Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno p9 not powering, and when i plug in charger, the screen blinks faintly
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno p9 not powering, and when i plug in charger, the screen blinks faintly

[Please help] Tecno p9 not powering, and when i plug in charger, the screen blinks faintly

davidd
davidd
davidd
28-08-2017, 09:42 AM

greetings.
i am having a problem with my tecno p9 one sim mini tab.
it was working, all of a sudden it became frozen and went off, since then it is still off.
when ever i plug in the charge the screen blinks faintly, and when i plug in to my computer, i hear the connecting sound and then disconnecting sound. 
i followed the instruction from your admins, and also read other thread here, but still didnt work for me.
i tried using sp flash tool 5. according to the instruction on your youtube guide, still didnt work. 
all i got was error, scatter files didnt match with MT6589.
i need help
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
28-08-2017, 11:38 AM
(28-08-2017, 09:42 AM)davidd greetings.
it was working, all of a sudden it became frozen and went off, since then it is still off.
when ever i plug in the charge the screen blinks faintly, and when i plug in to my computer, i hear the connecting sound and then disconnecting sound. 
i followed the instruction from your admins, and also read other thread here, but still didnt work for me.
i tried using sp flash tool 5. according to the instruction on your youtube guide, still didnt work. 
i need help

whats the android version of your P9?
also when you connect the device to a charger while its powered off, does the device display the battery charging sign?
davidd
davidd
davidd
30-08-2017, 12:44 PM
(28-08-2017, 11:38 AM)freshtyt
(28-08-2017, 09:42 AM)davidd greetings.
i need help

whats the android version of your P9?
also when you connect the device to a charger while its powered off, does the device display the battery charging sign?
version 4.2, and when connected, there is no sign of battery charging display
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
30-08-2017, 05:13 PM
(30-08-2017, 12:44 PM)davidd version 4.2, and when connected, there is no sign of battery charging display

not sure where you downloaded the rom you are trying to flash from,
download P9 4.2 rom from the link @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
then retry flashing