Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO CX AIR - BOOT LOOP
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TECNO CX AIR - BOOT LOOP

TECNO CX AIR - BOOT LOOP

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
kras4naija
kras4naija
kras4naija
Enthusiastic Member
23-06-2017, 05:57 PM

My Tecno Camon CX Air is currently in a boot loop.

How it happened:
Following the guide from this article - https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-18938.html.

Somewhere down the way, flashing the recovery file as directed article above didn't work and I tried a tweak of my own which seemed to work (as seen in attached screenshots). However, ever since then my phone has been in a boot loop.

Efforts to use SP Flashtool and the ROM downloaded here to revive it has thrown up errors relating to chip type as defined in the scatter file.

.png
VirtualBox_Win7-Skel_22_06_2017_22_11_34.png
Size: 17.4 KB / Downloads: 35

.png
VirtualBox_Win7-Skel_22_06_2017_22_11_47.png
Size: 12.86 KB / Downloads: 24
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-06-2017, 07:56 AM
(23-06-2017, 05:57 PM)kras4naija My Tecno Camon CX Air is currently in a boot loop.

How it happened:
Following the guide from this article - https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-18938.html.

Somewhere down the way, flashing the recovery file as directed article above didn't work and I tried a tweak of my own which seemed to work (as seen in attached screenshots). However, ever since then my phone has been in a boot loop.

Efforts to use SP Flashtool and the ROM downloaded here to revive it has thrown up errors relating to chip type as defined in the scatter file.

First off, that guide was for Tecno Camon CX and not Tecno Camon CX Air.

1. You said "I tried a tweak of my own" , what tweak was this (details please)
2. What error are you getting with SP Flash tool?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kras4naija
kras4naija
kras4naija
Enthusiastic Member
24-06-2017, 09:46 AM
(24-06-2017, 07:56 AM)hovatek
(23-06-2017, 05:57 PM)kras4naija My Tecno Camon CX Air is currently in a boot loop.

How it happened:

First off, that guide was for Tecno Camon CX and not Tecno Camon CX Air.

1. You said "I tried a tweak of my own" , what tweak was this (details please)
2.  What error are you getting with SP Flash tool?

My bad, the phones seemed similar in architecture save for some few differences, that was why I gave it a shot.

1, the tweak I tried is shown in the attachment 2; I did "fastboot flashing recovery recovery.img" after reading the fastboot help and 'fastboot boot recovery.img' didn't work.

2. SP Flash reports error 3183 i.e. CHIP TYPE related error, didn't get that the screenshot of that.

In conclusion, I am thinking the scatter file in the downloaded CX Air stock ROM isn't right.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-06-2017, 07:32 PM
(24-06-2017, 09:46 AM)kras4naija My bad, the phones seemed similar in architecture save for some few differences, that was why I gave it a shot.

1, the tweak I tried is shown in the attachment 2; I did "fastboot flashing recovery recovery.img" after reading the fastboot help and 'fastboot boot recovery.img' didn't work.

2. SP Flash reports error 3183 i.e. CHIP TYPE related error, didn't get that the screenshot of that.

In conclusion, I am thinking the scatter file in the downloaded CX Air stock ROM isn't right.

1. Can the phone still enter stock recovery / fastboot or the custom recovery mode?
2. I need to see a full screenshot of the SP Flash tool error to pinpoint the cause of the error

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kras4naija
kras4naija
kras4naija
Enthusiastic Member
24-06-2017, 08:12 PM

(24-06-2017, 07:32 PM)hovatek
(24-06-2017, 09:46 AM)kras4naija My bad, the phones seemed similar in architecture save for some few differences, that was why I gave it a shot.

1. Can the phone still enter stock recovery / fastboot or the custom recovery mode?
2. I need to see a full screenshot of the SP Flash tool error to pinpoint the cause of the error
1. The phone is in a bootloop and can't get into fastboot. Moreso, the failed attempt at custom recovery which led to the bootloop means loading to recovery (stock or custom) isn't working either.

2. I would get a screen shot soon, else at most tomorrow or next week. However, like I mentioned, the 3183 error is what I am getting and I have attempted recommended fixes at this URL https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html, all to no avail.

Thanks a lot for the follow up, can't wait to see this issue solved.  Huh
kras4naija
kras4naija
kras4naija
Enthusiastic Member
25-06-2017, 06:45 AM
(24-06-2017, 08:12 PM)kras4naija
(24-06-2017, 07:32 PM)hovatek

1. The phone is in a bootloop and can't get into fastboot. Moreso, the failed attempt at custom recovery which led to the bootloop means loading to recovery (stock or custom) isn't working either.

2. I would get a screen shot soon, else at most tomorrow or next week. However, like I mentioned, the 3183 error is what I am getting and I have attempted recommended fixes at this URL https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html, all to no avail.

Thanks a lot for the follow up, can't wait to see this issue solved.  Huh

See screenshot of SP flashtool error attached.

.png
VirtualBox_Win7-Skel_25_06_2017_05_03_20.png
Size: 30.23 KB / Downloads: 20
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-06-2017, 09:13 AM
(25-06-2017, 06:45 AM)kras4naija See screenshot of SP flashtool error attached.

This is a mismatch error.
If you're not holding any button when connecting to PC for flashing yet, getting this error then its between a driver and incompatible firmware; I suspect the latter
Can you get access to a working Camon CX Air?

Note!
kras4naija
kras4naija
kras4naija
Enthusiastic Member
26-06-2017, 03:22 PM
(26-06-2017, 09:13 AM)hovatek

If you're not holding any button when connecting to PC for flashing yet, getting this error then its between a driver and incompatible firmware; I suspect the latter

I am holding on to Volume UP and DOWN when connecting the phone to the PC.

And no, I don't have access to a working Camon CX Air.

I buzzed the guys who shared the ROM and I was advised to use Miracle box.

What do you think?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-06-2017, 04:13 PM
(26-06-2017, 03:22 PM)kras4naija
(26-06-2017, 09:13 AM)hovatek

I am holding on to Volume UP and DOWN when connecting the phone to the PC.

And no, I don't have access to a working Camon CX Air.

I buzzed the guys who shared the ROM and I was advised to use Miracle box.

What do you think?

Try connecting it without holding any button.
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
26-06-2017, 07:17 PM

Kindly use miracle box
And example is the tecno c9 rom that was dumped using miracle box by Hovatek gives you errors when you try using sp flash tool and will successfully flash using miracle box
And just flash recovery.img

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Hovatek mobile
Pages (2): 1 2 Next