Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Itel A51
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to root the Itel A51

[Development] How to root the Itel A51

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-07-2017, 12:56 AM

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-root-Itel-A51.jpg]

The Itel A51 (e.g A51-W505B-6.0-OP-V014-20170404) is an SC7731C powered phone running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)

How to root Itel A51
Code:

adb devices
adb reboot-bootloader
  • Once the phone is in fastboot, flash recovery.img using the command below
Code:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Power off or reboot the phone then boot into recovery mode (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-2167.html )
  • In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow TWRP modify the system partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
  • Tap Install
  • Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip and select it
  • Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
  • Reboot the phone normally

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mangle
mangle
mangle
13-08-2017, 06:16 PM
twrp is not flashing it just shows fastboot on my phone and waiting for device on my system what do i do
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-08-2017, 09:28 AM
(13-08-2017, 06:16 PM)mangle twrp is not flashing it just shows fastboot on my phone and waiting for device on my system what do i do

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
PatrickEdem
PatrickEdem
PatrickEdem
Enthusiastic Member
20-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Please sir, i have set-up adb successfully, i have also install sciusb2serial successfully but when i connect my phone, it's trying to install the device software. From the taskbar it's showing, installing device driver software but at the end could not install, showing the device driver software not install successfully. What should I do, pls help.
TheGeekSaint
TheGeekSaint
TheGeekSaint
20-08-2017, 11:01 AM

(20-08-2017, 08:10 AM)PatrickEdem Please sir, i have set-up adb successfully, i have also install sciusb2serial successfully but when i connect my phone, it's trying to install the device software. From the taskbar it's showing, installing device driver software but at the end could not install, showing the device driver software not install successfully. What should I do, pls help.

Maybe it is because of the OS. I always get this trouble using 64bit OS Windows. Try it on 32bit Windows

Envoyé de mon itel S11 en utilisant Tapatalk
PatrickEdem
PatrickEdem
PatrickEdem
Enthusiastic Member
20-08-2017, 02:37 PM
(20-08-2017, 11:01 AM)TheGeekSaint
(20-08-2017, 08:10 AM)PatrickEdem Please sir, i have set-up adb successfully, i have also install sciusb2serial successfully but when i connect my phone, it's trying to install the device software. From the taskbar it's showing, installing device driver software but at the end could not install, showing the device driver software not install successfully. What should I do, pls help.

Maybe it is because of the OS. I always get this trouble using 64bit OS Windows. Try it on 32bit Windows

Envoyé de mon itel S11 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks, but i'm confused because i have used the same to system to flash a version of the stock rom on the device and it worked, Since then it having this problem
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-08-2017, 11:31 AM

the guide doesnt require sciusb2serial driver, only adb drivers
sciusb2serial is required if you intend to flash using research download etc
did you get stuck along the way in the rooting guide? if yes, then where exactly?
PatrickEdem
PatrickEdem
PatrickEdem
Enthusiastic Member
21-08-2017, 04:10 PM
(21-08-2017, 11:31 AM)X3non

the guide doesnt require sciusb2serial driver, only adb drivers
sciusb2serial is required if you intend to flash using research download etc
did you get stuck along the way in the rooting guide? if yes, then where exactly?

Setup ADB-Fastboot on your PC to detect your Spreadtrum phone, this is where i'm stuck, pls help
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-08-2017, 04:34 PM
(21-08-2017, 04:10 PM)PatrickEdem Setup ADB-Fastboot on your PC to detect your Spreadtrum phone, this is where i'm stuck, pls help

i'll take it that you've successfully installed adb but adb still isnt detecting your device when you type "adb devices"
* ensure that usb debugging has been enabled on your device, also check the device screen to access any request
if it still doesnt detect, then try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html
This post was last modified: 21-08-2017, 04:34 PM by X3non.
PatrickEdem
PatrickEdem
PatrickEdem
Enthusiastic Member
21-08-2017, 04:43 PM

Yes, i have installed the abd successfully, but installing sciu25 Android usb spreadtrum drivers and sci Android usb driver jungo 4 is where i'm having problem
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next