Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Lenovo A516 Bricked
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Lenovo A516 Bricked

Lenovo A516 Bricked

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
Enthusiastic Member
23-08-2017, 05:01 PM

Hey Guys,

I got a lenovo A516 that won't boot, show logo etc. in other words 'dead'. It does get detected as a mtk com port. So i tried flashing with flashtool but always the error brom error s_ft_da_no_response (4001). I tried different flashtools. Tried flashing only the preloader also but to no avail. Always the same error. tried both with and without battery. So is there anything you can do to help me?

Thanks
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
23-08-2017, 07:37 PM
(23-08-2017, 05:01 PM)The Dark Shadow Hey Guys,

I got a lenovo A516 that won't boot, show logo etc. in other words 'dead'. It does get detected as a mtk com port. So i tried flashing with flashtool but always the error brom error s_ft_da_no_response (4001). I tried different flashtools. Tried flashing only the preloader also but to no avail. Always the same error. tried both with and without battery. So is there anything you can do to help me?

Thanks

How did it go dead? 

Hope you're not holding any button before connecting the phone to pc?
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
Enthusiastic Member
23-08-2017, 08:13 PM
(23-08-2017, 05:01 PM)innagee How did it go dead? 

Hope you're not holding any button before connecting the phone to pc?

Well it went dead when I was flashing a ROM through my TWRP and it failed to flash like just got stuck and then that's it. I hold the volume down button.
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
maxxxiii
24-08-2017, 12:25 AM

Thanks

You will have to joing motherboard gold points as instructed in https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html
but first, I suggest you try another PC

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
Enthusiastic Member
24-08-2017, 01:22 AM

Hey maxxxiii, 

I couldn't quote you as you had a link in your sentence which they wouldn't let me post, strange. 
I tried A different PC as well and don't have the tools required for soldering. There is no other way though? As the phone does get detected in MTK mode every time i connect it. 

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-08-2017, 08:00 AM
(23-08-2017, 05:01 PM)The Dark Shadow Hey Guys,

Thanks

This error indicates a problem connecting to the device. Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
Enthusiastic Member
26-08-2017, 02:01 AM
(24-08-2017, 08:00 AM)hovatek

Thanks

This error indicates a problem connecting to the device. Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

I know so the soldering the gold points is the only way then?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-08-2017, 01:30 PM
(26-08-2017, 02:01 AM)The Dark Shadow I know so the soldering the gold points is the only way then?

Possibly.
It could be a problem with USB port, USB connection or corrupted storage chip. On rare occasions, it might be a totally drained battery.
The crux of the error is that the phone isn't responding to SP Flash tool's attempts to connect

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
The Dark Shadow
Enthusiastic Member
27-08-2017, 12:36 PM
(26-08-2017, 01:30 PM)hovatek
(26-08-2017, 02:01 AM)The Dark Shadow I know so the soldering the gold points is the only way then?

Possibly.
It could be a problem with USB port, USB connection or corrupted storage chip. On rare occasions, it might be a totally drained battery.
The crux of the error is that the phone isn't responding to SP Flash tool's attempts to connect

I tried the another flashtool and i get a different error. Its the first time i got this 
BROM ERROR: S_FT_GET_MEMORY_FAIL (0xFDA)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-08-2017, 10:31 AM

(27-08-2017, 12:36 PM)The Dark Shadow I tried the another flashtool and i get a different error. Its the first time i got this 
BROM ERROR: S_FT_GET_MEMORY_FAIL (0xFDA)

lets see a screenshot of this error as well as the SP flash tool window, shift the error window to one side of the screen so we'll able to view the SP flash tool windows
also try flashing using a different USB cord and or PC
Pages (2): 1 2 Next