Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use research download tool to create Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use research download tool to create Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file

[Tutorial] How to use research download tool to create Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2017, 05:54 PM

(17-05-2017, 08:45 PM)freshtyt
(17-05-2017, 06:59 PM)anpr22 when i open userdata it remains blank , kindly help

whats the file size of your userdata?
and does the tool display any particular error message?

size of user data is 222800 KB and system is 768000 KB. 

tool says incomplete page found at the end. FYI, i made back up using an partition app for complete partition backup as the method here using mkbackup.sh does not work due to non existent /proc/mtd/

I tried even with boot.img which i got after dd dump of boot partition but got the same error. So I guess back up files not the problem. Even the size is just 11mb for it.
This post was last modified: 18-05-2017, 06:10 PM by anpr22.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-05-2017, 10:54 PM
(18-05-2017, 05:54 PM)anpr22 size of user data is 222800 KB and system is 768000 KB. 

tool says incomplete page found at the end. FYI, i made back up using an partition app for complete partition backup as the method here using mkbackup.sh does not work due to non existent /proc/mtd/

I tried even with boot.img which i got after dd dump of boot partition but got the same error. So I guess back up files not the problem. Even the size is just 11mb for it.

Can I see a screenshot of all the partition files you have

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2017, 07:06 AM
(18-05-2017, 10:54 PM)hovatek
(18-05-2017, 05:54 PM)anpr22 size of user data is 222800 KB and system is 768000 KB. 

Can I see a screenshot  of all the partition files you have

[Image: Capture.jpg]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-05-2017, 12:18 PM
(19-05-2017, 07:06 AM)anpr22 Can I see a screenshot  of all the partition files you have

The adb dump you must've used doesn't create usable files for all partitions on all SPD phones. These files would've had to have been obtained by reading with a Spreadtrum box
That's one of many inconsistencies with the SPD platform
This post was last modified: 19-05-2017, 12:20 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
20-05-2017, 06:56 AM

(19-05-2017, 12:18 PM)hovatek
(19-05-2017, 07:06 AM)anpr22 Can I see a screenshot  of all the partition files you have

The adb dump you must've used doesn't create usable files for all partitions on all SPD phones. These files would've had to have been obtained by reading with a Spreadtrum box
That's one of many inconsistencies with the SPD platform

Oh then what's the solution ? My only aim is to recover my phone when I brick it completely. I can access fastboot mode only through the PC as no key combination works. Miracle box 2.27a connected to the serial port but could not read with error code 1. As my phone lacks basic support offline or online I really need any working method just in case my phone and recovery partition also corrupted.

As a phone is basically storage so why can't I use clonezilla or redo back up to completely clone my phone and restore it bit by bit or is there any way ?
This post was last modified: 20-05-2017, 06:58 AM by anpr22.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-05-2017, 11:26 AM
(20-05-2017, 06:56 AM)anpr22 Oh then what's the solution ? My only aim is to recover my phone when I brick it completely. I can access fastboot mode only through the PC as no key combination works. Miracle box 2.27a connected to the serial port but could not read with error code 1. As my phone lacks basic support offline or online I really need any working method just in case my phone and recovery partition also corrupted.

As a phone is basically storage so why can't I use clonezilla or redo back up to completely clone my phone and restore it bit by bit or is there any way ?

If you don't have a box (original or with loader) to dump your firmware then that about leaves you with the custom recovery option

Note!
anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
20-05-2017, 12:12 PM
(20-05-2017, 11:26 AM)hovatek
(20-05-2017, 06:56 AM)anpr22 Oh then what's the solution ? My only aim is to recover my phone when I brick it completely. I can access fastboot mode only through the PC as no key combination works. Miracle box 2.27a connected to the serial port but could not read with error code 1. As my phone lacks basic support offline or online I really need any working method just in case my phone and recovery partition also corrupted.

As a phone is basically storage so why can't I use clonezilla or redo back up to completely clone my phone and restore it bit by bit  or is there any way ?

