Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to do a full rom backup without root
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to do a full rom backup without root

How to do a full rom backup without root

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
judeski
judeski
judeski
26-08-2017, 05:06 PM

(26-08-2017, 03:54 PM)X3non
(26-08-2017, 10:04 AM)judeski Can I get the full stock rom If I flash cwm recovery  because I don't want my boot to be patched  before I back it up invade of ota update.   I got to understand that it is when you root your phone that your boot and some other things will be changed or patched  so is it possible to do a full backup with custom recovery before rooting camon cx

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Hovatek Forum

you cant get a full stock rom from a custom recovery backup (as the backup doesnt contain all partitions)
you can backup boot partition using custom recovery, but just so you are aware to unroot for OTA update after rooting using a custom recovery, you'll need to flash stock boot, recovery and system.img
judeski
judeski
judeski
27-08-2017, 09:28 AM
(26-08-2017, 05:06 PM)judeski
(26-08-2017, 10:04 AM)judeski Can I get the full stock rom If I flash cwm recovery  because I don't want my boot to be patched  before I back it up invade of ota update.   I got to understand that it is when you root your phone that your boot and some other things will be changed or patched  so is it possible to do a full backup with custom recovery before rooting camon cx

you cant get a full stock rom from a custom recovery backup (as the backup doesnt contain all partitions)
you can backup boot partition using custom recovery, but just so you are aware to unroot for OTA update after rooting using a custom recovery, you'll need to flash stock boot, recovery and system.img
judeski
judeski
judeski
27-08-2017, 09:32 AM
(27-08-2017, 09:28 AM)judeski
(26-08-2017, 05:06 PM)judeski

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Blank replies

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
28-08-2017, 01:16 PM

I believe that even just booting into recovery changes the state of the OS, may using other tool but as said above you can't backup everything.

peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
13-09-2017, 02:10 PM
I have the same phone same build and I was forced to downgrade to v91 to upgrade to v123 because to v115 to 123 it required stock recovery as opposed to stock boot to the previous OTAs.
After that I figured out how to to backup unmodified boot,system,and recovery
So after successfully upgrading to v133 and unrooted
fastboot boot TWRP.img ,mount system RO and make backup of boot,recovery and system to SD card.
Also booting into TWRP doesn't modify anything,unless you mount system as RW.You can confirm by checking root intergrity using stock recovery
Also SuperSU makes a backup of your stock boot.img
Go to /data and find it and change the file extension to .img
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
13-09-2017, 03:48 PM
(13-09-2017, 02:10 PM)peter osoro I have the same phone same build and I was forced to downgrade to v91 to upgrade to v123 because to v115 to 123 it required stock recovery as opposed to stock boot to the previous OTAs.
fastboot boot TWRP.img ,mount system RO and make backup of boot,recovery and system to SD card.
Also booting into TWRP doesn't modify anything,unless you mount system as RW.You can confirm by checking root intergrity using stock recovery

nice idea!!
tho this would only work for those whose device(s) supports booting the custom recovery
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
13-09-2017, 03:59 PM
(13-09-2017, 03:48 PM)freshtyt
(13-09-2017, 02:10 PM)peter osoro I have the same phone same build and I was forced to downgrade to v91 to upgrade to v123 because to v115 to 123 it required stock recovery as opposed to stock boot to the previous OTAs.

nice idea!!
tho this would only work for those whose device(s) supports booting the custom recovery

The others can probably read using miracle box

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Hovatek mobile
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
15-09-2017, 08:28 PM
(13-09-2017, 02:10 PM)peter osoro I have the same phone same build and I was forced to downgrade to v91 to upgrade to v123 because to v115 to 123 it required stock recovery as opposed to stock boot to the previous OTAs.

Peter, you help me when my phone was bootloop. On basis of that I will try boot twrp RO. But I regret this when I will be forced to v91 again. Am also on v133 now.

dalid.daud
dalid.daud
dalid.daud
Techie Member
15-09-2017, 08:49 PM

(15-09-2017, 08:28 PM)dalid.daud
(13-09-2017, 02:10 PM)peter osoro I have the same phone same build and I was forced to downgrade to v91 to upgrade to v123 because to v115 to 123 it required stock recovery as opposed to stock boot to the previous OTAs.

Peter, you help me when my phone was bootloop. On basis of that I will try boot twrp RO. But I regret this when I will be forced to v91 again. Am also on v133 now.

I did but it failed as below [Image: a4a3b01c2ace36783bba803cc76ebc42.jpg]

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next