Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Keslar Infinito (Kitkat, Lollipop & CyanogenMod for MTK Android phones)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Development] Keslar Infinito (Kitkat, Lollipop & CyanogenMod for MTK Android phones)

[Development] Keslar Infinito (Kitkat, Lollipop & CyanogenMod for MTK Android phones)

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-01-2015, 09:00 PM

(20-01-2015, 08:05 PM)emmaus been a while, since i posted , i am all up for the idea of this project, and though i will not be able to directly help(cant use my laptop for a few months, ) i can help with testing.

i think for this project to kick off, we need to finish with project jericho, as that is the core of rom porting, i have all sources ready for my chipset,from lg g pro lite and micromax a110.they will need a lot of work.i can also extract the initramfs from my kernel zimage, and have found my driver model names.if you need data from a tecno q1, just ask.

Please, lets have all you've got. Discuss your findings too so we're all in sync. Project Jerico would really boost this project and we're working on it in parallel. A custom kernel is like a holy grail for Tecno phones at the moment

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
emmaus
emmaus
emmaus
20-01-2015, 10:30 PM
all that i have is just data i got from different places, the sources are original and have not been modified by me. i posted the scripts use to dump and extract the initramfs in the jericho thread.also uploaded my initramfs dump a few posts later on the same thread,during the christmas holidays, i tried searching for the driver sources on github using the driver list i got from peggy file in my initramfs ad from mobileuncletools. i realised that the device components,ie the lcd, sensors, and others are from different companies, and the sources can be found in many mediatek sources on github. it is very easy to find those.all that was left was to link those driver sources to their respective folders in my source, modify the makefile where necessary and build it. decided to set up a build environment and build the original sources, to check if it were complete. but i had problems linking the toolchains.

these are my findings.the cpu and gpu drivers are already in all mediatek sources.all that may be needed is to find the correct drivers, merge them well, build, flash and do a lot of trial and error.i may find other ways of getting the data we need from the kernel dumps, but we can start fro here. all my dumps can be found in the jericho thread, and can link any source that may be necesary
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-01-2015, 10:09 AM
(20-01-2015, 10:30 PM)emmaus all that i have is just data i got from different places, the sources are original and have not been modified by me. i posted the scripts use to dump and extract the initramfs in the jericho thread.also uploaded my initramfs dump a few posts later on the same thread,during the christmas holidays, i tried searching for the driver sources on github using the driver list i got from peggy file in my initramfs ad from mobileuncletools. i realised that the device components,ie the lcd, sensors, and others are from different companies, and the sources can be found in many mediatek sources on github. it  is very easy to find those.all that was left was to link those driver sources to their respective folders in my source, modify the makefile where necessary and build it. decided to set up a build environment and build the original sources, to check if it were complete. but i had problems linking the toolchains.

these are my findings.the cpu and gpu drivers are already in all mediatek sources.all that may be needed is to find the correct drivers, merge them well, build, flash and do a lot of trial and error.i may find other ways of getting the data we need from the kernel dumps, but we can start fro here. all my dumps can be found in the jericho thread, and  can link any source that may be necesary

Nice work. checking out the Jericho thread for these.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
emmaus
emmaus
emmaus
21-01-2015, 10:27 AM
for the lg g pro lite kitkat sources, the direct link cant be hotlinked, the lg server prevent that. so just type d685 in the search when you get to the lg opensource site from xda
bamzhie
bamzhie
bamzhie
21-01-2015, 07:44 PM

this is ogeekush.. and m all in.. #happy to join
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-01-2015, 08:23 PM
(21-01-2015, 07:44 PM)bamzhie this is ogeekush..  and m all in..  #happy to join

good to have you around

Note!
HORLAARSCO
HORLAARSCO
HORLAARSCO
23-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Am in
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-01-2015, 09:16 PM
(23-01-2015, 08:58 PM)HORLAARSCO Am in

good to have you around

Note!
tonbari
tonbari
tonbari
Techie Member
26-01-2015, 03:00 PM
OgeeKuq
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-03-2015, 04:18 PM

We now have a fairly stable 4.4 custom ROM (actual 4.4 upgrade, not themed) for Tecno M3 4.2 Old OS. still fixing a few Gapps and force close bugs though. The same technique will be applied to upgrade (not theme) other 4.2 Tecno phones to 4.4 after which we'll focus on 5.0 ROMs.

Note!
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next