Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows windows application error
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

windows application error

windows application error

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Usmand7
Usmand7
Usmand7
Enthusiastic Member
30-05-2017, 05:16 PM

my laptop won't run sp flash tool it keeps on displaying: The application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect please help how do I solve this problem; I am using windows vista home basic with no sp.
This post was last modified: 30-05-2017, 05:44 PM by Usmand7.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-05-2017, 08:04 PM
(30-05-2017, 05:16 PM)Usmand7 my laptop won't run sp flash tool it keeps on displaying: The application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect please help how do I solve this problem; I am using windows vista home basic with no sp.

Are you getting this with other applications also or just SP Flash Tool?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Usmand7
Usmand7
Usmand7
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 12:46 AM
(30-05-2017, 05:16 PM)Usmand7 my laptop won't run sp flash tool it keeps on displaying: The application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect please help how do I solve this problem; I am using windows vista home basic with no sp.

(30-05-2017, 08:04 PM)hovatek

Attached Files
.jpg
Application Error.jpg
Size: 182.28 KB / Downloads: 2
Usmand7
Usmand7
Usmand7
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 01:07 AM
(31-05-2017, 12:46 AM)Usmand7

(30-05-2017, 08:04 PM)hovatek

For now yes its the only application I receive this message from, the other issue is with regards to installation of some applications, they don't even respond at all like the JDK and the driver toolkit installer I tried to run as administrator still they don't respond
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-05-2017, 10:46 AM

(31-05-2017, 01:07 AM)Usmand7 For now yes its the only application I receive this message from, the other issue is with regards to installation of some applications, they don't even respond at all like the JDK and the driver toolkit installer I tried to run as administrator still they don't respond

I would advise you switch to a Windows 7 PC or run SP flash tool in compatibility mode
Alternatively, you could do a regedit modification at Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrenVersion > SideBy Side > X86_policy
Depending on the number in the error, locate the entry then replace the value data of Default with the highest value data on the list
This post was last modified: 31-05-2017, 11:00 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Usmand7
Usmand7
Usmand7
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 11:42 AM
(31-05-2017, 10:46 AM)hovatek
(31-05-2017, 01:07 AM)Usmand7 For now yes its the only application I receive this message from, the other issue is with regards to installation of some applications, they don't even respond at all like the JDK and the driver toolkit installer I tried to run as administrator still they don't respond

I would advise you switch to a Windows 7 PC or run SP flash tool in compatibility mode
Alternatively, you could do a regedit modification at Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrenVersion > SideBy Side > X86_policy
Depending on the number in the error, locate the entry then replace the value data of Default with the highest value data on the list

Thanks I downloaded sp flash tool version 3 it worked, however I have another issue, regarding connectivity. My device returns USB device not recognized, even though I manually installed the mediatek preloader,
Usmand7
Usmand7
Usmand7
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 01:12 PM

I checked the regedit there is no value data, I resolved some now I face another challange regarding connectivity; the device now shows me my device is successfully installed but in the list of Universal Serial Bus Controller it shows unknown device I uninstalled it clicked on scan for hardware changes yet it still returns the same message what should I do? Thank you. The phone charges via the USB cord when connected
This post was last modified: 31-05-2017, 01:14 PM by Usmand7.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
31-05-2017, 02:15 PM
(31-05-2017, 01:12 PM)Usmand7

I checked the regedit there is no value data, I resolved some now I face another challange regarding connectivity; the device now shows me my device is successfully installed but in the list of Universal Serial Bus Controller it shows unknown device I uninstalled it clicked on scan for hardware changes yet it still returns the same message what should I do? Thank you. The phone charges via the USB cord when connected

You'll need to install VCOM drivers, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html.
Also Pull out/in the battery before retrying.
Usmand7
Usmand7
Usmand7
Enthusiastic Member
01-06-2017, 02:42 PM
(31-05-2017, 02:15 PM)innagee

You'll need to install VCOM drivers, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html.

in the list of drivers what am I expected to install is it only the Media Tek Preloader USB VCOM port or is there any thing I should install?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
01-06-2017, 06:10 PM

(01-06-2017, 02:42 PM)Usmand7
(31-05-2017, 02:15 PM)innagee

in the list of drivers what am I expected to install is it only the Media Tek Preloader USB VCOM port or is there any thing I should install?

Just MTK Preloader
Pages (2): 1 2 Next