Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bricked Innjoo F2 Tablet
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Bricked Innjoo F2 Tablet

[Please help] Bricked Innjoo F2 Tablet

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
16-01-2015, 11:11 PM

Good day. I chatted with one of your reps on whatsapp and was advised to create a new thread for assistance.

I have a bricked Innjoo F2 tablet and I think the preloader got formatted by my carelessness. I have sourced for another clean one and intend to make a full mtkdroid tools backup on PC from this new one and use it to fix the bricked one.

I however don't know how to go about this and would need help to get the tablet back to life.

Secondly, I ran into this issue in the first place while trying to root the tablet. This has been the toughest I had seen as it defies all rooting techniques known to me. Eroot, Vroot, Kingroot, srsRoot, framaroot, and many more failed. I think the only method left now will be to flash the SU zip file from recovery but to do that I would need a custom CWM or CRT or other custom recoveries that would allow me to flash the zip. That is where I ventured and got into the wrong track.

Please I would really appreciate a step by step guide to successfully resurrect and root this Innjoo F2 Tablet.

Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-01-2015, 10:22 AM
(16-01-2015, 11:11 PM)Wittymav Good day. I chatted with one of your reps on whatsapp and was advised to create a new thread for assistance.

I have a bricked Innjoo F2 tablet and I think the preloader got formatted by my carelessness. I have sourced for another clean one and intend to make a full mtkdroid tools backup on PC from this new one and use it to fix the bricked one.

I however don't know how to go about this and would need help to get the tablet back to life.

Secondly, I ran into this issue in the first place while trying to root the tablet. This has been the toughest I had seen as it defies all rooting techniques known to me. Eroot, Vroot, Kingroot, srsRoot, framaroot, and many more failed. I think the only method left now will be to flash the SU zip file from recovery but to do that I would need a custom CWM or CRT or other custom recoveries that would allow me to flash the zip. That is where I ventured and got into the wrong track.

Please I would really appreciate a step by step guide to successfully resurrect and root this Innjoo F2 Tablet.

Thank you.

since you have a working phone of the same model, you're only a few steps away from fixing your phone. As trying to root is what got you here in the first place, our strategy will totally avoid rooting. 
 What you'll do is to make a ROM dump / read back of this working phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html (there's a video there if you need further clarification). Ensure not to interrupt the read-back process.
lets know when read-back is complete. 

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
22-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Read back complete and I used MTK droid tools to process the ROM_1. I have also checked the backup folder to confirm the files are there.
What is the next step please. Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-01-2015, 10:25 AM
(22-01-2015, 09:32 PM)Wittymav Read back complete and I used MTK droid  tools to process the ROM_1. I have also checked the backup folder to confirm the files are there.
What is the next step please. Thank you.

does your backup contain a !files to flash folder? if it does, list the files inside. need to be sure you're good to go

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
23-01-2015, 03:11 PM

No it doesn't.
I followed the steps in the video to create a rom_ file that I later used mtktools to process.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-01-2015, 03:31 PM
(23-01-2015, 03:11 PM)Wittymav No it doesn't.
I followed the steps in the video to create a rom_ file that I later used  mtktools to process.

ok. In MTK droid tools, click To prepare blocks for flash tool (same place you processed the backup file). in the window that pops up, select the md5 file in the backup folder. wait till copying is complete then open the backup folder. you should see a folder named !files to flash, list the files in it

Note!
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
23-01-2015, 06:11 PM
There is no md5 file there, in the folder created by clicking process rom_ from flash tool
This post was last modified: 23-01-2015, 06:13 PM by Wittymav.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-01-2015, 08:11 PM
(23-01-2015, 06:11 PM)Wittymav There is no md5 file there, in the folder created by clicking process rom_ from flash tool

ok. you're good to go. flash all files to the phone using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
lets know how it goes

Note!
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
27-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Did. The phone boots up but the screen wouldn't respond to touch. I also noted the boot animation doesn't match the original innjoo but defaults to an stock android animation. Sometimes, it boot loops. I have also uploaded the backup to dropbox as directed.

What is the next step now?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-01-2015, 05:38 PM

(27-01-2015, 05:28 PM)Wittymav Did. The phone boots up but the screen wouldn't respond to touch. I also noted the boot animation doesn't match the original innjoo but defaults to an stock android animation. Sometimes, it boot loops. I have also uploaded the backup to dropbox as directed.

What is the next step now?

we've seen the backup and everything looks fine.
1. Need you to take a look @ the innjoo f2 you did the readback from. is it different from yours (boot animation, Android version etc)? Also, check the phone info to be sure it's an exact match.
it's weird that you're getting a different boot animation. is that what the good phone shows?
2. Have you tried navigating using the volume buttons and do they work?
This post was last modified: 27-01-2015, 05:43 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next