Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android rooted tecno G9 shuts down when trying to connect to pc and to access SD is clicked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

rooted tecno G9 shuts down when trying to connect to pc and to access SD is clicked

rooted tecno G9 shuts down when trying to connect to pc and to access SD is clicked

ola_diran02
ola_diran02
ola_diran02
25-01-2015, 10:04 AM

Hello, pls i need help.i just recently rooted my tecno G9 and since then i can't connect the phone to pc to read SD.anytime i do that, instead of the phone to connect to SD, it just shut down itself and just the tecno logo is shown until i have to remove the cable and long press power button before the phone comes back to normal but if i connect again, it keeps going off and i end up using bluetooth to send file to the phone since and it's irritating as i can't send bigger files like movies.please help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-01-2015, 10:54 AM
(25-01-2015, 10:04 AM)ola_diran02 Hello, pls i need help.i just recently rooted my tecno G9 and since then i can't connect the phone to pc to read SD.anytime i do that, instead of the phone to connect to SD, it just shut down itself and just the tecno logo is shown until i have to remove the cable and long press power button before the phone comes back to normal but if i connect again, it keeps going off and i end up using bluetooth to send file to the phone since and it's irritating as i can't send bigger files like movies.please help

is it only when you mount SD card that this happens? or once you connect the phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ola_diran02
ola_diran02
ola_diran02
25-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Only wen i mount d SD. Even tried to immediately remove d cable wen i clicked on to access memory card but d fone still shut down and won't load to menu until i long press power button to restart d fone
ola_diran02
ola_diran02
ola_diran02
25-01-2015, 12:26 PM
When i connect the cable, it won't shut down but when i picked the connect to SD to share file from device from d notification it will bring d next option where i will ve to tab d connect to SD that's where it will load for like 15 seconds den go off and stay at tecno and won't boot to menu until i long press power button and d fone is okay again but it won't still work wen i reconnect to pc as it will go off again
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-01-2015, 02:45 PM

(25-01-2015, 12:26 PM)ola_diran02 When i connect the cable, it won't shut down but when i picked the connect to SD to share file from device from d notification it will bring d next option where i will ve to tab d connect to SD that's where it will load for like 15 seconds den go off and stay at tecno and won't boot to menu until i long press power button and d fone is okay again but it won't still work wen i reconnect to pc as it will go off again

Might be a rogue app at play.
This post was last modified: 25-01-2015, 02:50 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-01-2015, 02:49 PM
(25-01-2015, 12:26 PM)ola_diran02 When i connect the cable, it won't shut down but when i picked the connect to SD to share file from device from d notification it will bring d next option where i will ve to tab d connect to SD that's where it will load for like 15 seconds den go off and stay at tecno and won't boot to menu until i long press power button and d fone is okay again but it won't still work wen i reconnect to pc as it will go off again

its possible some app which needs your SD card isnt taking its unavailability too well. You could try disabling root access to all apps then try again. Also, you could move your stuff then format the SD card because its probably corrupted.
BTW, did you ever partition the SD card?
This post was last modified: 25-01-2015, 02:52 PM by hovatek.

Note!
ola_diran02
ola_diran02
ola_diran02
25-01-2015, 03:07 PM
No i didn't partition d card, so how do i disable root access so i can try again if it will work.if it does den i will knw i jux need to disable root access before plugging d fone to pc.how do i go about disabling root access.thanks for ur replies and hope to read back from yu
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-01-2015, 03:36 PM
(25-01-2015, 03:07 PM)ola_diran02 No i didn't partition d card, so how do i disable root access so i can try again if it will work.if it does den i will knw i jux need to disable root access before plugging d fone to pc.how do i go about disabling root access.thanks for ur replies and hope to read back from yu

before root access, 
1. Remove the memory card, backup it up to PC and format
2. Slot it back into the phone and boot
3. Try mounting again and see if it restarts

Note!