Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] my Tecno J8 is bricked(hard)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] my Tecno J8 is bricked(hard)

[Please help] my Tecno J8 is bricked(hard)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
henrybright
henrybright
henrybright
06-09-2017, 11:37 AM

Good morning Hovatek
Please I'm in urgent need of your advise on how to revive my hard bricked tecno boom J8. Before it got bricked the phone was displaying apps not responding, so I tried to reboot the phone but got stock on tecno logo.
I it with format and download but the phone never came up again, it's not booting or showing sign of charge but it is detected by my laptop when connected.

I removed the battery and flashed the pre-loader file first before flashing other files of the phone stock rom And got 100% flash OK but the phone is not still coming up, it's still detected by my system.

Please Hovatek help me out, what I'm I not doing right??
Thanks for your advise
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-09-2017, 02:08 PM
(06-09-2017, 11:37 AM)henrybright Good morning Hovatek
 Please  I'm in urgent need of your advise on how to revive my hard bricked tecno boom J8.  Before it got bricked the phone was displaying apps not responding, so I tried to reboot the phone but got stock on tecno logo.
I it with format and download but the phone never came up again, it's not booting or showing sign of charge but it is detected by my laptop when connected.

I removed the battery and flashed the pre-loader file first before flashing other files of the phone stock rom And got 100% flash OK  but the phone is not still coming up, it's still detected by my system.

Please Hovatek help me out, what I'm I not doing right??
Thanks for your advise

seems like you used the wrong J8 firmware
do you by any chance remember the build number of your device?
and have you tried the other J8 roms @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19362.html ?
henrybright
henrybright
henrybright
07-09-2017, 05:43 AM
X3nonhenrybrightGood morning Hovatek  Please  I'm in urgent need of your advise on how to revive my hard bricked tecno boom J8.  Before it got bricked the phone was displaying apps not responding, so I tried to reboot the phone but got stock on tecno logo. I it with format and download but the phone never came up again, it's not booting or showing sign of charge but it is detected by my laptop when connected. I removed the battery and flashed the pre-loader file first before flashing other files of the phone stock rom And got 100% flash OK  but the phone is not still coming up, it's still detected by my system.Please Hovatek help me out, what I'm I not doing right?? Thanks for your adviseseems like you used the wrong J8 firmwaredo you by any chance remember the build number of your device?and have you tried the other J8 roms @ h

no I didn't use a wrong firmware, I used a tecno j8 build and I can't remember it's built number.I have not tried another ROM of it either. please what should I do
henrybright
henrybright
henrybright
07-09-2017, 05:51 AM
I used the right ROM and I can't remember the phone built number. I have not tried another j8 ROM either, please help .what should I do
henrybright
henrybright
henrybright
07-09-2017, 06:05 AM

hello please the ROM download page is directing me to Amazon, please how do I download it. please help I really need to revive this phone, and I have been charging the phone for hours yet no much current in the battery. how do I charge a non removable battery?

sorry I reply late, CNT seem to find a phone to reply with
This post was last modified: 07-09-2017, 06:28 AM by henrybright. Edit Reason: include something
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-09-2017, 02:50 PM
(07-09-2017, 05:51 AM)henrybright I used the right ROM and I can't remember the phone built number. I have not tried another j8 ROM either, please help .what should I do

If you don't have the build no. then how did you know you've flashed the right ROM for your device.
Advisable try the other ROMs @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19362.html if persist then we'll know the next step to take.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2017, 02:51 PM by xerxes.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-09-2017, 05:04 PM
(07-09-2017, 06:05 AM)henrybright hello please the ROM download page is directing me to Amazon, please how do I download it. please help I really need to revive this phone, and I have been charging the phone for hours yet no much current in the battery. how do I charge a non removable battery?

sorry I reply late, CNT seem to find a phone to reply with

try other J8 roms from the link posted by @innagee
to skip the amazon page and get to the download page, ensure to follow this instructions

Instructions:

* Ensure Javascript is enabled on your browser
* Wait till this page has finished loading then click "CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE"
* After you click on "CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE", a new Window should popup
* In the Window that pops up, click on "CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO DESTINATION"
* You should then be directed to the download page
henrybright
henrybright
henrybright
08-09-2017, 07:46 AM
I downloaded the stock ROM above TECNOJ8-H3H54C1-L-16122V52 and I used it to flash my phone. I flashed the preloader first before flashing the rest files, I got Download OK with green color after flash completed.

Still the phone is not coming up but I observe a little heat on the phone wen plugged on laptop for sometime.
henrybright
henrybright
henrybright
08-09-2017, 07:48 AM
I use a tecno j8 so I was thinking a tecno j8 stock ROM can flash it moreover I have used the same j8 Stock ROM to flash my j8 before
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-09-2017, 11:13 AM

(08-09-2017, 07:46 AM)henrybright I downloaded the stock ROM above TECNOJ8-H3H54C1-L-16122V52 and I used it to flash my phone.  I flashed the preloader first before flashing the rest files, I got Download OK with green color after flash completed.

Still the phone is not coming up but I observe a little heat on the phone wen plugged on laptop for sometime.

Hold the Power button then connect it to your PC. Observe if it makes a constant connection-disconnection sound

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next