Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to do a full rom backup without root
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to do a full rom backup without root

How to do a full rom backup without root

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
judeski
judeski
judeski
24-08-2017, 08:52 AM

Please how can a do a full rom backup without root so I don't get any errors when doing an ota update. The reason is. So that I can flash my stock boot back to the phone so i Can do an ota update. For camon cx to be exact

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Hovatek Forum
damiflex
damiflex
damiflex
Techie Member
24-08-2017, 09:00 AM
(24-08-2017, 08:52 AM)judeski Please how can a do a full rom backup without root so I don't get any errors when doing an ota update. The reason is. So that I can flash my stock boot back to the phone so i Can do an ota update. For camon cx to be exact

Use this method.

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-08-2017, 10:39 AM
(24-08-2017, 08:52 AM)judeski Please how can a do a full rom backup without root so I don't get any errors when doing an ota update. The reason is. So that I can flash my stock boot back to the phone so i Can do an ota update. For camon cx to be exact

The method posted by @damiflex should do it. BUT for Cx, miracle box v2.27 won't work. You'll require a higher version of the software as well as the hardware dongle

Better still you can download the stock ROM for your build as an alternative
judeski
judeski
judeski
24-08-2017, 11:26 AM
My version is v133

judeski
judeski
judeski
24-08-2017, 11:27 AM

The build is not there

dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
24-08-2017, 12:13 PM
(24-08-2017, 11:26 AM)judeski My version is v133

The problem will be that you will have to start updating each version, that is say if you download build v107. Whenever you flash you will have to update from there to v133 and beyond. It really tiresome. It happened to me but was better than having a bricked phone.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-08-2017, 06:33 PM
(24-08-2017, 11:27 AM)judeski The build is not there

Download the CX firmware for your chip (MT67**) . You can then install OTA updates to get to the latest version

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
judeski
judeski
judeski
24-08-2017, 08:53 PM
K thanks

judeski
judeski
judeski
26-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Can I get the full stock rom If I flash cwm recovery because I don't want my boot to be patched before I back it up invade of ota update. I got to understand that it is when you root your phone that your boot and some other things will be changed or patched so is it possible to do a full backup with custom recovery before rooting camon cx

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-08-2017, 03:54 PM

(26-08-2017, 10:04 AM)judeski Can I get the full stock rom If I flash cwm recovery  because I don't want my boot to be patched  before I back it up invade of ota update.   I got to understand that it is when you root your phone that your boot and some other things will be changed or patched  so is it possible to do a full backup with custom recovery before rooting camon cx

you cant get a full stock rom from a custom recovery backup (as the backup doesnt contain all partitions)
you can backup boot partition using custom recovery, but just so you are aware to unroot for OTA update after rooting using a custom recovery, you'll need to flash stock boot, recovery and system.img
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next