If you don't have a box (original or with loader) to dump your firmware then that about leaves you with the custom recovery option

Hi thanks, I successfully ported twrp recovery and made a nandroid backup of /boot , /recovery , /system .. from that i can boot into fastboot mode and then dump /system /boot etc back .. now if my recovery gets corrupted & unbootable then what i do ? can miracle box boot me into fastboot or can i dump .img files ?

Can I create .Pac file from a ported custom rom ? if yes, my ram is 512mb , 4gb internal(usable 1gb) .. what you suggest a good, reliable, daily use, nice featured , custom rom for me ?
This post was last modified: 20-05-2017, 01:46 PM by anpr22.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-05-2017, 06:01 PM
(20-05-2017, 12:12 PM)anpr22 Hi thanks, I successfully ported twrp recovery and made a nandroid backup of /boot , /recovery , /system .. from that i can boot into fastboot mode and then dump /system /boot etc back .. now if my recovery gets corrupted & unbootable then what i do ? can miracle box boot me into fastboot or can i dump .img files ?

Can I create .Pac file from a ported custom rom ? if yes, my ram is 512mb , 4gb internal(usable 1gb) .. what you suggest a good, reliable, daily use, nice featured , custom rom for me ?

1. We don't collect custom ROMs
2. You can't create a pac file from your custom recovery backup
3. As I explained, your partitions are separate. If your recovery gets corrupted, it shouldn't stop you from booting up normally and entering fastboot via adb. Just make sure you always have your custom recovery installed so you can restore your Nandroid backup
4. As for the .pac file, you'll need a box as I'd said

Note!
anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
20-05-2017, 07:07 PM
(20-05-2017, 06:01 PM)hovatek
(20-05-2017, 12:12 PM)anpr22 Hi thanks, I successfully ported twrp recovery and made a nandroid backup of /boot , /recovery , /system .. from that i can boot into fastboot mode and then dump /system /boot etc back .. now if my recovery gets corrupted & unbootable then what i do ? can miracle box boot me into fastboot or can i dump .img files ?

Can I create .Pac file from a ported custom rom ? if yes, my ram is 512mb , 4gb internal(usable 1gb)  .. what you suggest a good, reliable, daily use, nice featured , custom rom for me ?

1. We don't collect custom ROMs
2. You can't create a pac file from your custom recovery backup
3. As I explained, your partitions are separate. If your recovery gets corrupted, it shouldn't stop you from booting up normally and entering fastboot via adb. Just make sure you always have your custom recovery installed so you can restore your Nandroid backup
4. As for the .pac file, you'll need a box as I'd said

Okay , for no.2 I meant ported custom Rom having all files not custom recovery. 

What about bootloader ? If it fails then I guess nothing will start . Can I back and restore bootloader itself or it is failsafe.

Once my phone got super deep discharged and then it became s dead that even charging stopped and even pc failed to recognize. is it hardware problem or software issue to switch the charging circuit off ? if I change to a custom rom will that deep discharge problem get solved ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-05-2017, 12:00 AM

(20-05-2017, 07:07 PM)anpr22 Okay , for no.2 I meant ported custom Rom having all files not custom recovery. 

What about bootloader ? If it fails then I guess nothing will start . Can I back and restore bootloader itself or it is failsafe.

Once my phone got super deep discharged and then it became s dead that even charging stopped and even pc failed to recognize. is it hardware problem or software issue to switch the charging circuit off ? if I change to a custom rom will that deep discharge problem get solved ?

You can't create a pac file from custom ROM files (meta-inf etc)
Phones going dead due to deep discharge is quite common. Its not necessarily a hardware or software issue. A battery pull is the fastest fix to a deep discharge.
As for a custom ROM helping with that, there are no guarantees as a phone staying dead on deep discharge doesn't necessarily point at a kernel issue (software) or hardware issue. The battery just needs to be boosted

Note!
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next