Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO C8 concerns needing solutions please !!!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TECNO C8 concerns needing solutions please !!!

TECNO C8 concerns needing solutions please !!!

losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
11-09-2017, 07:35 PM

Hello everybody. Please... I come with three concerns.
1- I'm eager to update my Tecno Camon C8 with latest Lollipop build (C8-HE52-A2-L-20160307)to Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) but I'm experiencing difficulties dowloading thé update file to put on the sdcard so that to perform the update (I mean none of the provided links is working: neither tecno forum site nor multcloud). I'm not eager to put on the one hovatek dumped cause you clearly stated yourself there were bugs with that version.
Can someone please provide me a full working link to download the file ? Thanks in advance, guys .
2- Eager to install a custom recovery on the same phone but cannot do it. Actually, my phone is not recognized by MTK Droid Tools version 2.50 to 2.53 despite the fact that all the necessary drivers have been installed on my Windows 10 x64. Only the version 2.48 recognizes the phone but tells me "UNSOPPORTED OS ON THE PHONE" and when I try to root it, it just writes "CONNECTION WITH PHONE LOST NOW. Droid Tool will close now" and it closes after I click on "OK".
Finding another way, I downloaded a ported TWRP recovery img file by HOVATEK with MTK6735 scatter file and flashed it with SP Flashtool that greatly works on my machine (I used it to revive my phone, flashing that build version I'm currently running on my phone ?) but to no avail: after the flashing process finished (green OK at the end), I boot my phone and entered in the recovery but still the stock recovery there.
Since the phone isn't recognized by droid tools, I cannot use the method for CWM.
HOW CAN I DO NOW, PLEASE ?
3- THE URGENT NEED, PLEASE !!!
I performed a data backup with my stock recovery before flashing the build I'm currently running. After the update, I tried to restore the files but despite all the time it takes (roughly 30 minutes) for the process to finish in the stock recovery (with succesful data restoring confirmation), I still can't find any file restored.
The backup files created has .backup extension (from .backup to .backup7) and the files weight roughly 12G.
How can I have access to the content please ??? I have huge important files in that backup (I am a medical student and you can guess what...).
Thanks for helping.
Be blessed.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-09-2017, 09:43 AM
(11-09-2017, 07:35 PM)losilmalem Hello everybody. Please... I come with three concerns.
1- I'm eager to update my Tecno Camon C8 with latest Lollipop build (C8-HE52-A2-L-20160307)to Android Marshmallow (Android 6.0) but I'm experiencing difficulties dowloading thé update file to put on the sdcard so that to perform the update (I mean none of the provided links is working: neither tecno forum site nor multcloud). I'm not eager to put on the one hovatek dumped cause you clearly stated yourself there were bugs with that version.
Can someone please provide me a full working link to download the file ? Thanks in advance, guys .
2- Eager to install a custom recovery on the same phone but cannot do it. Actually, my phone is not recognized by MTK Droid Tools version 2.50 to 2.53 despite the fact that all the necessary drivers have been installed on my Windows 10 x64. Only the version 2.48 recognizes the phone but tells me "UNSOPPORTED OS ON THE PHONE" and when I try to root it, it just writes "CONNECTION WITH PHONE LOST NOW. Droid Tool will close now" and it closes after I click on "OK".
Finding another way, I downloaded a ported TWRP recovery img file by HOVATEK with MTK6735 scatter file and flashed it with SP Flashtool that greatly works on my machine (I used it to revive my phone, flashing that build version I'm currently running on my phone ?) but to no avail: after the flashing process finished (green OK at the end), I boot my phone and entered in the recovery but still the stock recovery there.
Since the phone isn't recognized by droid tools, I cannot use the method for CWM.
I performed a data backup with my stock recovery before flashing the build I'm currently running. After the update, I tried to restore the files but despite all the time it takes (roughly 30 minutes) for the process to finish in the stock recovery (with succesful data restoring confirmation), I still can't find any file restored.
The backup files created has .backup extension (from .backup to .backup7) and the files weight roughly 12G.
How can I have access to the content please ??? I have huge important files in that backup (I am a medical student and you can guess what...).
Thanks for helping.
Be blessed.

These are 3 very unique issues which require different threads so i'll just scratch the surface but direct you to create new threads if need be.
1. That file is no longer available at that link. Try the link @ https://firmware.gem-flash.com/index.php...fo&id=5769
2. That recovery isn't for your Build then, we'll need to port one for your exact Build. Create a New thread requesting a custom recovery for your Build Number
3. Stock recovery backup is the worst to do especially before you flash your phone. Your best shot is to revert to your previous build then restore

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
18-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Hello hovatek. Okay. Thanks.

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek mobile
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
19-09-2017, 12:18 AM
(18-09-2017, 06:31 PM)losilmalem Hello hovatek. Okay. Thanks.

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek mobile
Please! I went on that website whose link you posted but it still redirects me to multcloud and I cannot download the file.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-09-2017, 01:56 PM

(19-09-2017, 12:18 AM)losilmalem Please! I went on that website whose link you posted but it still redirects me to multcloud and I cannot download the file.

Direct Multcloud downloads are often slow.
Create a Multcloud account > import the file to your account > Move to another of your cloud storages (e.g google drive) > download from the new cloud storage

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
23-09-2017, 12:40 PM
(19-09-2017, 01:56 PM)hovatek
(19-09-2017, 12:18 AM)losilmalem Please! I went on that website whose link you posted but it still redirects me to multcloud and I cannot download the file.

Direct Multcloud downloads are often slow.
Create a Multcloud account > import the file to your account > Move to another of your cloud storages (e.g google drive) > download from the new cloud storage

Okay. Thanks. I will give it a try.
But please tell me! Is that Marshmallow update file safe to go wit, meaning free of any bug?
Thanks.
This post was last modified: 23-09-2017, 12:47 PM by losilmalem. Edit Reason: Eager to ask for a precision.
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
23-09-2017, 12:44 PM
(12-09-2017, 09:43 AM)hovatek
(11-09-2017, 07:35 PM)losilmalem Hello everybody. Please... I come with three concerns.
Thanks for helping.
Be blessed.

These are 3 very unique issues which require different threads so i'll just scratch the surface but direct you to create new threads if need be.
1. That file is no longer available at that link. Try the link @ https://firmware.gem-flash.com/index.php...fo&id=5769
2. That recovery isn't for your Build then, we'll need to port one for your exact Build. Create a New thread requesting a custom recovery for your Build Number
3. Stock recovery backup is the worst to do especially before you flash your phone. Your best shot is to revert to your previous build then restore

Please sir! For the third point, I didn't mention the build number so I cannot remind it and revert to it for now. Really disappointed.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-09-2017, 05:20 PM
(23-09-2017, 12:40 PM)losilmalem Okay. Thanks. I will give it a try.
But please tell me! Is that Marshmallow update file safe to go wit, meaning free of any bug?
Thanks.

To be frank with you, there are no guarantees there won't be any bugs.

Note!
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
24-09-2017, 02:46 PM
(23-09-2017, 05:20 PM)hovatek
(23-09-2017, 12:40 PM)losilmalem Okay. Thanks. I will give it a try.
Thanks.

To be frank with you, there are no guarantees there won't be any bugs.

Well! Thanks.