Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] System Update For Tecno WX3P
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] System Update For Tecno WX3P

[Please help] System Update For Tecno WX3P

Superbnerd
Superbnerd
Superbnerd
15-09-2017, 04:09 AM

Please there is a system update for my tecno wx3p but it's rooted.
My question is that can I unroot the phone using SuperSU,then proceed to install the update even with the custom philz recovery installed.
Or must I also restore my stock recovery and remove root before proceeding to download and install update?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-09-2017, 11:23 AM
(15-09-2017, 04:09 AM)Superbnerd Please there is a system update for my tecno wx3p but it's rooted.
My question is that can I unroot the phone using SuperSU,then proceed to install the update even with the custom philz recovery installed.
Or must I also restore my stock recovery and remove root before proceeding to download and install update?

You best flash the stock rom but take note of Build Number
This post was last modified: 15-09-2017, 11:23 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Superbnerd
Superbnerd
Superbnerd
15-09-2017, 09:01 PM
What about using flashify,or mobile uncletools to flash back the stock recovery,I have the stock recovery in bin format in my SD.I really can't get my hands on a computer currently.
Can I rename it to recovery.img and via flashify,or mobileuncletools?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-09-2017, 10:48 AM
(15-09-2017, 09:01 PM)Superbnerd What about using flashify,or mobile uncletools to flash back the stock recovery,I have the stock recovery in bin format in my SD.I really can't get my hands on a computer currently.
Can I rename it to recovery.img and via flashify,or mobileuncletools?

You need to flash back at least stock recovery.img and boot.img because the version of supersu you must have used patches boot. BTW, I don't know what modifications you've made to your /system after rooting, this is why I'm advising you at least flash stock recovery, boot and system.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Superbnerd
Superbnerd
Superbnerd
16-09-2017, 03:25 PM

I would just do the whole firmware flashing,I don't want another brick
Techzbyte
Techzbyte
Techzbyte
Techie Member
18-09-2017, 11:47 AM
(16-09-2017, 03:25 PM)Superbnerd I would just do the whole firmware flashing,I don't want another brick

Download the update but don't install. Until you're on non-rooted stock like hovatek said and once you're done with DAT. Put the update on your SD root forlder, reboot to stock recovery and update

Sent from my Infinix X507 using Hovatek Forum