Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android P5+ After Flash Issue
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

P5+ After Flash Issue

P5+ After Flash Issue

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
09-06-2017, 04:12 PM

Hello I have a tecno P5+ device that just got bricked. Doesn't boot past logo and when it is connected to charger, it just shows the charging sign but doesn't show battery % on screen (when off).

So I downloaded the exact model of the device P5+ G255 KK E1 from Hovatek forum and flashed device with it. But after successful flashing, the issue still persists. Device doesn't still boot past logo and all of the issues mentioned above (before flashing).

It doesn't even enter recovery or factory Mode. Please how can I solve this issue?

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
09-06-2017, 07:47 PM
(09-06-2017, 04:12 PM)erhiskobi Hello I have a tecno P5+ device that just got bricked. Doesn't boot past logo and when it is connected to charger, it just shows the charging sign but doesn't show battery % on screen (when off).

So I downloaded the exact model of the device P5+ G255 KK E1 from Hovatek forum and flashed device with it. But after successful flashing, the issue still persists. Device doesn't still boot past logo and all of the issues mentioned above (before flashing).

It doesn't even enter recovery or factory Mode. Please how can I solve this issue?

retry flashing using the second P5+ firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
10-06-2017, 11:16 AM
(09-06-2017, 07:47 PM)freshtyt
(09-06-2017, 04:12 PM)erhiskobi Hello I have a tecno P5+ device that just got bricked. Doesn't boot past logo and when it is connected to charger, it just shows the charging sign but doesn't show battery % on screen (when off).

retry flashing using the second P5+ firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

I did. Same issue. Even got a backup of a working p5 plus using miracle box, flashed it with the backup same thing

damiflex
damiflex
damiflex
Techie Member
10-06-2017, 12:51 PM

Try to Use the format and download option if the file images are complete. Besides, have you considered if your volume buttons may be faulty
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
10-06-2017, 01:00 PM

(10-06-2017, 12:51 PM)damiflex

Try to Use the format and download option if the file images are complete. Besides, have you considered if your volume buttons may be faulty

I'm confident the vol+ and power buttons are working cos when I try booting into recovery, it gets to where you will have to chose
Normal
Recovery
Fastboot.
If I use the power button to select fastboot, it enters fastboot Mode. But if I select recovery, it just shows "Experience Smart life" and gets stuck there. After a few minutes it will go off and power on again but doesn't enter recovery or boot up normally.

When I try entering factory mode using vol- and power button, the phone just powers on and get stuck on the experience smart life logo. Right now it charges but when I try to power it on, that's where the issue is.

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
10-06-2017, 01:08 PM
(10-06-2017, 01:00 PM)erhiskobi

I'm confident the vol+ and power buttons are working cos when I try booting into recovery, it gets to where you will have to chose
Normal
Recovery
Fastboot.
If I use the power button to select fastboot, it enters fastboot Mode. But if I select recovery, it just shows "Experience Smart life" and gets stuck there. After a few minutes it will go off and power on again but doesn't enter recovery or boot up normally.

When I try entering factory mode using vol- and power button, the phone just powers on and get stuck on the experience smart life logo. Right now it charges but when I try to power it on, that's where the issue is.

The other file I downloaded isn't complete. There is no userdata and cache I think. The first one is complete and I did as you said but same issue.

I did a miracle box backup too of a working phone. Flashed it with the backup. The only difference now is that the phone charges (when powered off) but still can't boot up properly or enter recovery. But It can boot into where you will be asked to chose either
Normal reboot
Recovery or
Fastboot options using power button. If I select recovery, the tecno logo will just come up but doesn't pass there.

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
10-06-2017, 01:29 PM

Issues solved. The back up I made with miracle box eventually worked. I just had to wait it out for it to boot. Took a long while tho but it's up and running now.

Tanks for all the suggestions.