Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno M7 SP Flash Tools Brom Error 0x8
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno M7 SP Flash Tools Brom Error 0x8

Tecno M7 SP Flash Tools Brom Error 0x8

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
17-06-2017, 10:54 AM

Hello I am trying to flash a dead tecno m7 and I get that above error on sp flash tool (wiselink also).

The phone got dead after a previous flashing process got stuck at 50%. The phone is still being detected by pc.

I looked the issue up on Hovatek forum and I got this as fix:

Error 0x8

Meaning: The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution:
* Ensure that the file(s) you're trying to flash are actually for your exact phone model
* Try another stock ROM
* Change the phone's emmc chip
* Try using a different PC.

I downloaded the stock ROM (backup) on Hovatek forum (variant 2) and flashed with it and I got that Error. I tried downloading the other ROM (variant 1) but the link is bad.

I also downloaded m7 ROM from other sites and also got the same error.

Please any idea how to go about it?

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile
Degereji
Degereji
Degereji
Techie Member
17-06-2017, 11:02 AM
(17-06-2017, 10:54 AM)erhiskobi Hello I am trying to flash a dead tecno m7 and I get that above error on sp flash tool (wiselink also).

The phone got dead after a previous flashing process got stuck at 50%. The phone is still being detected by pc.

Error 0x8

Meaning:  The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution:
* Ensure that the file(s) you're trying to flash are actually for your exact phone model
* Try another stock ROM

I downloaded the stock ROM (backup) on Hovatek forum (variant 2) and flashed with it and I got that Error. I tried downloading the other ROM (variant 1) but the link is bad.

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
17-06-2017, 11:11 AM
(17-06-2017, 11:02 AM)Degereji
(17-06-2017, 10:54 AM)erhiskobi Hello I am trying to flash a dead tecno m7 and I get that above error on sp flash tool (wiselink also).

Error 0x8

Meaning:  The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?

Download only

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
17-06-2017, 01:39 PM

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

Both variant 1 and 2 links are working good. Recheck.
Also, for flashing interrupted see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
17-06-2017, 02:10 PM

(17-06-2017, 01:39 PM)innagee

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

Both variant 1 and 2 links are working good. Recheck.
Also, for flashing interrupted see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

With due respect, the variant 1 link to tecno M7 ain't working. Maybe it's cos it's mobile. But that's how I've been downloading Roms from Hovatek forum. That was how I downloaded the variant 2 ROM.. Maybe I'll use another browser or something.
Thanks for the other suggestion too

Degereji
Degereji
Degereji
Techie Member
17-06-2017, 03:11 PM
(17-06-2017, 11:11 AM)erhiskobi

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?

Download only

try flash the other variant after downloading it....if it also shows same error you should try "format all and download" option
Goodluck!
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
17-06-2017, 05:35 PM
(17-06-2017, 03:11 PM)Degereji

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?

Download only

try flash the other variant after downloading it....if it also shows same error you should try "format all and download" option
Goodluck!

The link to variant 1 is broken. Plus I've used format + download all. Didn't work either

addas
addas
addas
Enthusiastic Member
17-06-2017, 09:56 PM

Error 0x8

Meaning: The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

Are you using the correct scatter file?
Degereji
Degereji
Degereji
Techie Member
17-06-2017, 10:41 PM
(17-06-2017, 05:35 PM)erhiskobi
(17-06-2017, 03:11 PM)Degereji

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?

Download only

Goodluck!

The link to variant 1 is broken. Plus I've used format + download all. Didn't work either

give a detailed information of your device please...so I'll help you find its OS somewhere hopefully...
addas
addas
addas
Enthusiastic Member
17-06-2017, 11:20 PM

Try this stock Tecno M7 ROM:

(Affliation link to support me Rolleyes ) http://linkshrink.net/78AYkH
Direct link (No support  Sad ) http://is.gd/TecnoM7ROM
Pages (2): 1 2 Next