Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Hard Bricked B3-A20 Acer Tablet No Recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Hard Bricked B3-A20 Acer Tablet No Recovery

[Please help] Hard Bricked B3-A20 Acer Tablet No Recovery

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
02-11-2017, 04:34 PM

(02-11-2017, 11:23 AM)hovatek
(01-11-2017, 07:55 PM)TLKiller Yes, I even tried a different computer with windows xp then finally something happened, I ticked: preloader, recovery and logo then the program said ok, but now my tablet won't even show the Acer logo and the charge screen is not showing too, what happened?

There's no way it would've said OK if you ticked 2 empty boxes (preloader & logo) or did you dump those / obtain them elsewhere

I actually ticked 3 boxes (see attached screenshot). And now I let my tablet charging the whole night and I still can't see Acer logo or charge screen, when I connect it to my pc windows does connect then disconnect sound again and again
Attached Files
.png
Cscatter.PNG
Size: 268.52 KB / Downloads: 14
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-11-2017, 07:22 PM
(02-11-2017, 04:34 PM)TLKiller I actually ticked 3 boxes (see attached screenshot). And now I let my tablet charging the whole night and I still can't see Acer logo or charge screen, when I connect it to my pc windows does connect then disconnect sound again and again

i hope for your sake that you didnt flash this on the working device?
you seem to have flashed the files of the B3-A30 on your B3-A20 device. As of now, the device is totally dead due to flashing wrong preloader (charging wont fix this)
you're going to really need a complete firmware with scatter file to fix this

found these for your device
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v6i6oevdct...MT8163.zip
and 
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su...9;-;B3-A20

try flashing either of the two firmwares and lets know how it goes
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
03-11-2017, 12:20 AM
(02-11-2017, 07:22 PM)X3non
(02-11-2017, 04:34 PM)TLKiller I actually ticked 3 boxes (see attached screenshot). And now I let my tablet charging the whole night and I still can't see Acer logo or charge screen, when I connect it to my pc windows does connect then disconnect sound again and again

i hope for your sake that you didnt flash this on the working device?
you seem to have flashed the files of the B3-A30 on your B3-A20 device. As of now, the device is totally dead due to flashing wrong preloader (charging wont fix this)
you're going to really need a complete firmware with scatter file to fix this

found these for your device
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v6i6oevdct...MT8163.zip
and 
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su...9;-;B3-A20

try flashing either of the two firmwares and lets know how it goes
Amazing, you are a genius! I extracted the zip from mediafire and the scatter inside it worked on SP flash tool then I plugged my dead tablet to the usb with the battery and all the time it was giving me different errors, but then I tried opening the device then unplugging the battery, pressed the power button then Voila! it started downloading, when it said ok, I unplugged the usb then connected the battery, it worked!
BUT
Everything was fine until it started completely, then asked me my language, the touch screen is not working! I accessed recovery and it says model is B3-A30! I tried "apply update from sd card" then selected the OS_Acer_AV0L0.B3-A20.RV03RC06.WW.GEN1_A51L_A.zip
it said error "this package is for corona devices; this is a acer_jetfirehd"
how can I make the touchscreen work again?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-11-2017, 12:27 PM
(03-11-2017, 12:20 AM)TLKiller Amazing, you are a genius! I extracted the zip from mediafire and the scatter inside it worked on SP flash tool then I plugged my dead tablet to the usb with the battery and all the time it was giving me different errors, but then I tried opening the device then unplugging the battery, pressed the power button then Voila! it started downloading, when it said ok, I unplugged the usb then connected the battery, it worked!
BUT
Everything was fine until it started completely, then asked me my language, the touch screen is not working! I accessed recovery and it says model is B3-A30! I tried "apply update from sd card" then selected the OS_Acer_AV0L0.B3-A20.RV03RC06.WW.GEN1_A51L_A.zip

This might be due to you having flashed the B3-A30 firmware to your device.
Which of the two firmware provided by @x3non did you flash (i'm guessing it was the first) and did you flash via firmware upgrade?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
03-11-2017, 02:49 PM

