek Hi guys,
Please help me unbrick my Phone. In the process of rebooting my phone it stuck in a boot loop. I tried going into recovery by pressing the power and volume + but it shows no command. I have tried using the Clear MMC in the Factory Command and after my phone is still stuck in a boot loop for over 30 minutes. I would try and use SP Flashtool but I have been unable to find the stock firmware for the Phantom plus. the only one I can find is for the phantom 6 and am not sure it will work. is there a work around to this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

Do you have an access to a working phone of the same model?

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile
icek
icek
icek
Enthusiastic Member
09-05-2017, 10:57 PM
(09-05-2017, 09:30 PM)innagee
(09-05-2017, 04:56 PM)icek Hi guys,

Thanks in Advance.

Do you have an access to a working phone of the same model?

Unfortunately I don't, I have been able to access the recovery , wiped cache and factory reset but its still stuck in a boot loop.
This post was last modified: 09-05-2017, 10:59 PM by icek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-05-2017, 08:07 AM
(09-05-2017, 10:57 PM)icek Unfortunately I don't, I have been able to access the recovery , wiped cache and factory reset but its still stuck in a boot loop.

I need more info on what caused the first Bootloop.
Could you shed more light on what you were doing

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
10-05-2017, 08:47 AM

I assume you were trying to root the phone
If yes you probably didn't use systemless SuperSU
Or you flashed TWRP without unlocking your bootloader
Or you installed TWRP but didn't boot directly to recovery to install SuperSU so the system restored the original recovery
Jush the stock boot.img if that doesn't work flash TWRP,go to recovery and flash SuperSU 2.79 This is to reduce your chances of downloading​ the whole firmware

Sent from my BLL-L21 using Hovatek mobile
icek
icek
icek
Enthusiastic Member
12-05-2017, 10:47 AM
(10-05-2017, 08:47 AM)peter osoro I assume you were trying to root the phone
If yes you probably didn't use systemless SuperSU
Or you flashed TWRP without unlocking your bootloader
Or you installed TWRP  but didn't boot directly to recovery to install SuperSU so the system restored the original recovery
Jush the stock boot.img if that doesn't work flash TWRP,go to recovery and flash SuperSU 2.79 This is to reduce your chances of downloading the whole firmware

Sent from my BLL-L21 using Hovatek mobile

Hi, my phone was already rooted a few months back and working well. and I had unlocked the bootloader before installing TWRP. What happened was that i had just installed a substratum theme from google Playstore  and in the process of rebooting the phone it got stuck in a boot loop. where could I get the stock boot.img? 
the only file I find is for recovery and I am unable to use ADB via usb connection since it requires usb debugging and I cant turn it on. My phone is not shown in devices yet all drivers are connected. I don';t think that ADB & Fastboot have a problem as I tried using it on a different phone and it worked perfectly.
icek
icek
icek
Enthusiastic Member
12-05-2017, 10:57 AM
(10-05-2017, 08:07 AM)hovatek
(09-05-2017, 10:57 PM)icek Unfortunately I don't, I have been able to access the recovery , wiped cache and factory reset but its still stuck in a boot loop.

Sure no problem. I had installed substratum theme engine from Google Playstore and then installed a Substratum navigation theme(which worked great). I then installed a sub theme for my phone and  the process of rebooting the phone  it got stuck in a boot loop. After many Unsuccessful tries to access Recovery, I was able to access recovery and noticed that my phone had the original Android Recovery and not TWRP that I had installed a few months back when I was rooting the phone. I then wiped the phones data/dalvik cache and then factory reset the phone then rebooted and that did not fix the boot loop.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-05-2017, 12:29 PM
(12-05-2017, 10:57 AM)icek
(10-05-2017, 08:07 AM)hovatek

Sure no problem. I had installed substratum theme engine from Google Playstore and then installed a Substratum navigation theme(which worked great). I then installed a sub theme for my phone and  the process of rebooting the phone  it got stuck in a boot loop. After many Unsuccessful tries to access Recovery, I was able to access recovery and noticed that my phone had the original Android Recovery and not TWRP that I had installed a few months back when I was rooting the phone. I then wiped the phones data/dalvik cache and then factory reset the phone then rebooted and that did not fix the boot loop.

I think you might need to look around for a working phone of your model to dump it's firmware and write on your own phone.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-05-2017, 06:51 PM
(12-05-2017, 10:57 AM)icek Sure no problem. I had installed substratum theme engine from Google Playstore and then installed a Substratum navigation theme(which worked great). I then installed a sub theme for my phone and  the process of rebooting the phone  it got stuck in a boot loop. After many Unsuccessful tries to access Recovery, I was able to access recovery and noticed that my phone had the original Android Recovery and not TWRP that I had installed a few months back when I was rooting the phone. I then wiped the phones data/dalvik cache and then factory reset the phone then rebooted and that did not fix the boot loop.

The brick is at the /system level. You'll need the firmware (keep an eye on https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html ) or a TWRP backup from a working phone of the same model

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.