Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] OTA UPDATE INSTALLATION ABORTED
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] OTA UPDATE INSTALLATION ABORTED

[Please help] OTA UPDATE INSTALLATION ABORTED

olayinkajnr
olayinkajnr
olayinkajnr
01-06-2017, 06:00 AM

Hello there,

I recently updated my Gionee M5mini to android 6.0 via SPFLASH TOOLS and everything went well. The build version is v8235. And immediately, an OTA update of about 379mb (build number 8334) bug fix was sent to me but before I proceeded to download the update, I have already changed my dpi from the default 320 to 260 so as to reduce the density of the screen with 3G Maui Meta app on PC without having to root device​. After completing the download of the Update, and on rebooting to apply the update, I got an error that 'System partition has uhexpected content', installation aborted.

Note that, I have not rooted the phone and the only thing that's changed is the dpi that I changed.

Please help. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-06-2017, 11:08 AM
(01-06-2017, 06:00 AM)olayinkajnr Hello there,

I recently updated my Gionee M5mini to android 6.0 via SPFLASH TOOLS and everything went well. The build version is v8235. And immediately, an OTA update of about 379mb (build number 8334) bug fix was sent to me but before I proceeded to download the update, I have already changed my dpi from the default 320 to 260 so as to reduce the density of the screen with 3G Maui Meta app on PC without having to root device​. After completing the download of the Update, and on rebooting to apply the update, I got an error that 'System partition has uhexpected content', installation aborted.

Note that, I have not rooted the phone and the only thing that's changed is the dpi that I changed.

Please help. Thanks

OTA updates are sensitive to changes made to your ROM. Reflash the firmware without making any modification then retry the OTA

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
01-06-2017, 11:30 AM

I recently updated my Gionee M5mini to android 6.0 via SPFLASH TOOLS and everything went well. The build version is v8235. And immediately, an OTA update of about 379mb (build number 8334) bug fix was sent to me but before I proceeded to download the update, I have already changed my dpi from the default 320 to 260 so as to reduce the density of the screen with 3G Maui Meta app on PC without having to root device. After completing the download of the Update, and on rebooting to apply the update, I got an error that 'System partition has uhexpected content', installation aborted.

Please help. Thanks

If you still have the Android 6.0 ROM you've flashed earlier, then try reloading it and don't change anything and run the update again.
olayinkajnr
olayinkajnr
olayinkajnr
01-06-2017, 01:33 PM
(01-06-2017, 11:08 AM)hovatek

Please help. Thanks

OTA updates are sensitive to changes made to your ROM. Reflash the firmware without making any modification then retry the OTA

I did but still the same issue
olayinkajnr
olayinkajnr
olayinkajnr
01-06-2017, 01:34 PM

(01-06-2017, 11:30 AM)innagee

I recently updated my Gionee M5mini to android 6.0 via SPFLASH TOOLS and everything went well. The build version is v8235. And immediately, an OTA update of about 379mb (build number 8334) bug fix was sent to me but before I proceeded to download the update, I have already changed my dpi from the default 320 to 260 so as to reduce the density of the screen with 3G Maui Meta app on PC without having to root device. After completing the download of the Update, and on rebooting to apply the update, I got an error that 'System partition has uhexpected content', installation aborted.

Please help. Thanks

If you still have the Android 6.0 ROM you've flashed earlier, then try reloading it and don't change anything and run the update again.

Same issue
5diamond
5diamond
5diamond
Techie Member
01-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Flash it with the official stock rom

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-06-2017, 08:27 PM
(01-06-2017, 01:34 PM)olayinkajnr Same issue

Where did you get this 6.0 ROM?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.