Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Install Gapps on Gionee M6S PLUS Chinese model
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Install Gapps on Gionee M6S PLUS Chinese model

[Please help] Install Gapps on Gionee M6S PLUS Chinese model

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
31-07-2017, 11:20 AM

Hi,
I have bought Chinese version Gionee M6S plus (64 GB ROM) and was not knowing that Gapps will not be available. I want to install gapps as I am in India. I have also tried installing apks like service framework,account manager,play store but in vain and it crashes every time I open . I want to root this phone only to install gapps. Can any one please post the link how to install Gapps or help as how to root this version of phone ?  

Thanks in Advance
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
31-07-2017, 05:19 PM
(31-07-2017, 11:20 AM)suhi02 Hi,
I have bought Chinese version Gionee M6S plus (64 GB ROM) and was not knowing that Gapps will not be available. I want to install gapps as I am in India. I have also tried installing apks like service framework,account manager,play store but in vain and it crashes every time I open . I want to root this phone only to install gapps. Can any one please post the link how to install Gapps or help as how to root this version of phone ?  

Thanks in Advance

whats the android version of your phone?
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
31-07-2017, 05:36 PM
(31-07-2017, 05:19 PM)freshtyt

Thanks in Advance

whats the android version of your phone?

My device is running on marshmallow 6.0.1, Amigo version 3.5.3 ,secure version 1.2.a. Build number SV1.3. Kernel version 3.10.84-perf.
Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-07-2017, 10:23 PM

Thanks in Advance

You'll need to first flash a custom recovery then gapps.zip in the recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
01-08-2017, 01:26 AM

(31-07-2017, 10:23 PM)hovatek

Thanks in Advance

You'll need to first flash a custom recovery then gapps.zip in the recovery

Can you please provide Links how to flash custom recovery. I have searched in the forum and I have found for M6.M6 is mediatek and M6S plus is Snapdragon. Can I use the one posted for M6 ? Will it matter ?Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-08-2017, 10:42 PM
(01-08-2017, 01:26 AM)suhi02 Can you please provide Links how to flash custom recovery. I have searched in the forum and I have found for M6.M6 is mediatek and M6S plus is Snapdragon. Can I use the one posted for M6 ? Will it matter ?Thanks

No, it won't work. You'll need a custom recovery ported for M6S Plus

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
15-08-2017, 05:33 AM
(01-08-2017, 10:42 PM)hovatek
(01-08-2017, 01:26 AM)suhi02 Can you please provide Links how to flash custom recovery. I have searched in the forum and I have found for M6.M6 is mediatek and M6S plus is Snapdragon. Can I use the one posted for M6 ? Will it matter ?Thanks

No, it won't work. You'll need a custom recovery ported for M6S Plus

Can you please help me ,custom recovery ported for M6S Plus ? Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-08-2017, 10:29 AM
(15-08-2017, 05:33 AM)suhi02 Can you please help me ,custom recovery ported for M6S Plus ? Thanks

First, dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
Upload the recovery.bin and scatter file

Note!
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
16-08-2017, 10:26 AM
(15-08-2017, 10:29 AM)hovatek
(15-08-2017, 05:33 AM)suhi02 Can you please help me ,custom recovery ported for M6S Plus ? Thanks

First, dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https: //www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
Upload the recovery.bin and scatter file

Hi, Thanks for the miracle box link. I want to definitely try because without google play store it is tough to use this phone. But Before trying I have few queries as I am little bit afraid.
The tutorial mentioned is for mediatek devices without root access. M6S PLUS is snapdragon chipset. So do I need to choose snapdragon tab in miracle box ? And if yes what other options in that tab I should select ?
2nd query is I have read that phone may become dead if by any chance USB cable is removed while reading. (Of course I will not remove cable purposefully!!) Mine is non removable battery and I am worried about it. If at any point while reading I get error will my phone become dead forever ?
Please help
Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-08-2017, 10:13 PM

(16-08-2017, 10:26 AM)suhi02 Hi, Thanks for the miracle box link. I want to definitely try because without google play store it is tough to use this phone. But Before trying I have few queries as I am little bit afraid.
The tutorial mentioned is for mediatek devices without root access. M6S PLUS is snapdragon chipset. So do I need to choose snapdragon tab in miracle box ? And if yes what other options in that tab I should select ?
2nd query is I have read that phone may become dead if by any chance USB cable is removed while reading. (Of course I will not remove cable purposefully!!) Mine is non removable battery and I am worried about it. If at any point while reading I get error will my phone become dead forever ?
Please help
Thanks

Oh. Sorry for the mixup.
Do you have the stock rom for your phone?

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next