Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Spflashtool author & how to flash LG X150 (LG Bello 2)?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Spflashtool author & how to flash LG X150 (LG Bello 2)?

Spflashtool author & how to flash LG X150 (LG Bello 2)?

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
nijazxp
nijazxp
nijazxp
Techie Member
16-12-2017, 04:34 PM

Who made it? Which person or company? There are lot of unknown things such as authentication file. So little information about it on internet. There is help in program which mentions Security Download, SCERT file, certification file, authenitication file...

Where can I get these files? How can I flash my phone with my previously backed up files? I used MTK Droid Tool to make scatter file for my lg x150 (bello 2). But I cannot flash them using spflashtool. My scatter file is improperly loaded, even when i put it in same folder with all flash files i made, all properly named.

But flashing works with one another firmware from lg x155, which is almost same as my phone. 

Actually my scatter file displays properly in spflashtool when i put it only with system.img, but not when all files are there.
But when I use lg x155 flash files it is displayed properly and flashes properly. Difference is that their files are called system-sign.img and similar.
They also have checksum.ini and much more files...

I noticed that spflashtool looks for these files when i supply it with system.img and bootloader.bin only:
checksum.ini, preloader-sign.bin, preloader-verified.bin.
I used procmon by sysinternals to detect that.

So can anyone explain why i cannot flash files i backed up properly, and why is there so little information about signing, verification and security on internet for spflashtool or firmwares...?

When I try to flash using my firmware as I said it does not even load scatter file properly. It displays all zeroes as size for addresses. Sometimes it does when i use only scatter file and system.img, but still doesn't flash. I used latest versions of all tools from androidmtk.org
Please can somebody explain? How to make auth files or something like that?

See my 3 attachments below.

I've heard something about unlocking bootloader, is it helpful in my case? Also these security settings mentioned in spflashtool help files don't exist in spflashtool!
This post was last modified: 20-01-2018, 08:12 PM by nijazxp. Edit Reason: added 3 attachments
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-12-2017, 06:32 PM
(16-12-2017, 04:34 PM)nijazxp .....'ve heard something about unlocking bootloader, is it helpful in my case? Also these security settings mentioned in spflashtool help files don't exist in spflashtool!

You've asked a lot of questions. We'll address them as we go on.
First off, I hope you've seen the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html and the video. That should give you an orientation.

SP Flash tool was created by MediaTek Inc.
In your present situation, I don't think you need checksum or auth file. Those are security features which some manufacturers put in place to ensure the integrity of the official firmware they release.

Now, you already did an MTK Droid tool backup of your phone. I don't know if you followed our guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html but i'll just assume you did it correctly.

Flashing your MTK Droid tools backup is as easy as loading the scatter file and all your other backed up files will automatically get loaded in SP flash tool so far they are in the same folder as your scatter file and are named as what's expected in the scatter file (You mostly don't need to rename after backing up).

As for the "-sign" in the file names. that's another security feature aimed at ensuring file integrity. You don't find this all the time or in phone backups like yours. Its more common in official firmware (released by the OEM)

With Sp flash tool, your bootloader status doesn't matter. You can flash both on a locked and unlocked bootloader. So you don't have to go down that road....yet

I tested your scatter file with some files here and SP flash tool was able to load them without an issue. Could you upload a full screenshot of the contents of your MTK Droid tools backup folder. That would help with investigating . I've already seen your scatter file

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
nijazxp
nijazxp
nijazxp
Techie Member
16-12-2017, 10:33 PM
I made them one by one, these are all made by myself, using spflashtool 5.1744, downloaded from androidmtk.com. I made scatter file using mtk droid tool 2.5.3 also downloaded from androidmtk.com. And yes I watched all your videos on youtube and guides here. Also read all androidmtk.com articles. But nothing works. I also cannot extract any img file i made (using ext4unpacker and mtk extractor). My spflashtool doesn't load scatter file properly. Here is pic. Or maybe problem is that i should have backed them up using mtk droid tool??? I backed them up using spflashtool readback method, and made sure all bytes size and linear start address are ok, as written in scatter file.

