Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Chinese Mediatek 6580 LP 5.1 partition access in recovery mode
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Chinese Mediatek 6580 LP 5.1 partition access in recovery mode

Chinese Mediatek 6580 LP 5.1 partition access in recovery mode

SkyMan4
SkyMan4
SkyMan4
24-06-2017, 03:24 PM

Hi,

"ticket number is #308497".
    I have chinese smartwatch with mt6580 and LP 5.1. Its a custom rom so I dont have TWER recovery and I cant dump   system.img and boot.img using ADB. I have this full custom rom so I can flash the watch in Sp Flash Tool. I am looking for any idea (software or some hardware like JTAG or some "magic box") how to get access to the partitions on recovery mode.
Key point is I want make my own custom rom on smartwatch and safe it on my PC.

Appreacite any answers and ideas.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-06-2017, 08:22 PM
(24-06-2017, 03:24 PM)SkyMan4 Hi,

I have chinese smartwatch with mt6580 and LP 5.1. Its a custom rom so I dont have TWER recovery and I cant dump   system.img and boot.img using ADB. I have this full custom rom so I can flash the watch in Sp Flash Tool. I am looking for any idea (software or some hardware like JTAG or some "magic box") how to get access to the partitions on recovery mode.

Unless the smartwatch is running on a custom recovery, there's almost nothing you can do in recovery mode
You used the phrase "custom rom" a lot. Hope you know the difference between stock rom and custom rom?
BTW
Just in case you wish to extract / backup the smartwatch's firmware, you could use Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17759.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
SkyMan4
SkyMan4
SkyMan4
27-06-2017, 04:52 PM
(24-06-2017, 08:22 PM)hovatek
(24-06-2017, 03:24 PM)SkyMan4 Hi,

Unless the smartwatch is running on a custom recovery, there's almost nothing you can do in recovery mode
You used the phrase "custom rom" a lot. Hope you know the difference between stock rom and custom rom?
BTW
Just in case you wish to extract / backup the smartwatch's firmware, you could use Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17759.html

Thank you for your suggest to use Miracle Box. For this moment situation looks like this on the attached photo:
1) ADB working ok
2) Fastboot working ok
3) on bottom prompts I can see some informaion about my smartwatch like MCU or Android ver. or name so it looks like connected

but I cant make a backup of the rom when using steps as on your movie - no connection
I uninstall Preloader using USBDeview and it was automaticly re-install after smartwatch connected
So now I confused what I can do more ??

Please notice that I am almost sure I have custom rom on my smartwach (not stock rom I think coz Chinese made some add).

Any help - thanks in advance.
Attached Files
.png
2017-06-27 17_40_44-Miracle Box Ver 2.27A.png
Size: 188.03 KB / Downloads: 7
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-06-2017, 11:33 PM
(27-06-2017, 04:52 PM)SkyMan4 Thank you for your suggest to use Miracle Box. For this moment situation looks like this on the attached photo:
1) ADB working ok
2) Fastboot working ok
3) on bottom prompts I can see some informaion about my smartwatch like MCU or Android ver. or name so it looks like connected

but I cant make a backup of the rom when using steps as on your movie - no connection
I uninstall Preloader using USBDeview and it was automaticly re-install after smartwatch connected

Please notice that I am almost sure I have custom rom on my smartwach (not stock rom I think coz Chinese made some add).

You know you're not supposed to hold any button when you connect to PC right?
Try updating the Smartwatches driver using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
SkyMan4
SkyMan4
SkyMan4
28-06-2017, 01:21 PM

(27-06-2017, 11:33 PM)hovatek
(27-06-2017, 04:52 PM)SkyMan4 Thank you for your suggest to use Miracle Box. For this moment situation looks like this on the attached photo:
1) ADB working ok
2) Fastboot working ok

You know you're not supposed to hold any button when you connect to PC right?
Try updating the Smartwatches driver using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

Yes, I know. Before this 5.1 mt6580 I had other watch 4.4 and mt6750 so maybe some drivers conflict. I will remove all drivers and install again just for 5.1 mt6580. Appreciate your support.