(03-11-2017, 12:27 PM)hovatek
(03-11-2017, 12:20 AM)TLKiller Amazing, you are a genius! I extracted the zip from mediafire and the scatter inside it worked on SP flash tool then I plugged my dead tablet to the usb with the battery and all the time it was giving me different errors, but then I tried opening the device then unplugging the battery, pressed the power button then Voila! it started downloading, when it said ok, I unplugged the usb then connected the battery, it worked!
BUT

This might be due to you having flashed the B3-A30 firmware to your device.
Which of the two firmware provided by @x3non did you flash (i'm guessing it was the first) and did you flash via firmware upgrade?
I flashed the first, using SP flash tool on the download tab (there is not a firmware upgrade tab). the scatter file from the second is invalid for SP flash tool, I tried to "install" the second firmware with the recovery "apply update from sd card" option, but it said the error "this package is for corona devices; this is a acer_jetfirehd" now what should I do to make the touchscreen work?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-11-2017, 03:15 PM
(03-11-2017, 02:49 PM)TLKiller I flashed the first, using SP flash tool on the download tab (there is not a firmware upgrade tab). the scatter file from the second is invalid for SP flash tool, I tried to "install" the second firmware with the recovery "apply update from sd card" option, but it said the error "this package is for corona devices; this is a acer_jetfirehd" now what should I do to make the touchscreen work?

flashing the right preloader and or LK should fix that
lets see a screenshot of the contents of the second file. it might have the needed file(s) and with the scatter file from the first firmware you might just be able to fix this
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
03-11-2017, 03:42 PM
(03-11-2017, 03:15 PM)X3non
(03-11-2017, 02:49 PM)TLKiller I flashed the first, using SP flash tool on the download tab (there is not a firmware upgrade tab). the scatter file from the second is invalid for SP flash tool, I tried to "install" the second firmware with the recovery "apply update from sd card" option, but it said the error "this package is for corona devices; this is a acer_jetfirehd" now what should I do to make the touchscreen work?

flashing the right preloader and or LK should fix that
lets see a screenshot of the contents of the second file. it might have the needed file(s) and with the scatter file from the first firmware you might just be able to fix this

Ok, I attached a screenshot of the second file uncompressed which is for B3-A20 (the scatter.txt is not valid) I have read that this .zip file can only be installed by putting it in a micro SD and selecting it from the recovery, but the recovery I have currently installed is for B3-A30 so it won't let me install it
Attached Files
.png
Capture2.PNG
Size: 180 KB / Downloads: 14
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-11-2017, 09:39 AM
(03-11-2017, 03:42 PM)TLKiller Ok, I attached a screenshot of the second file uncompressed which is for B3-A20 (the scatter.txt is not valid) I have read that this .zip file can only be installed by putting it in a micro SD and selecting it from the recovery, but the recovery I have currently installed is for B3-A30 so it won't let me install it

We need to dissect that first scatter format firmware.
Unpack the system.img of that scatter format firmware using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html
I want to see the content of its build.prop

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
TLKiller
TLKiller
TLKiller
04-11-2017, 10:30 AM
(04-11-2017, 09:39 AM)hovatek
(03-11-2017, 03:42 PM)TLKiller Ok, I attached a screenshot of the second file uncompressed which is for B3-A20 (the scatter.txt is not valid) I have read that this .zip file can only be installed by putting it in a micro SD and selecting it from the recovery, but the recovery I have currently installed is for B3-A30 so it won't let me install it

We need to dissect that first scatter format firmware.
Unpack the system.img of that scatter format firmware using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html
I want to see the content of its build.prop

I have a little problem, are you talking about the B3-A20 zip (second link of x3non's reply) because I downloaded the tools and unpacked the boot.img to get the file_contexts but when I reach step 3 I noticed there is no system.img in this zip Huh  (see attached screenshot)
Attached Files
.png
Capture2.PNG
Size: 180 KB / Downloads: 7
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-11-2017, 04:42 PM

(04-11-2017, 10:30 AM)TLKiller I have a little problem, are you talking about the B3-A20 zip (second link of x3non's reply) because I downloaded the tools and unpacked the boot.img to get the file_contexts but when I reach step 3 I noticed there is no system.img in this zip Huh  (see attached screenshot)

no, the rom in the first link is what is been referred to as the "scatter format firmware" not the second
unpack the system.img from the first link
Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next