Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Gionee M6
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Development] How to root the Gionee M6

[Development] How to root the Gionee M6

Pages (9): Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
NicklasE
NicklasE
NicklasE
Enthusiastic Member
27-03-2017, 10:34 AM

(26-03-2017, 11:11 AM)eliotargy I got this problem and solved it by relocking the bootloader.

How did you relock the bootloader? Is it possible without the device booting up Android? (I'm curious since I think I have encountered the same problem on another device...)
eliotargy
eliotargy
eliotargy
Enthusiastic Member
06-04-2017, 04:09 AM
(27-03-2017, 10:34 AM)NicklasE
(26-03-2017, 11:11 AM)eliotargy I got this problem and solved it by relocking the bootloader.

How did you relock the bootloader? Is it possible without the device booting up Android? (I'm curious since I think I have encountered the same problem on another device...)
Same way as unlocking it. Fastboot. Can't remenber offhand the exact code. It differs slightly so Google it.

Sent from my LG-K535 using the Hovatek Forum App
eliotargy
eliotargy
eliotargy
Enthusiastic Member
06-04-2017, 04:11 AM
(06-04-2017, 04:09 AM)eliotargy

Same way as unlocking it. Fastboot. Can't remenber offhand the exact code. It differs slightly so Google it.

You need to boot it somehow into download. Again I don't remember exactly the sequence so it's best to Google it.

herziz07
herziz07
herziz07
27-04-2017, 10:50 AM
(15-03-2017, 11:45 PM)eliotargy I followed all the steps and now my M6 is stuck on the boot logo. The offender is the Philz CWM. After flashing Philz the phone rebooted into recovery. I selected "install zip" but then nothing happened. I was not able to see or locate anything on my phone. I guess I need to get Philz off and return to stock recovery. I have tried SP Flash tool with no success. How do I proceed from here?

If I may come in, you are to boot the Philz CWM (like a one time thing) and not flash it to your phone. If you do flash it, it means you have replaced your phone custom recovery with Philz CWM. Just in case you have access to your bootloader and you have your phone custom recovery.img. Try and falsh it using fastboot mode with the fastboot command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img   ,,, But keep in the location of the recovery.img

This will replace the Philz CWM you have flashed earlier and your phone will boot back factory settings (it will take sometime to come up) considering you have the right system.img on it before.
siamwesley
siamwesley
siamwesley
26-05-2017, 03:45 PM

rooted successful!  but after flashed open gapps packing in Philz recovery, it cannot be restart into desk, anyone can slove the problem of use google in this model?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-05-2017, 06:44 PM
(26-05-2017, 03:45 PM)siamwesley rooted successful!  but after flashed open gapps packing in Philz recovery, it cannot be restart into desk, anyone can slove the problem of use google in this model?

Please, create a new thread so we focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
DesCoene
DesCoene
DesCoene
27-05-2017, 11:19 AM
(06-04-2017, 04:09 AM)eliotargy

Hi seems you have some trouble with your ADB commands to flash your custom recovery ROM 

I'll try to give you the commands here as good as i can

First you connect your device: codes as followed:

adb devices

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot devices

fastboot oem unlock: on that point you need to push your volume up or down key to make sure you want what you want as well custom ROM or not? so when unlocked :

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img    than you will see the process in your terminal

fastboot boot recovery.img. than the terminal will tell you waiting for device, on that time you don't wait, you're gonna put your device into recovery, with your volume up down and your power key, then it should boot into recovery mode.

I hope that i helped you out with it.

Take care 

Des
Bee.888
Bee.888
Bee.888
18-07-2017, 09:36 AM
(15-03-2017, 04:00 PM)eliotargy Hello,

I followed all the instructions. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed the custom recovery. Upon reboot I get:
"Device has been unlocked and can't be trusted. Device will reboot in 5 seconds."
But nothing happens. The Gionee logo just stays there. I have tried rebooting into recovery without success. I can only boot into fastboot. I did so and reflashed the custom recovery. Same result.
Where do I go from here? Do I have to relock the phone? If so how do I do that? Any suggestions?

Hello,

I have the same problem as @eliotargy.

I tried to relock the boot loader but it doesn't work, I just get on the terminal "waiting for device" and on the phone ""cannot mount path for settings file: /data/philz-touch/philz-touch_6.ini"
Any solution? 

This phone was my back up phone after the previous one got stolen, I'm stuck without phone now... thanks for your help in advance!

Bee
Bee.888
Bee.888
Bee.888
18-07-2017, 10:21 AM
UPDATE: I finally could lock again the boot loader. But the phone isn't starting, it is stuck with Gionee logo on screen and nothing more happens Sad
Zealot
Zealot
Zealot
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2017, 01:12 AM

Please can I still reset my phone after rooting?
Pages (9): Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next