Hovatek Forum MOBILE Others Windows phone [Please help] Htc 8s just blink red and vibrate when connected with charger
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Htc 8s just blink red and vibrate when connected with charger

[Please help] Htc 8s just blink red and vibrate when connected with charger

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
26-08-2017, 08:39 PM

Hi. I have this htc 8s which previously had a boot problem. The boot files of the os was damaged and it needed to be recovere through flash. So i downloaded the RUU for the phone model and extracted the files in it. I followed a tutorial which asked to rename to files and copy to the sd card. And then flash it using the following commands press vol down+ camera and power button. I did the flash but actually i don't know if it was a success or a failure because the power of the phone was low. So now the phone won't display nothing when i connect the charger. All what it does is blink for some few minutes then vibrate

Sent from my iPhone using Hovatek Forum
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-08-2017, 01:07 AM
(26-08-2017, 08:39 PM)alimalamm Hi. I have this htc 8s which previously had a boot problem. The boot files of the os was damaged and it needed to be recovere through flash. So i downloaded the RUU for the phone model and extracted the files in it. I followed a tutorial which asked to rename to files and copy to the sd card. And then flash it using the following commands press vol down+ camera and power button.  I did the flash but actually i don't know if it was a success or a failure because the power of the phone was low. So now the phone won't display nothing when i connect the charger. All what it does is blink for some few minutes then vibrate

Sent from my iPhone using Hovatek Forum

You need to flash RUU via fastboot.
Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10354.html
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
28-08-2017, 07:38 AM
The phone just blinks when i connect the usb. It doesn't display nothing on the screen. Can't put it in fast boot mode

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Hovatek Forum
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
28-08-2017, 11:23 AM
(28-08-2017, 07:38 AM)alimalamm The phone just blinks when i connect the usb. It doesn't display nothing on the screen. Can't put it in fast boot mode

consider charging the battery of the device properly
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
28-08-2017, 02:30 PM

Yeah i did charge the phone for long but still there is no reaction on the screen

alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
28-08-2017, 02:36 PM
By the way i forgot to tell you that when i connect the phone to the pc i can have access to its internal memory and even transfer files in it

maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
28-08-2017, 08:55 PM
(28-08-2017, 02:36 PM)alimalamm By the way i forgot to tell you that when i connect the phone to the pc i can have access to its internal memory and even transfer files in it

Take out the battery then insert and boot into Hboot as explained in https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-555.html
If the screen remains black then you should check the LCD cable and screen

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
31-08-2017, 07:55 AM
The phone has an internal battery. I can't get it out until i unscrew the phone

maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
31-08-2017, 12:18 PM
(31-08-2017, 07:55 AM)alimalamm The phone has an internal battery. I can't get it out until i unscrew the phone

Don't attempt taking out the battery then. Just power off the phone then try booting into Hboot

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum
alimalamm
alimalamm
alimalamm
31-08-2017, 11:13 PM

It will be difficult since the phone doesn't display. And how should i enter hboot mode

Pages (2): 1 2 Next