Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Rooting Tecno W3 LTE
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Rooting Tecno W3 LTE

[Please help] Rooting Tecno W3 LTE

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
29-11-2017, 07:58 AM

I managed to root my Tecno W3 LTE a couple months ago and it feels awesome, the phone runs really great especially after converting some of the user apps that were really lagging to system apps. So automatically when a friend asked for advice on what android phone to buy I quickly recommended Tecno W3 LTE thinking I would follow same procedure to root as I did. Its not been successful and its kinda frustrating now. I flashed the preloader,recovery and scatter file with miracle box. Problem comes when booting into the twrp recovery after . I have tried many times and it always boots into system when I press volume+ and power button.
I have even tried flashing via adb and fastboot but either I am not doing it right or I have an issue converting the .bin recovery to .img. My adb is fastboot is properly set up and I have unlocked the phone's bootloader. Please advice on what I should do.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2017, 11:38 AM
(29-11-2017, 07:58 AM)ironrover I managed to root my Tecno W3 LTE a couple months ago and it feels awesome, the phone runs really great especially after converting some of the user apps that were really lagging to system apps. So automatically when a friend asked for advice on what android phone to buy I quickly recommended Tecno W3 LTE thinking I would follow same procedure to root as I did. Its not been successful and its kinda frustrating now. I flashed the preloader,recovery and scatter file with miracle box. Problem comes when booting into the twrp recovery after . I have tried many times and it always boots into system when I press volume+ and power button.
I have even tried flashing via adb and fastboot but either I am not doing it right or I have an issue converting the .bin recovery to .img. My adb is fastboot is properly set up and I have unlocked the phone's bootloader. Please advice on what I should do.

What's the Build Number of the phone you're trying to root and can it still boot into stock recovery mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
29-11-2017, 12:09 PM
(29-11-2017, 07:58 AM)ironrover I managed to root my Tecno W3 LTE a couple months ago and it feels awesome, the phone runs really great especially after converting some of the user apps that were really lagging to system apps. So automatically when a friend asked for advice on what android phone to buy I quickly recommended Tecno W3 LTE thinking I would follow same procedure to root as I did. Its not been successful and its kinda frustrating now. I flashed the preloader,recovery and scatter file with miracle box. Problem comes when booting into the twrp recovery after . I have tried many times and it always boots into system when I press volume+ and power button.

When you tried flashing via ADB and fastboot. What was the extension of the recovery. Was it in .Bin or .img ???
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
29-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Build number is Tecno W3LTE-H356-D1-M-HIOS-20160705 and yes,I can boot into stock recovery via miracle and adb commands. I have not been able to do so through the buttons.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
29-11-2017, 12:15 PM

When you tried flashing via ADB and fastboot. What was the extension of the recovery. Was it in .Bin or .img ???
[/quote]

I tried to find a tutorial that would help me convert the twrp.bin to twrp.img. I had downloaded the recovery from one of the tutorials here.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2017, 07:18 PM
(29-11-2017, 12:09 PM)ironrover Build number is Tecno W3LTE-H356-D1-M-HIOS-20160705 and yes,I can boot into stock recovery via miracle and adb commands. I have not been able to do so through the buttons.

I see we already ported TWRP for your build @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16647.html
Hope that's the TWRP you downloaded and you're following the guide

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
29-11-2017, 07:42 PM
[/quote]

Yes, that is exactly what I downloaded. Big issue am having is booting into the flashed recovery after the process completes. When I did it on my phone it was after a lot of hustle and several months. I can say it was pure luck. Now I just can't figure. I have tried to follow other tutorials that utilise adb and fast boot but it seems some of the commands nolonger work in marshmellow-example is "fastboot boot recovery recovery.img"
Not too sure how to convert .bin recovery to .img ..I jus renamed it. Please tell me if that's ok, if not how to properly do it.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-11-2017, 10:56 AM
(29-11-2017, 07:42 PM)ironrover Yes, that is exactly what I downloaded. Big issue am having is booting into the flashed recovery after the process completes. When I did it on my phone it was after a lot of hustle and several months. I can say it was pure luck. Now I just can't figure. I have tried to follow other tutorials that utilise adb and fast boot but it seems some of the commands nolonger work in marshmellow-example is "fastboot boot recovery recovery.img"
Not too sure how to convert .bin recovery to .img ..I jus renamed it. Please tell me if that's ok, if not how to properly do it.

Lets revisit your Miracle Box flashing.
Just to be sure, hope you:
1. Copied preloader.bin and scatter file from your backup into a folder named Hovatek then copied the TWRP recovery.bin into the Hovatek folder making 3 files
2. Flashed the TWRP 3 consecutive times before trying to boot into recovery mode
3. Released volume and power buttons immediately the Tecno logo appears when booting into recovery using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-479.html

Note!
ironrover
ironrover
ironrover
Techie Member
01-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Yes Sir...those exact steps,not getting anywhere. Think my problem is getting into recovery. I have an idea,would it be ok if I replaced the stock recovery in the dump with the ported twrp and flashed the ROM. Would that work? At least that way I am assuming I wouldn't have a bootloop. Please advice.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-12-2017, 12:09 PM

(01-12-2017, 09:27 AM)ironrover Yes Sir...those exact steps,not getting anywhere. Think my problem is getting into recovery. I have an idea,would it be ok if I replaced the stock recovery in the dump with the ported twrp and flashed the ROM. Would that work? At least that way I am assuming I wouldn't have a bootloop. Please advice.

That should work

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next