Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android INFINIX HOT 4 REFUSED TO COME ON AFTER UPDATING
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

INFINIX HOT 4 REFUSED TO COME ON AFTER UPDATING

INFINIX HOT 4 REFUSED TO COME ON AFTER UPDATING

Fuschia
Fuschia
Fuschia
Enthusiastic Member
01-12-2017, 02:56 AM

Hello everyone,
I use an Infinix Hot 4 which I recently tried rooting using a tutorial posted on here.
After several trials, I wasn't able to successfully flash the recovery IMG (At least that's what I thought) hence I stopped trying to root it.
Two days ago, I saw a notification stating that a new system update which fixed the lagging issue I was suffering from and I hurriedly updated it. There wasn't any issue immediately after the update but after a while my phone started turning off on its own after which I'd have to turn it on back.
The next morning I decided to turn off my phone for some personal reason and that was it!! The phone refused to turn on after that, I've even tried charging it but it's not even coming up.

Please help! What do i do to revive my phone??It's very very urgent
This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 02:57 AM by Fuschia.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
01-12-2017, 11:09 AM
(01-12-2017, 02:56 AM)Fuschia Hello everyone,
I use an Infinix Hot 4 which I recently tried rooting using a tutorial posted on here.
After several trials, I wasn't able to successfully flash the recovery IMG (At least that's what I thought) hence I stopped trying to root it.
Two days ago, I saw a notification stating that a new system update which fixed the lagging issue I was suffering from and I hurriedly updated it. There wasn't any issue immediately after the update but after a while my phone started turning off on its own after which I'd have to turn it on back.
The next morning I decided to turn off my phone for some personal reason and that was it!! The phone refused to turn on after that, I've even tried charging it but it's not even coming up.

Your device is bricked, you will have to flash stock ROM 
What's your device exact model? 
Hot 4, Hot 4 pro or Hot 4 Lite.
Also, did you take note of the build no. before the phone get bricked?
This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 11:10 AM by xerxes.
Fuschia
Fuschia
Fuschia
Enthusiastic Member
01-12-2017, 01:17 PM
(01-12-2017, 11:09 AM)innagee

Yea I figured it got bricked
I use HOT 4..
I dint take note of the build number??

Is there a way to flash the ROM without losing files on the device because I have a lot of important irreplaceable files on it
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
01-12-2017, 05:02 PM
(01-12-2017, 01:17 PM)Fuschia

I use HOT 4..

Is there a way to flash the ROM without losing files on the device because I have a lot of important irreplaceable files on it

If you didn't take note of the build no. then you will have to try the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html one after the other till you find the one that work for you.
Try flashing boot, recovery and system from the firmwares first, if it worked then your files will be intact.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 05:04 PM by xerxes.
Fuschia
Fuschia
Fuschia
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2017, 06:33 AM

(01-12-2017, 05:02 PM)innagee
(01-12-2017, 01:17 PM)Fuschia

I use HOT 4..

If you didn't take note of the build no. then you will have to try the firmware  one after the other till you find the one that work for you.
Try flashing boot, recovery and system from the firmwares first, if it worked then your files will be intact.

Thanks a lot, brother..
I tried charging for long hours to see, and now its back on but it keeps doing the same thing it did before it went MIA (turning off) and brings up an alert saying "too much voltage remove charger" when I plug in a charger (I tried different chargers same storY) and the battery percent is stuck at 100%...

what do you suggest I do now??
should I still proceed with the flashing, would it fix the ISSUES? Sad Sad
This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 06:35 AM by Fuschia.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-12-2017, 03:13 PM
(09-12-2017, 06:33 AM)Fuschia Thanks a lot, brother..
I tried charging for long hours to see, and now its back on but it keeps doing the same thing it did before it went MIA (turning off) and brings up an alert saying "too much voltage remove charger" when I plug in a charger (I tried different chargers same storY) and the battery percent is stuck at 100%...

what do you suggest I do now??
should I still proceed with the flashing, would it fix the ISSUES? Sad Sad

You'll need to create a new thread for this

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Fuschia
Fuschia
Fuschia
Enthusiastic Member
10-12-2017, 11:32 PM
(09-12-2017, 03:13 PM)hovatek [quote="Fuschia" pid='125658' dateline='1512797601']

You'll need to create a new thread for this

Its my thread, I posted that to update innagee on what's going on so he knows how to assist me
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2017, 12:12 PM
(10-12-2017, 11:32 PM)Fuschia Its my thread, I posted that to update innagee on what's going on so he knows how to assist me

Your thread title says "INFINIX HOT 4 REFUSED TO COME ON AFTER UPDATING" and now its back on. Any other issue belongs in a separate thread to avoid a mixup.
This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 12:12 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.