Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] GIONEE M5 PLUS HARD BRICK
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] GIONEE M5 PLUS HARD BRICK

[Please help] GIONEE M5 PLUS HARD BRICK

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
mustardseed
mustardseed
mustardseed
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2017, 12:04 PM

I tried to root my gionee m5 plus while the phone was at 1% and charging, during the process the phone went off but continued to charged and the phone had an unsuccessful root. I left the phone to charge overnight and woke up the following morning to notice the phone had issues. It started with showing only one network signal(sim 1),i tried to reboot it but it failed,switched it off but it came back on itself. Prior to this issue,i was already battling with charger problems, the phone eventually went off with the charger pluged in and the phone didn't vibrate, i guess it was a hard brick, i had to charge the phone for 2 straight days before it came back on.This time around all the problems had disappeared(at least dat was wot i tout). The main issue with the phone now is dat weneva it goes off it takes like an hours after plugging in the charger before it starts to charge. I tried to flash preloader.bin but the gionee m5 plus stock rom i downloaded is corrupt. I have ran out of ideas please help, i also tried to call the helpline but didn't go 2ru. Kindly help me with the scatter file and preloader.bin
This post was last modified: 27-05-2017, 12:41 PM by mustardseed.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
27-05-2017, 03:28 PM
(27-05-2017, 12:04 PM)mustardseed I tried to root my gionee m5 plus while the phone was at 1% and charging, during the process the phone went off but continued to charged and the phone had an unsuccessful root. I left the phone to charge overnight and woke up the following morning to notice the phone had issues. It started with showing only one network signal(sim 1),i tried to reboot it but it failed,switched it off but it came back on itself. Prior to this issue,i was already battling with charger problems, the phone eventually went off with the charger pluged in and the phone didn't vibrate, i guess it was a hard brick, i had to charge the phone for 2 straight days before it came back on.This time around all the problems had disappeared(at least dat was wot i tout). The main issue with the phone now is dat weneva it goes off it takes like an hours after plugging in the charger before it starts to charge. I tried to flash preloader.bin but the gionee m5 plus stock rom i downloaded is corrupt. I have ran out of ideas please help, i also tried to call the helpline but didn't go 2ru. Kindly help me with the scatter file and preloader.bin

Download the ROM @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html and extract the files you need to work with.
mustardseed
mustardseed
mustardseed
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2017, 04:34 PM
(27-05-2017, 03:28 PM)innagee
(27-05-2017, 12:04 PM)mustardseed I tried to root my gionee m5 plus while the phone was at 1% and charging, during the process the phone went off but continued to charged and the phone had an unsuccessful root. I left the phone to charge overnight and woke up the following morning to notice the phone had issues. It started with showing only one network signal(sim 1),i tried to reboot it but it failed,switched it off but it came back on itself. Prior to this issue,i was already battling with charger problems, the phone eventually went off with the charger pluged in and the phone didn't vibrate, i guess it was a hard brick, i had to charge the phone for 2 straight days before it came back on.This time around all the problems had disappeared(at least dat was wot i tout). The main issue with the phone now is dat weneva it goes off it takes like an hours after plugging in the charger before it starts to charge. I tried to flash preloader.bin but the gionee m5 plus stock rom i downloaded is corrupt. I have ran out of ideas please help, i also tried to call the helpline but didn't go 2ru. Kindly help me with the scatter file and preloader.bin

Download the ROM @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html and extract the files you need to work with.

I already have, the file fails to open. I saw the one for GioneeM5plusL and also downloaded it, it also failed to open. Guess both are corrupted or something. The m5 plus rom no longer exist on the server. The phone has been dead for the past 4days now.. been charging since and not coming up
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-05-2017, 07:17 PM

Does this power up issue occur when you intentionaly power off the phone or when it goes off due to a drained battery?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mustardseed
mustardseed
mustardseed
Enthusiastic Member
28-05-2017, 08:24 AM

(27-05-2017, 07:17 PM)hovatek

Does this power up issue occur when you intentionaly power off the phone or when it goes off due to a drained battery?

When it goes off due to drained battery. If it vibrates after going off it takes about an hour but if it doesn't vibrate it takes about 12hours. It vibrated when it went off last but been charging ever since and it is not coming up...5days now
This post was last modified: 28-05-2017, 08:57 AM by mustardseed.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-05-2017, 08:56 PM
(28-05-2017, 08:24 AM)mustardseed When it goes off due to drained battery. If it vibrates after going off it takes about an hour but if it doesn't vibrate it takes about 12hours. It vibrated when it went off last but been charging ever since and it is not coming up...5days now

This is between a USB port, charger and kernel (firmware issue).
Try varying the 3

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mustardseed
mustardseed
mustardseed
Enthusiastic Member
28-05-2017, 09:35 PM
(28-05-2017, 08:56 PM)hovatek
(28-05-2017, 08:24 AM)mustardseed When it goes off due to drained battery. If it vibrates after going off it takes about an hour but if it doesn't vibrate it takes about 12hours. It vibrated when it went off last but been charging ever since and it is not coming up...5days now

This is between a USB port, charger and kernel (firmware issue).
Try varying the 3

I already have a new charger adapter, will get a new usb cord asap,i noticed when the phone was still alright it had issues been recognized on a pc(it shakes frequently and 'usb device not recognized' pops up), please how do i go about the kernel(firmware issue)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-05-2017, 09:18 AM
(28-05-2017, 09:35 PM)mustardseed I already have a new charger adapter, will get a new usb cord asap,i noticed when the phone was still alright it had issues been recognized on a pc(it shakes frequently and 'usb device not recognized' pops up), please how do i go about the kernel(firmware issue)

I think you should change the phone's USB port

Note!
mustardseed
mustardseed
mustardseed
Enthusiastic Member
29-05-2017, 07:22 PM
(29-05-2017, 09:18 AM)hovatek
(28-05-2017, 09:35 PM)mustardseed I already have a new charger adapter, will get a new usb cord asap,i noticed when the phone was still alright it had issues been recognized on a pc(it shakes frequently and 'usb device not recognized' pops up), please how do i go about the kernel(firmware issue)

I think you should change the phone's USB port

Will try that, i forgot to add that 2hours of charging only gets me 4%,should i still go ahead and change the USB port or something else. Also, if the phone goes off and i charge it immediately, it starts to charge about 15 minutes later, it is like the longer it takes without getting charged, the longer before coming up
This post was last modified: 30-05-2017, 09:29 PM by mustardseed.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-05-2017, 01:56 AM

(29-05-2017, 07:22 PM)mustardseed Will try that, i forgot to add that 2hours of charging only gets me 4%,should i still go ahead and change the USB port or something else. Also, it the phone goes off and i charge it immediately, it starts to charge about 15 minutes later, it is like the longer it takes without getting charged, the longer before coming up

a faulty USB port can also hinder the device fromĀ charging properly.
so go ahead and try changing theĀ USB port
Pages (2): 1 2 Next