Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno W5 no simcard, invalid IMEI, no root access
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno W5 no simcard, invalid IMEI, no root access

[Please help] Tecno W5 no simcard, invalid IMEI, no root access

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
22-08-2017, 09:28 AM

HELLO HOVATEK. my device is tecno w5, and used it for a while with a root access( using the commands you gave me before)..... but recently i got a message that my device doesnt have a root access. and it literally say " no su binary found. and suprsu can not install it". and try to re-root the device. .......... and i tried to re-root the device as i did it before. starting from the step of unlocking the boot loader to suprsu installing. Immediately after i unlocked the bootloader the phone got in bootloop. It boots to twrp and shutdown...again starts..... and  use factory reset from twrp. nothing happens. again from factory mode i " emmc clear" and formats the device and starts the device normally. BUT , no sim card detected, invalid IMEI and no supersu. And i tried to install supersu using twrp, and also adb sideload but it was not successful. what should i do now?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
22-08-2017, 01:29 PM
(22-08-2017, 09:28 AM)Michael Demeke HELLO HOVATEK. my device is tecno w5, and used it for a while with a root access( using the commands you gave me before)..... but recently i got a message that my device doesnt have a root access. and it literally say " no su binary found. and suprsu can not install it". and try to re-root the device. .......... and i tried to re-root the device as i did it before. starting from the step of unlocking the boot loader to suprsu installing. Immediately after i unlocked the bootloader the phone got in bootloop. It boots to twrp and shutdown...again starts..... and  use factory reset from twrp. nothing happens. again from factory mode i " emmc clear" and formats the device and starts the device normally. BUT , no sim card detected, invalid IMEI and no supersu. And i tried to install supersu using twrp, and also adb sideload but it was not successful. what should i do now?

Re-flash stock ROM for your device. 
Then root your device again if you wish. see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16656.html

For invalid IMEI issue, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-08-2017, 03:36 PM
(22-08-2017, 09:28 AM)Michael Demeke HELLO HOVATEK. my device is tecno w5, and used it for a while with a root access( using the commands you gave me before)..... but recently i got a message that my device doesnt have a root access. and it literally say " no su binary found. and suprsu can not install it". and try to re-root the device. .......... and i tried to re-root the device as i did it before. starting from the step of unlocking the boot loader to suprsu installing. Immediately after i unlocked the bootloader the phone got in bootloop. It boots to twrp and shutdown...again starts..... and  use factory reset from twrp. nothing happens. again from factory mode i " emmc clear" and formats the device and starts the device normally. BUT , no sim card detected, invalid IMEI and no supersu. And i tried to install supersu using twrp, and also adb sideload but it was not successful. what should i do now?

Does the phone have a valid baseband?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
22-08-2017, 04:23 PM
thank you guys for your help. and yaaaaa I didn't notice that ,but it says " Baseband version=UNKNOWN ". But I am sure there was something before this problem occurs. Guys, is that a bad thing?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
23-08-2017, 09:44 AM

(22-08-2017, 04:23 PM)Michael Demeke thank you guys for your help. and yaaaaa I didn't notice that ,but it says " Baseband version=UNKNOWN ". But I am sure there was something before this problem occurs. Guys, is that a bad thing?

Yes, you will need to re-flash its firmware to regain the baseband.

Download W5 Stock ROM @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
Use SP flash tool to flash your device, here is a https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
This post was last modified: 23-08-2017, 02:12 PM by hovatek.
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
23-08-2017, 05:49 PM
1.42 GB stock ROM/firmware. ???? how can I download that? Another headache.......because this is Ethiopia. ......... anyways i''ll come with a good news. thank you guys. I always get very precise and accurate answers for ma problems. I love you guys...... ALWAYS HOVATEK!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-08-2017, 11:07 PM
(23-08-2017, 05:49 PM)Michael Demeke 1.42 GB stock ROM/firmware. ???? how can I download that? Another headache.......because this is Ethiopia. ......... anyways i''ll come with a good news. thank you guys. I always get very precise and accurate answers for ma problems. I love you guys...... ALWAYS HOVATEK!

You might not need to download the entire stock rom just yet.
Download only scatter file and secro @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19425.html and flash the secro.
See if you regain baseband

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
25-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Scatter and secro only? Wow..... am i seeing correct? Zey are under 5kb right? What are you guys really? From 1.4 gb to 2kb ? Thats incredible...... and very very helpful. Thank you guys!
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
Michael Demeke
27-08-2017, 04:46 PM
hello there....... i successfully flashed the stock rom and i gain the base-band version. thank you so much. And after that i root my device and try to follow your solutions on invalid IMEI and no simcard detected. I used MPOB replacement method and the began to detect the sim card, but sill invalid IMEI. I tried mtk engineering mode and mobile uncle...... and i didnt find any choise as " CDS information". and i try SN writer method and this time i thought i would make it but...... after the phone got into meta mode the progress stuck there for a moment( saying searching for kernels....) and ask to enter IMEI again ...... STILL i did not lose any hope .... finally i tried MUI META mode and the phone is not detected...... chemelephone is great app but after i reboot my phone even my sim card is not detected...... this whole process didnt work for me........ NOW i lost all ma hopes
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
27-08-2017, 07:41 PM

(27-08-2017, 04:46 PM)Michael Demeke hello there....... i successfully flashed the stock rom and i gain the base-band version. thank you so much. And after that i root my device and try to follow your solutions on invalid IMEI and no simcard detected. I used MPOB replacement method and the began to detect the sim card, but sill invalid IMEI. I tried mtk engineering mode and mobile uncle...... and i didnt find any choise as " CDS information". and i try SN writer method and this time i thought i would make it but...... after the phone got into meta mode the progress stuck there for a moment( saying searching for kernels....) and ask to enter IMEI again ...... STILL i did not lose any hope .... finally i tried MUI META mode and the phone is not detected...... chemelephone is great app but after i reboot my phone even my sim card is not detected...... this whole process didnt work for me........ NOW i lost all ma hopes

Write IMEI using GSM Aladdin. See https://www.hovatek.com/forum\thread-116.html

Sent from my P2 using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 28-08-2017, 11:31 AM by hovatek.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next