I now noticed you said in that tutorial "For newer devices (Lollipop and Above) and Mediatek Chipsets, use the Miracle Box method". But when I download and open miracle box loader it just freezes at loading (skull) screen. If I click on it it closes. I am using windows 10. Should I try os lower than win 10?
This post was last modified: 16-12-2017, 10:49 PM by nijazxp.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
18-12-2017, 11:33 AM
(16-12-2017, 10:33 PM)nijazxp I made them one by one, these are all made by myself, using spflashtool 5.1744, downloaded from androidmtk.com. I made scatter file using mtk droid tool 2.5.3 also downloaded from androidmtk.com. And yes I watched all your videos on youtube and guides here. Also read all androidmtk.com articles. But nothing works. I also cannot extract any img file i made (using ext4unpacker and mtk extractor). My spflashtool doesn't load scatter file properly. Here is pic. Or maybe problem is that i should have backed them up using mtk droid tool??? I backed them up using spflashtool readback method, and made sure all bytes size and linear start address are ok, as written in scatter file.

I now noticed you said in that tutorial "For newer devices (Lollipop and Above) and Mediatek Chipsets, use the Miracle Box method". But when I download and open miracle box loader it just freezes at loading (skull) screen. If I click on it it closes. I am using windows 10. Should I try os lower than win 10?

Disable your antivirus protection. 
Delete and Extract miracle box again. 
If it keep crashing, try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21268.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-12-2017, 12:11 PM

(16-12-2017, 10:33 PM)nijazxp I made them one by one, these are all made by myself, using spflashtool 5.1744, downloaded from androidmtk.com. I made scatter file using mtk droid tool 2.5.3 also downloaded from androidmtk.com. And yes I watched all your videos on youtube and guides here. Also read all androidmtk.com articles. But nothing works. I also cannot extract any img file i made (using ext4unpacker and mtk extractor). My spflashtool doesn't load scatter file properly. Here is pic. Or maybe problem is that i should have backed them up using mtk droid tool??? I backed them up using spflashtool readback method, and made sure all bytes size and linear start address are ok, as written in scatter file.

You're going in a lot of directions at a time so lets slow down OK.
I promise you that you'll get to understand all these but you need to take it one step at a time.
Your phone runs on Lollipop, is it rooted?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
nijazxp
nijazxp
nijazxp
Techie Member
18-12-2017, 03:05 PM
(18-12-2017, 12:11 PM)hovatek

You're going in a lot of directions at a time so lets slow down OK.
I promise you that you'll get to understand all these but you need to take it one step at a time.
Your phone runs on Lollipop, is it rooted?

Yes, and yes.

Actually I had lg x150 that had android 5.0.2 that was rooted. But I now installed firmware of lg x155, which works perfectly, and rooted it again tonight using Kingo ROOT. I flashed all files, from this scatter file. It works. But I have problem loading my scatter file and my firmware files. Last night miracle box worked, but could not detect my phone, as soon as it starts detecting (green letters saying boot...) application stops working and closes. I have no problem with my current phone, but with it's scatter file being unrecognised in any app, and no flasher seems work. Furiousgold also doesn't want to open, seems like system problem. OK? How can I make my scatter file recognisable? Is there any app that will be able to flash my original firmware? Infinix doesn't work either, it doesn't detect scatter file. Here is working scatter of lg x155 I downloaded from xda-developers. I used that file with its flash files and falshed my phone using spflashtools. But that file doesnt work with my flash files, and my scatter file doesnt work with those flash file nor my flash files. I cant believe you succesfully loaded my scatter file.

Or to make short conclusion here. I am able to flash lg x155 firmware downloaded from xda/developers, but I am not able to flash my original lg x150 firmware i backed up. I am not even able to load my scatter file.

Scatter file does not work on windows xp and windows 10. Going to windows 7 or 8 probably wont help. But maybe going to windows xp, 7, or 8 will make miracle box or furiousgold work? Is this good idea? I only see there possible solution.

Do you want me to show you some specific screenshots or videos???
This post was last modified: 18-12-2017, 05:42 PM by nijazxp.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-12-2017, 06:07 PM
(18-12-2017, 03:05 PM)nijazxp ...
Or to make short conclusion here. I am able to flash lg x155 firmware downloaded from xda/developers, but I am not able to flash my original lg x150 firmware i backed up. I am not even able to load my scatter file.

Scatter file does not work on windows xp and windows 10. Going to windows 7 or 8 probably wont help. But maybe going to windows xp, 7, or 8 will make miracle box or furiousgold work? Is this good idea? I only see there possible solution.

there might be a problem with the backup files and not the scatter file.
the backup you made doesn't look like an mtk droid tool backup, how exactly did you make this backup?
and have you tried to manually load file location for each file in SPft after loading your scatter file [i.e the problematic scatter file]?

you are right, using a different windows will make no difference on the scatter file but you can try using miracle box on a different windows and see if you still get the same error
meanwhile on this same PC, try dumping the firmware of the device using miracle box and lets see if the error still occurs for a different operation. see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html for how to dump
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-12-2017, 08:04 AM
(18-12-2017, 03:05 PM)nijazxp Yes, and yes.

