Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked gionee ctrl V5
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Bricked gionee ctrl V5

Bricked gionee ctrl V5

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Ajith
Ajith
Ajith
Enthusiastic Member
30-05-2017, 01:11 PM

Hello !

I'm using gionee ctrl v5 & my mobile is soft bricked now ! I tried to flash stock rom using sp flash tool but no use ! Still stucks at bootloop & now i can access only to system recovery mode ! I tried to install twrp via adb side load nothing works ! Also tried installing via sd card in recovery mode nothing works ! Any help ! Thanks in advance ! [emoji4]

Can anyone help me by sending a backup rom for gionee ctrl v5 ! [emoji5]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using the Hovatek Forum App
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-05-2017, 07:11 PM
(30-05-2017, 01:11 PM)Ajith Hello !

I'm using gionee ctrl v5 & my mobile is soft bricked now ! I tried to flash stock rom using sp flash tool but no use ! Still stucks at bootloop & now i can access only to system recovery mode ! I tried to install twrp via adb side load nothing works ! Also tried installing via sd card in recovery mode nothing works ! Any help ! Thanks in advance ! [emoji4]

Can anyone help me by sending a backup rom for gionee ctrl v5 ! [emoji5]

Were you able to successfully flash the firmware in SP Flash tool or not?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ajith
Ajith
Ajith
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 10:49 AM
No i flashed it after everything has been done but it still stucks on the logo

Ajith
Ajith
Ajith
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 11:36 AM
I bought this mobile in india so the S/W version doesnt matches with the stock rom which i can able to download from web !

I tried flashing with the sp tool which comes inside the stock rom, after few mins a pop up says download ok, but still nothing works the mobile still stuck at boot loop.

On using latest sp tool it says PMT changed for the rom; it must be downloaded.
I tried formatting & did firmware upgrade but still nothing works !

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-05-2017, 07:18 PM

(31-05-2017, 11:36 AM)Ajith I bought this mobile in india so the S/W version doesnt matches with the stock rom which i can able to download from web !

I tried flashing with the sp tool which comes inside the stock rom, after few mins a pop up says download ok, but still nothing works the mobile still stuck at boot loop.

On using latest sp tool it says PMT changed for the rom; it must be downloaded.
I tried formatting & did firmware upgrade but still nothing works !

1. What was wrong with the phone before you decided to flash and how did it start?
2. Have you tried doing a factory reset in recovery mode?
3. Where did you download the firmware from ?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ajith
Ajith
Ajith
Enthusiastic Member
01-06-2017, 02:32 PM
(31-05-2017, 07:18 PM)hovatek 1. What was wrong with the phone before you decided to flash and how did it start?
2. Have you tried doing a factory reset in recovery mode?
3. Where did you download the firmware from ?
  Ajith

1.Initially my mobile was running with Android 4.2.2, i tried to update OTA through system update, it successfully downloaded OTA (4.4) but doesn't installed,it just rebooted & ran back the same 4.2.2 then i tried to go recovery mode but my mobile doesn't run recovery mode on pressing vol up + power but i can access to factory mode vol down + power then i did a factory reset & tried to install OTA but no use ! so i decided to flash a stock rom using sp tool.

2.yes, i did a factory reset in factory mode as well as recovery mode. (After flashing a stock rom using sp tool i can able to access system recovery mode but stuck at bootloop, now i cant able to access factory mode)

3.I downloaded the stock rom from <firmwarefile.com/gionee-v5>
After flashed and stuck at bootloop then only i get to know the stock rom's S/W version doesn't matches the phone's S/w version.

My Device H/W version :V5_Mainboard_P2
                S/W version : V5_0202_V5695

Using latest sp tool:

I did "format+download" loads to 100% & says download ok but no use,

I did "firmware upgrade" loads to 100% & says download ok but no use,

I did "auto format except bootloader"- format completes & clicked "download only" it says  "PMT changed for the rom; it must be downloaded. try format+download"
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-06-2017, 07:54 PM
(01-06-2017, 02:32 PM)Ajith   Ajith

1.Initially my mobile was running with Android 4.2.2, i tried to update OTA through system update, it successfully downloaded OTA (4.4) but doesn't installed,it just rebooted & ran back the same 4.2.2 then i tried to go recovery mode but my mobile doesn't run recovery mode on pressing vol up + power but i can access to factory mode vol down + power then i did a factory reset & tried to install OTA but no use ! so i decided to flash a stock rom using sp tool.

2.yes, i did a factory reset in factory mode as well as recovery mode. (After flashing a stock rom using sp tool i can able to access system recovery mode but stuck at bootloop, now i cant able to access factory mode)

3.I downloaded the stock rom from <firmwarefile.com/gionee-v5>
After flashed and stuck at bootloop then only i get to know the stock rom's S/W version doesn't matches the phone's S/w version.

My Device H/W version :V5_Mainboard_P2
                S/W version : V5_0202_V5695

Using latest sp tool:

I did "format+download" loads to 100% & says download ok but no use,

I did "firmware upgrade" loads to 100% & says download ok but no use,

I did "auto format except bootloader"- format completes & clicked "download only" it says  "PMT changed for the rom; it must be downloaded. try format+download"

This must mean the firmware you're flashing is for a different Build as I can see @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html
Can you get access to a working phone of the same model and Build as yours i.e 0202 V****
This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 07:55 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Ajith
Ajith
Ajith
Enthusiastic Member
02-06-2017, 06:41 AM
(01-06-2017, 07:54 PM)hovatek This must mean the firmware you're flashing is for a different Build  as I can see @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html
Can you get access to a working phone of the same model and Build as yours i.e 0202 V****

There is no stock firmware available in web which matches with my s/w version
 Also i don't have any access to the working phone of the same model & build.
Ajith
Ajith
Ajith
Enthusiastic Member
02-06-2017, 08:47 AM
As the stock rom doesn't matches the s/w version of mine i cant use sp tool anymore
But i can access to system recovery mode i tried to install stock rom & custom rom (cyanogenmod 12.1 , Dark L , Mystic OS v6) exclusively for gionee ctrl v5 & clones but nothing works when installing from sd card in recovery mode & via adb sideload, it says installation aborted.

if i am right the custom rom will install only on using custom recovery like cwm,twrp & phliz. i tried to install twrp using sp tool but no use.
can you help by sending a working backup rom for my model / help me to install any one of the custom recovery to install custom rom.

i tried to install cwm using mtkdroid tool as mentioned by the following link but my mobile doesn't detect & created a scatter file so i cant able to flash boot & recovery  
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-183...7684659661
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2017, 06:23 PM

(02-06-2017, 08:47 AM)Ajith As the stock rom doesn't matches the s/w version of mine i cant use sp tool anymore
But i can access to system recovery mode i tried to install stock rom & custom rom (cyanogenmod 12.1 , Dark L , Mystic OS v6) exclusively for gionee ctrl v5 & clones but nothing works when installing from sd card in recovery mode & via adb sideload, it says installation aborted.

if i am right the custom rom will install only on using custom recovery like cwm,twrp & phliz. i tried to install twrp using sp tool but no use.
can you help by sending a working backup rom for my model / help me to install any one of the custom recovery to install custom rom.

i tried to install cwm using mtkdroid tool as mentioned by the following link but my mobile doesn't detect & created a scatter file so i cant able to flash boot & recovery  
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-183...7684659661

Upload the stock recovery.img and scatter file.
Also state the Build number and Android version of the firmware you're uploading these files frfom

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next