Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno D5 Problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno D5 Problem

[Please help] Tecno D5 Problem

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
bencastle
bencastle
bencastle
Enthusiastic Member
23-01-2015, 04:28 PM

I have a Tecno D5 mobile phone...
My uncle flashed the phone when he noticed it was taking much time to load applications and getting slow in any single task, after flashing the phone, it doesn't boot anymore more, it only vibrate when the power button is pressed and a blank screen comes up.....after sometime, it gets very hot.
When the power button + volume up button is pressed together, it vibrates and an android image lying with it backs appears, when the home button is tapped I see options like ..
Reboot system now
Apply update from sdcard
Apply update from cache
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Backup user data
Restore user data
I need your help, what do I need to do?
I have downloaded the recovery.img for D5 and the scatter file also.
I need you help,
Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-01-2015, 04:52 PM
(23-01-2015, 04:28 PM)bencastle I have a Tecno D5 mobile phone...
My uncle flashed the phone when he noticed it was taking much time to load applications and getting slow in any single task, after flashing the phone, it doesn't boot anymore more, it only vibrate when the power button is pressed and a blank screen comes up.....after sometime, it gets very hot.
When the power button + volume up button is pressed together, it vibrates and an android image lying with it backs appears, when the home button is tapped I see options like ..
Reboot system now
Apply update from sdcard
Apply update from cache
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Backup user data
Restore user data
I need your help, what do I need to do?
I have downloaded the recovery.img for D5 and the scatter file also.
I need you help,
Thank you.

your phone can enter recovery mode so thats a good thing. How exactly did your uncle flash it? details please

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bencastle
bencastle
bencastle
Enthusiastic Member
23-01-2015, 07:24 PM
he didn't flash it him self...he gave it to a guy who flashed it..according to him, 2mins after that, it got bad. So I really don't know how it happened.
mboy13
mboy13
mboy13
23-01-2015, 07:38 PM
(23-01-2015, 07:24 PM)bencastle he didn't flash it him self...he gave it to a guy who flashed it..according to him, 2mins after that, it got bad. So I really don't know how it happened.

hhmmm das d baddest tyn. Wat is happening nw ws as a result of wrong flash file i knw. Wel let see hw i cn help since u ar gettin acces to recovert mod.
Use ur vol down key, scrool to wipe data, nw try use vol up key or option key to select.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-01-2015, 08:02 PM

(23-01-2015, 07:24 PM)bencastle he didn't flash it him self...he gave it to a guy who flashed it..according to him, 2mins after that, it got bad. So I really don't know how it happened.

looks like the person flashed the wrong file(s) to the phone. I just granted you permission to download  Tecno D5 MTK backup. flash only system.img and boot.img using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
lets know how that goes

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bencastle
bencastle
bencastle
Enthusiastic Member
24-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Thanks, i tried to download it but it seems my browser cant, am using opera, i also tried using the inbuilt browser but nothing seem to appear.
should i use a PC?
sorry to ask, what's the file size?
Thanks for the help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-01-2015, 12:18 PM
(24-01-2015, 08:50 AM)bencastle Thanks, i tried to download it but it seems my browser cant, am using opera, i also tried using the inbuilt browser but nothing seem to appear.
should i use a PC?
sorry to ask, what's the file size?
Thanks for the help

try using a PC. The size of the file is stated at the download page

Note!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-01-2015, 05:26 PM
tecno d5. i remember clearly mine is lying somewhere totally dead :'(
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-01-2015, 07:57 PM
(24-01-2015, 05:26 PM)X3non tecno d5. i remember clearly mine is lying somewhere totally dead :'(

we just got another D5 backup. I've granted you download permission. try uninstall all preloader, mtk and vcom drivers using USB deview then manually install Vcom drivers @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html . lets see if the D5 works this time around

Note!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-01-2015, 08:30 PM

(24-01-2015, 07:57 PM)hovatek
(24-01-2015, 05:26 PM)X3non tecno d5. i remember clearly mine is lying somewhere totally dead :'(

we just got another D5 backup. I've granted you download permission. try uninstall all preloader, mtk and vcom drivers using USB deview then manually install Vcom drivers @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html . lets see if the D5 works this time around

wish i could try but the phone's location is quite far from where i am now. and the phone doesnt even respond to any pc its connected to. tried with about 4 pc's in total
Pages (2): 1 2 Next