From what you've described, I think there's something wrong with your backup. I downloaded the scatter file and was able to load a few partitions (I can't load all the files from another firmware with your scatter because i'll likely get an overlap error).
3 things I would like you to do:
1. Try Miracle Box on another PC as @x3non suggested and disable your Antivirus for a moment. That should help with the crash issue
2. Try backing up your rooted phone using the MTK Droid tools method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html (ensure to complete both stages of the backup)
3. Zip and upload (if you can) your backup so I take a look

Note!
nijazxp
nijazxp
nijazxp
Techie Member
19-12-2017, 04:10 PM
I will try miracle box on windows xp or 7 when I can. I have already fully disabled windows defender and have no antivirus. Mtk droid tool shows yellow button and when i click root option appears which ask should i use already installed root or not, and in bot cases it stops working during rooting. My phone is already rooted. I used spflashtool readback to make all my files, i entered linear start address and size in hex values to backup each file. I read info from my scatter file made by mtk droid tool. Mtk droid tool is able to only make scatter file, but not to make backup because of root problem.

I noticed problem is in bootloader, although I think I made it right. Scatter file is not loaded because of bootloader. That is what procmon observed. Somebody said preloader is needed even when we only want to flash some other, one only file, like system.img. Bootloader needs to be present.

When I put lg x155 preloader with my files, my scatter loads properly. But it cannot flash any of my files because it is asking for verified flash files, because preloader is of that type. If I had normal preloader I would be able to flash normal files (those without -sign and similar words).

I can only do 3 things:
- flash downloaded firmwares of lgx155 or lgx160 on my lgx150, ones with "-sign" files as many times as i want
- backup my firmware as many times as i want, by loading downloaded scatter file that comes with firmware files in folder, backup works in that case, but i will only of course backup this lgx155, no longer x150 which i want, but i doubt that even their preloader will work when not signed (when backed up)
- install different os and try miraclebox

Ther is no difference in preloader info in scatter file in my and their scatter file. Only difference is file names, and this info at beggining of file:
project: MTDTtest
project: v10

Try my scatter file and bootloader and you will se it doesn't show up properly.
Here's what is displayed when i use their preloader with my flash files. It asks for signed type of flash files because bootloader is that way.
I packed preloader in zip file, for you.

Can I somehow remove sign header from their preloader using some hex editor...hmm...?
Or add sign header from their system.img and other files to my?
Is signed file same as normal file with header added, so its only few more bytes which can be removed?
Or is sign file completely converted or encrypted file?

I am sure i made my preloader backup properly. When I used readback i used these settings:
linear_start_addr: 0x0
partition_size: 0x880000
That is what i put to backup in hex.
I did not make mistake there.

When converted to decimal its:
linear_start_addr: 0
partition_size: 8912896
And yes my preloader size is exactly 8,912,896 bytes
I know what I am doing.

Oh, their preloader size is 116,568 bytes! Much less than my! I thought it is supposed to be larger because of sign header or something.
I uploaded their (working) preloader also. See preloader v10.zip

I found something about signing at: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Secure_Boot
Maybe if i signed my other files they would work. It's weird why preloader works which is wrong size (different than scatter file says), while one that is right size doesn't work!
I think my phone maybe accepts only signed files?

And no , ticking other files when scatter file doesn't work, doesn't work, buttons disabled...

You can see in pics that I only ticked bootloader and system, but it is same with all other files.
This post was last modified: 19-12-2017, 04:47 PM by nijazxp.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-12-2017, 06:49 PM

(19-12-2017, 04:10 PM)nijazxp ...
And no , ticking other files when scatter file doesn't work, doesn't work, buttons disabled...

You can see in pics that I only ticked bootloader and system, but it is same with all other files.

the size of your preloader is the reason i asked how you made the backup.
the size is too large and i'm guessing thats the reason your files isn't loading properly in SPft, reading back preloader is usually half the job. you still need to clean up the preloader file. you can try the cleaned preloader in the attachment below

as for the sign header error you received in SPft, there is a fix for it @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html 
try it out and lets know the outcome
Attached Files
.zip
clean preloader.zip
Size: 71.16 KB / Downloads: 15
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next