Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Erorr updating my firmware
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Erorr updating my firmware

[Please help] Erorr updating my firmware

linkaurios
linkaurios
linkaurios
25-06-2017, 04:59 AM

Hello, my problem is the following, a few days ago I did a firmware update to my cell phone infinix x521, without making first a backup , and to complicate more the things  I installed a wrong rom apparently, the point is that the device is became a brick, trying all the Stock Roms present on this page two of them managed to turn my phone on however one of them does not detect the fingerprint reader, the second installs properly with the problem that it presents an unknown baseband as well as Your IMEI, I have already read many forums about how to fix this problem, but first the NVRAM folder located in Data apparently does not exist on my phone, therefore almost all possible solutions are ruled out, it goes without saying that I have no other options of Firmware or another infinix device to make a backup. 

Can I try something else? Or should I just resign myself  U.U, Thanks and sorry but I do not speak English

PD:  Use all available roms because the original version of my cell phone is apparently not available

My original version is X521-J5086D1-M-161202V64
The one installed is X521J5088C1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-06-2017, 09:04 AM
(25-06-2017, 04:59 AM)linkaurios Hello, my problem is the following, a few days ago I did a firmware update to my cell phone infinix x521, without making first a backup , and to complicate more the things  I installed a wrong rom apparently, the point is that the device is became a brick, trying all the Stock Roms present on this page two of them managed to turn my phone on however one of them does not detect the fingerprint reader, the second installs properly with the problem that it presents an unknown baseband as well as Your IMEI, I have already read many forums about how to fix this problem, but first the NVRAM folder located in Data apparently does not exist on my phone, therefore almost all possible solutions are ruled out, it goes without saying that I have no other options of Firmware or another infinix device to make a backup. 

Can I try something else? Or should I just resign myself  U.U, Thanks and sorry but I do not speak English

PD:  Use all available roms because the original version of my cell phone is apparently not available

In the ROM with the fingerprint reader issue, are both Baseband and IMEI OK?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
linkaurios
linkaurios
linkaurios
27-06-2017, 04:27 AM
(26-06-2017, 09:04 AM)Hovatek
(25-06-2017, 04:59 AM)linkaurios Hello, my problem is the following, a few days ago I did a firmware update to my cell phone infinix x521, without making first a backup , and to complicate more the things  I installed a wrong rom apparently, the point is that the device is became a brick, trying all the Stock Roms present on this page two of them managed to turn my phone on however one of them does not detect the fingerprint reader, the second installs properly with the problem that it presents an unknown baseband as well as Your IMEI, I have already read many forums about how to fix this problem, but first the NVRAM folder located in Data apparently does not exist on my phone, therefore almost all possible solutions are ruled out, it goes without saying that I have no other options of Firmware or another infinix device to make a backup. 

In the ROM with the fingerprint reader issue, are both Baseband and IMEI OK?

No, that Rom also has a baseband number and Imei unknown
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-06-2017, 12:51 PM
(27-06-2017, 04:27 AM)linkaurios No, that Rom also has a baseband number and Imei unknown

Flash the firmware with only a Baseband & IMEI issue then go to Settings > Backup & reset then wipe the phone
check if Baseband is still unknown
This post was last modified: 27-06-2017, 12:52 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
linkaurios
linkaurios
linkaurios
28-06-2017, 12:54 AM

(27-06-2017, 12:51 PM)hovatek
(27-06-2017, 04:27 AM)linkaurios No, that Rom also has a baseband number and Imei unknown

Flash the firmware with only a Baseband & IMEI issue then go to Settings > Backup & reset then wipe the phone
check if Baseband is still unknown

Well, after doing the restoration, the baseband number already appears and also the IMEIS, however they were not the imeis of my cell phone, so I used the Gsm Aladdin tool to change them. Now the problem is that there is no network available, neither the signal bars appear. The APN is configured correctly
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-06-2017, 11:04 AM
(28-06-2017, 12:54 AM)linkaurios Well, after doing the restoration, the baseband number already appears and also the IMEIS, however they were not the imeis of my cell phone, so I used the Gsm Aladdin tool to change them. Now the problem is that there is no network available, neither the signal bars appear. The APN is configured correctly

Try rewriting IMEI using SN Writer @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html

Note!
Luis Garcia
Luis Garcia
Luis Garcia
15-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Im looking for X521-J5086D1-M-161202V64 rom too. Android 7 doesnt work for latinamerica, also consumes a lot of battery.

Can you upload the rom for downgrade please?

TIA
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-02-2018, 07:59 PM
(15-02-2018, 05:57 PM)Luis Garcia Im looking for X521-J5086D1-M-161202V64 rom too. Android 7 doesnt work for latinamerica, also consumes a lot of battery.

Can you upload the rom for downgrade please?

TIA

that ROM build is elusive, can't be found anywhere. you'll most likely need to dump the firmware from a working phone with that build number
if you still have further questions, create a new thread for your device issue as this is someone's thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread