Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Unbrick Redmi note 2 SPFT error 4058
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Unbrick Redmi note 2 SPFT error 4058

[Please help] Unbrick Redmi note 2 SPFT error 4058

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Donix
Donix
Donix
Enthusiastic Member
10-09-2017, 08:03 PM

Hi
I have tried to unbrick my Xiaomi redmi note 2 with sp flash tool
But when i click on download button, i connect phone to PC, i get red bar DOWNLOAD DA 100% and then i get error 4058
I don't know what to do

Maybe drivers is bad, but i don't know how to solve it.
- i have tried different versions of sp flash tool and different drivers but still same error 4058

And another question, which partitions should i untick if i want to save my data in phone ( logically it will be cache and userdata)

Thanks for help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2017, 10:40 AM
(10-09-2017, 08:03 PM)Donix Hi
I have tried to unbrick my Xiaomi redmi note 2 with sp flash tool
But when i click on download button, i connect phone to PC, i get red bar DOWNLOAD DA 100% and then i get error 4058
I don't know what to do

Maybe drivers is bad, but i don't know how to solve it.
- i have tried different versions of sp flash tool and different drivers but still same error 4058

And another question, which partitions should i untick if i want to save my data in phone ( logically it will be cache and userdata)

Thanks for help

1. Attach a full screenshot of the error message
2. Have you tried the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?
3. What was wrong with the phone before you decided to flash?
This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 10:43 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Donix
Donix
Donix
Enthusiastic Member
11-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Hi
1. the error is same as in 2. URL
BROM ERROR: S_FT_GET_MEMORY_FAIL (4058)
- when i try to flash only one file e.g. preloader, i get another error 4032 or 1042
- i have read about them
    - the version of SP flash tool 5.1728_win
        - windows 10 pro 64bit - asrock motherboard - desktop pc

3. I left phone to charge overnight
i woke up in the morning i used phone for about 30 minutes - looking at weather, news.....
Suddenly it turned off, (i got problem similar few days ago, that phone rebooted and freezed..)
So i unplugged the battery and reinserted - it always helped to get phone to life
But. nothing, i tried to charge the phone - even no LED indicator of charging or device charge icon on display

I want to flash the phone because of data, i want to save my data - i know that i should not flash partitions like cache and userdata.
-  maybe i should send it to xiaomi service center - but they will not save my data, it is not in my country - it is around 700 kilometers from me

here is
Quote:http:/  /www.imagehosting.cz  /images/spft4058er.png

- i am running program as administrator
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-09-2017, 09:15 AM
(11-09-2017, 06:00 PM)Donix Hi
1. the error is same as in 2. URL
BROM ERROR: S_FT_GET_MEMORY_FAIL (4058)
- when i try to flash only one file e.g. preloader, i get another error 4032 or 1042
- i have read about them
    - the version of SP flash tool 5.1728_win
        - windows 10 pro 64bit - asrock motherboard - desktop pc

3. I left phone to charge overnight
i woke up in the morning i used phone for about 30 minutes - looking at weather, news.....
Suddenly it turned off, (i got problem similar few days ago, that phone rebooted and freezed..)
So i unplugged the battery and reinserted - it always helped to get phone to life
But. nothing, i tried to charge the phone - even no LED indicator of charging or device charge icon on display

I want to flash the phone because of data, i want to save my data - i know that i should not flash partitions like cache and userdata.
-  maybe i should send it to xiaomi service center - but they will not save my data, it is not in my country - it is around 700 kilometers from me

- i am running program as administrator

Its either the version of SP flash tool you're using doesn't support your phone's chip or the phone's emmc chip is corrupted / damaged

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Donix
Donix
Donix
Enthusiastic Member
12-09-2017, 02:25 PM

Ou.. that is bad news.

Because of that i tried a lot of version, but i have another 2 versions which i could try,

Could it work properly if i will install windows 7 with drivers in vmware and try it ?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-09-2017, 03:06 PM
(12-09-2017, 02:25 PM)Donix Ou.. that is bad news.

Because of that i tried a lot of version, but i have another 2 versions which i could try,

Could it work properly if i will install windows 7 with drivers in vmware and try it ?

It could work in Virtual Machine. 

You can download and try other version of sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13970.html
Donix
Donix
Donix
Enthusiastic Member
12-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Ok i will try it
maybe you have true the motherboard could be damaged - i have dropped the phone one day beffore it was bricked. - and onc corner of display cracked.

Thanks i will try and let you know if it works or not.
Donix
Donix
Donix
Enthusiastic Member
01-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Hi, i am back.
I have tried it on windows 7 64bit - clean installation - on notebook
I still got error 4058 (SP FLASH TOOL)
i was folowing this guide forum_hovatek_com/thread-159
and i installed drivers for win 7 64bit from forum_hovatek_com/thread-440
Which version of sp flash tool should i try.
- which one is most stable ?
Thank
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-10-2017, 09:41 AM
(01-10-2017, 10:54 AM)Donix Hi, i am back.
I have tried it on windows 7 64bit - clean installation - on notebook
I still got error 4058 (SP FLASH TOOL)
i was folowing this guide forum_hovatek_com/thread-159
and i installed drivers for win 7 64bit from forum_hovatek_com/thread-440
Which version of sp flash tool should i try.
- which one is most stable ?
Thank

With reference to the error in the screenshot @ http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/spft4058er.png
I see that only recovery is ticked
1. Attach the scatter file here for me to see or paste its content here
2. Can I see a screenshot showing all the files inside the folder you selected the scatter file from
3. Are you trying to flash only recovery.img?
4. Where did you get this recovery.img and scatter file you're using and for which device are they for?
This post was last modified: 03-10-2017, 09:42 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Donix
Donix
Donix
Enthusiastic Member
09-10-2017, 05:48 PM

Hi, i have used original scatter from original pack.
I have downloaded it from this link http://en_miui_com/download-274.html
- global, developer ROM,
I have tried many versions, many scatter files, i also tried to flash only some parts like recovery,
As first i tried to flash preloader, then i tried to flash recovery - i wanted to get into recovery.
- in link are ROM packs for Redmi note 2 (Xiaomi), it is based od MTK

I have sent the phone to servis - i wanted to dissasembly it and find test points, - but because of waranty i sent it to original servis centre.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next