Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] I need Help Rooting Infinix X510 running on Lollipop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] I need Help Rooting Infinix X510 running on Lollipop

[Please help] I need Help Rooting Infinix X510 running on Lollipop

Ericko99
Ericko99
Ericko99
Enthusiastic Member
07-06-2017, 08:00 AM

I have been scouring the internet to find a way to root androidone lollipop on infinix x510 
build version Infinix  Hot 2 X510-D5110-Andriodone-20151012 using SP flash method but i havn't found anything. I just don't like rooting my phone using Kingroot and the likes, i like being more surgical.
Admin can you help me by porting a TWRP version for this ROM i have attached the scatter file, recovery including preloader.bin and lk.bin (all from this ROM ht...G2nhLav57o the one i'm currently runing on my infinix X510 ) to be modified so that i can flash & boot into recovery mode using the button combo.

Scatter file, recovery, preloader.bin and lk.bin can be downloaded from this link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-OAk_G...sp=sharing
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-06-2017, 12:06 PM
(07-06-2017, 08:00 AM)Ericko99 I have been scouring the internet to find a way to root androidone lollipop on infinix x510 
build version Infinix  Hot 2 X510-D5110-Andriodone-20151012 using SP flash method but i havn't found anything. I just don't like rooting my phone using Kingroot and the likes, i like being more surgical.
Admin can you help me by porting a TWRP version for this ROM i have attached the scatter file, recovery including preloader.bin and lk.bin (all from this ROM ht...G2nhLav57o the one i'm currently runing on my infinix X510 ) to be modified so that i can flash & boot into recovery mode using the button combo.

Scatter file, recovery, preloader.bin and lk.bin can be downloaded from this link.

Try this TWRP @ https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9srKhKuV...t=download
as for the modified files, did you try the ones @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15250.html ?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ericko99
Ericko99
Ericko99
Enthusiastic Member
07-06-2017, 12:24 PM
(07-06-2017, 12:06 PM)hovatek
(07-06-2017, 08:00 AM)Ericko99 I have been scouring the internet to find a way to root androidone lollipop on infinix x510 

Try this TWRP @ https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9srKhKuV...t=download
as for the modified files, did you try the ones @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15250.html ?

I have tried flashing the modified files and recovery still i'm un able to boot into recovery using the button combo {volume+ and power button} 
That thread looks like for marshmallow ROM and i downgraded to lollipop 5.1.1
i have tried flashing the recovery img alone and then rebooting to recovery via adb but it just didn't work.
This post was last modified: 07-06-2017, 01:11 PM by Ericko99.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-06-2017, 07:47 PM
(07-06-2017, 12:24 PM)Ericko99 I have tried flashing the modified files and recovery still i'm un able to boot into recovery using the button combo {volume+ and power button} 
i have tried flashing the recovery img alone and then rebooting to recovery via adb but it just didn't work.

Lets stick to the recovery first before talking booting to recovery via button combo.
After flashing the TWRP above, what happened when you tried booting to recovery via adb?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ericko99
Ericko99
Ericko99
Enthusiastic Member
07-06-2017, 09:45 PM

(07-06-2017, 07:47 PM)hovatek
(07-06-2017, 12:24 PM)Ericko99 I have tried flashing the modified files and recovery still i'm un able to boot into recovery using the button combo {volume+ and power button} 

Lets stick to the recovery first before talking booting to recovery via button combo.
After flashing the TWRP above, what happened when you tried booting to recovery via adb?

No command Error this image best explains whats on my screen
.png
No command Error.PNG
Size: 87.66 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-06-2017, 10:16 AM
(07-06-2017, 09:45 PM)Ericko99 No command Error this image best explains whats on my screen

That's stock recovery. This is happening because you'd booted up the phone before booting into recovery. This causes the custom recovery to be reverted to stock.
Flash the modified lk.bin and preloader.bin with this TWRP and see if you're able to boot straight to TWRP. If your build is compatible then they'll work across Lollipop and Marshmallow

Note!
Ericko99
Ericko99
Ericko99
Enthusiastic Member
08-06-2017, 10:56 AM
(08-06-2017, 10:16 AM)hovatek
(07-06-2017, 09:45 PM)Ericko99 No command Error this image best explains whats on my screen

That's stock recovery. This is happening because you'd booted up the phone before booting into recovery. This causes the custom recovery to be reverted to stock.
Flash the modified lk.bin and preloader.bin with this TWRP and see if you're able to boot straight to TWRP. If your build is compatible then they'll work across Lollipop and Marshmallow

As i had mentioned before i flashed the modified files and TWRP and tried to using the button combo to boot to recovery but my phone behaved like it was completely dead, it didn't respond at all, it didn't even respond to a normal boot. I had to re-flash the original files.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-06-2017, 04:54 PM
(08-06-2017, 10:56 AM)Ericko99 As i had mentioned before i flashed the modified files and TWRP and tried to using the button combo to boot to recovery but my phone behaved like it was completely dead, it didn't respond at all, it didn't even respond to a normal boot. I had to re-flash the original files.

Flash only the modified lk.bin (after flashing stock ROM) and let me know if the phone stays dead on boot

Note!
Ericko99
Ericko99
Ericko99
Enthusiastic Member
09-06-2017, 10:54 AM
(08-06-2017, 04:54 PM)hovatek
(08-06-2017, 10:56 AM)Ericko99 As i had mentioned before i flashed the modified files and TWRP and tried to using the button combo to boot to recovery but my phone behaved like it was completely dead, it didn't respond at all, it didn't even respond to a normal boot. I had to re-flash the original files.

Flash only the modified lk.bin (after flashing stock ROM) and let me know if the phone stays dead on boot

Apparently flashing the modified lk.bin and recovery allowed me to boot to recovery via button combo and i am successfully rooted. I reflashed the original lk.bin so that i can reboot to recovery via adb however i have noticed that each time i reboot to recovery android optimizes my apps even if i didn't flash anything is this normal? Thank you in advance.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-06-2017, 09:08 PM

(09-06-2017, 10:54 AM)Ericko99 Apparently flashing the modified lk.bin and recovery allowed me to boot to recovery via button combo and i am successfully rooted. I reflashed the original lk.bin so that i can reboot to recovery via adb however i have noticed that each time i reboot to recovery android optimizes my apps even if i didn't flash anything is this normal? Thank you in advance.

Yes, its quite normal for a while after rooting

Note!