Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno C5
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno C5

Tecno C5

Joe salakana
Joe salakana
Joe salakana
28-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Hello, my tecno c5 was stuck in a resting android saying no command. I decided to flash it which I think was successful coz I saw the logo for the first time. But the booting took a lot of time, I got impatient and decided to flash boot too. And till then it hasn't responded. I only get a dead android with red exclamation. I read in another blog that I need to format it. I did that but to no avail. I have tried to press power+volume to get to recovery but I get "rf calibration test failed". Is there a way I can revive the phone? P. S I used Sp flash tool, and rom from Hovatek
This post was last modified: 28-10-2017, 05:31 PM by Joe salakana.
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
29-10-2017, 09:03 AM
(28-10-2017, 05:29 PM)Joe salakana Hello, my tecno c5 was stuck in a resting android saying no command. I decided to flash it which I think was successful coz I saw the logo for the first time. But the booting took a lot of time, I got impatient and decided to flash boot too. And till then it hasn't responded. I only get a dead android with red exclamation. I read in another blog that I need to format it. I did that but to no avail. I have tried to press power+volume to get to recovery but I get "rf calibration test failed". Is there a way I can revive the phone? P. S I used Sp flash tool, and rom from Hovatek
Please for That error.I will advise you to Reflash The Hole stock again And please have patient when device is booting up .After The device boots up, You will Encounter network problem so follow here to write back your imei

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16794.html
Joe salakana
Joe salakana
Joe salakana
29-10-2017, 01:41 PM
(29-10-2017, 09:03 AM)ALBA [quote="Joe salakana" pid='122516' dateline='1509208154']
Hello, my tecno c5 was stuck in a resting android saying no command. I decided to flash it which I think was successful coz I saw the logo for the first time. But the booting took a lot of time, I got impatient and decided to flash boot too. And till then it hasn't responded. I only get a dead android with red exclamation. I read in another blog that I need to format it. I did that but to no avail. I have tried to press power+volume to get to recovery but I get "rf calibration test failed". Is there a way I can revive the phone? P. S I used Sp flash tool, and rom from Hovatek
Please for That error.I will advise you to Reflash The Hole stock again And please have patient when device is booting up .After The device boots up, You will Encounter network problem so follow here to write back your imei

Thanks for your reply Alba. But I don't know how to reflash The whole rom. I tried the sp flash tool but am still stuck with a dead droid.
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
29-10-2017, 02:52 PM
(29-10-2017, 01:41 PM)Joe salakana
(29-10-2017, 09:03 AM)ALBA [quote="Joe salakana" pid='122516' dateline='1509208154']

Thanks for your reply Alba. But I don't know how to reflash The whole rom. I tried the sp flash tool but am still stuck with a dead droid.
Since You have downloaded the stock rom for the device, Extract it to your desktop.Now open Sp flash tool to load properly.

Click on the scatter loading. At That point a window will pop up to locate the scatter file in the Stock Rom you extracted earlier on to your desktop.

After loading, the scatter file will load all the path of the recovery.img , boot.img etc. Please if all the file extension are ticked, Click on download Drop down to select firmware upgrade.

Now click on Download to start the process.. at this point connect the switch off device and wait for Sp flash tool to do the rest .

Now a great dialogue box will appear with OK .

You Can now disconnect the device and boot it up.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-10-2017, 09:33 AM

(28-10-2017, 05:29 PM)Joe salakana Hello, my tecno c5 was stuck in a resting android saying no command. I decided to flash it which I think was successful coz I saw the logo for the first time. But the booting took a lot of time, I got impatient and decided to flash boot too. And till then it hasn't responded. I only get a dead android with red exclamation. I read in another blog that I need to format it. I did that but to no avail. I have tried to press power+volume to get to recovery but I get "rf calibration test failed". Is there a way I can revive the phone? P. S I used Sp flash tool, and rom from Hovatek

You're seeing the red exclamation because you're trying to boot into Recovery Mode and rf calibration because you're booting into Factory Mode.
After you flash the firmware using SP Flash tool as @alba has described or using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html , just press the power button alone to boot up and leave the phone for a while.
First boot often takes a while.
If its still stuck at logo then boot into recovery mode using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-479.html and do a factory reset

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.