Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] tecno w3 lags afteran ota update, and it seems not to be flashable
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] tecno w3 lags afteran ota update, and it seems not to be flashable

[Please help] tecno w3 lags afteran ota update, and it seems not to be flashable

Adeximania
Adeximania
Adeximania
06-06-2017, 03:42 PM

Guys please i really needs your help.

After the first ota update, my tecno w3 now hang every now and then. it shows application not responding even almost immediately after reboot.
At first i was confident and was not scared as i thought just mere rom downngrading will solve the issue.
i downloaded the stock rom from romkingz.com and i made an attemp to plash it on my device. At first, i got an error when i was loading the scatter file, but i followed a thread that seem to provide the solution to that problem,.
later on, i successfully loaded the scatter file then i hit the download buttn, then i connected my phone,
it detected my phone and seem to commence the flashing operation, but after the first loading it brought an error that contain an error box, i dont know what the error means.
please is it that mashmallow devices are not flashable or what, because i leant that one might need to unloack bootloader or something, infact am fed up, this is the only hope i have for the solution, please HELP ME.  

THAT IS THE ERROR THAT I GOT
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 144.6 KB / Downloads: 6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-06-2017, 09:30 PM
(06-06-2017, 03:42 PM)Adeximania Guys please i really needs your help.

After the first ota update, my tecno w3 now hang every now and then. it shows application not responding even almost immediately after reboot.
At first i was confident and was not scared as i thought just mere rom downngrading will solve the issue.
i downloaded the stock rom from romkingz.com and i made an attemp to plash it on my device. At first, i got an error when i was loading the scatter file, but i followed a thread that seem to provide the solution to that problem,.
later on, i successfully loaded the scatter file then i hit the download buttn, then i connected my phone,
it detected my phone and seem to commence the flashing operation, but after the first loading it brought an error that contain an error box, i dont know what the error means.
please is it that mashmallow devices are not flashable or what, because i leant that one might need to unloack bootloader or something, infact am fed up, this is the only hope i have for the solution, please HELP ME.  

I don't know what kind of firmware you downloaded but judging by our collection @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and this error, it seems the firmware you have is a Miracle Box dump and you're trying to flash it using SP Flash tool (which rarely works)
You're to flash it using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Adeximania
Adeximania
Adeximania
07-06-2017, 04:04 AM
(06-06-2017, 09:30 PM)hovatek
(06-06-2017, 03:42 PM)Adeximania Guys please i really needs your help.

I don't know what kind of firmware you downloaded but judging by our collection @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and this error, it seems the firmware you have is a Miracle Box dump and you're trying to flash it using SP Flash tool (which rarely works)
You're to flash it using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html

Thanks for the reply.
I clicked on that collection link that you posted, and i discovered that the rom i was trying to flash was not for hios-w3 versions, so am gonna download the hios version that i saw on the collection page because the w3 is hios version,
Please don't close the thread yet, i would want to get back later after trying the rom. Thanks. Please where can I download this miracle box?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-06-2017, 10:58 AM
(07-06-2017, 04:04 AM)Adeximania Thanks for the reply.
I clicked on that collection link that you posted, and i discovered that the rom i was trying to flash was not for hios-w3 versions, so am gonna download the hios version that i saw on the collection page because the w3 is hios version,
Please don't close the thread yet, i would want to get back later after trying the rom. Thanks. Please where can I download this miracle box?

We don't close support threads, don't worry.
The download links to everything you need are in the second link I dropped in my previous reply. Ensure to download Miracle Box (with loader.exe)
This post was last modified: 07-06-2017, 11:01 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Adeximania
Adeximania
Adeximania
07-06-2017, 12:10 PM

[attachment=3601 hovatek pid='109433' dateline='1496829494']
.png
Capture1.PNG
Size: 212.49 KB / Downloads: 1

I clicked on that collection link that you posted,  and i discovered that the rom i was trying to flash was not for hios-w3 versions,  so am gonna download the hios version that i saw on the collection page because the w3 is hios version,
Please don't close the thread yet,  i would want to get back later after trying the rom.  Thanks. Please where can I download this miracle box?

We don't close  support threads, don't worry.
The download links to everything you need are in the second link I dropped in my previous reply. Ensure to download Miracle Box (with loader.exe)

i have downloaded the rom and miracle box, i also downloaded mtk vcom drivers but the problem now is that miracle box is not still detecting the device.
i followed a thread to disable my pc driver signature, afterwards, i installed the drivers manually.
under my device manager, each time i connect the device to commence flashing, it detects my phone for few seconds and disappears again
i had tried all my ports and even another cable but to no avail.
but flashtool candetect the phone.
please help.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-06-2017, 07:37 PM
(07-06-2017, 12:10 PM)Adeximania i have downloaded the rom and miracle box, i also downloaded mtk vcom drivers but the problem now is that miracle box is not still detecting the device.
i followed a thread to disable my pc driver signature, afterwards, i installed the drivers manually.
under my device manager, each time i connect the device to commence flashing, it detects my phone for few seconds and disappears again
please help.

1. What's the Windows version of your PC?
2. Take note of what the phone gets detected as in device manager then upgrade that driver using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

Note!
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-06-2017, 07:59 PM
(07-06-2017, 12:10 PM)Adeximania
(07-06-2017, 10:58 AM)hovatek
I clicked on that collection link that you posted,  and i discovered that the rom i was trying to flash was not for hios-w3 versions,  so am gonna download the hios version that i saw on the collection page because the w3 is hios version,
Please don't close the thread yet,  i would want to get back later after trying the rom.  Thanks. Please where can I download this miracle box?

i have downloaded the rom and miracle box, i also downloaded mtk vcom drivers but the problem now is that miracle box is not still detecting the device.
please help.

If you are finding it difficult, then try running miracle on a pc running windows 7. Or you can try this driver, maybe it'll work for you. https://www.mediafire.com/?t10ksdxwjpzkt11
This post was last modified: 07-06-2017, 08:03 PM by xerxes.
Adeximania
Adeximania
Adeximania
08-06-2017, 04:54 PM
(07-06-2017, 07:59 PM)innagee
(07-06-2017, 12:10 PM)Adeximania
(07-06-2017, 10:58 AM)hovatek

please help.

If you are finding it difficult, then try running miracle on a pc running windows 7. Or you can try this driver, maybe it'll work for you. https://www.mediafire.com/?t10ksdxwjpzkt11

thanks i successfully flashed the rom, i even flashed a customed recovery afterwards. the phone is now rooted.
thanks to you, i really appreciate.