Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tmobile REVVL (Alcatel 5049w) SPFT Errors
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tmobile REVVL (Alcatel 5049w) SPFT Errors

Tmobile REVVL (Alcatel 5049w) SPFT Errors

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Enthusiastic Member
15-12-2017, 10:40 PM

(15-12-2017, 11:15 AM)hovatek Oh sorry, I forgot that detail.
It seems you'll require a dongle / box to backup your device. I have an MT6755 with the same issue (sp flash tool readback) and looking into it.
My theory is between a driver issue and latest SP flash tool not supporting this variant of the chipset

OK for some reason now, another app called Device Hardware Info is telling me that the Revvl actually has MT6738 in it.  I'm getting conflicting information again, because the CPU-Z app, as well as SPFT most of the time, all tell me it's a 6755.

SPFT seems to tell me lots of different things based on what Download Agent I use.  Most of the time it says 6755, but sometimes it says 6750, and a couple times it said 6735.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-12-2017, 10:52 AM
(15-12-2017, 10:40 PM)Jason Mercede OK for some reason now, another app called Device Hardware Info is telling me that the Revvl actually has MT6738 in it.  I'm getting conflicting information again, because the CPU-Z app, as well as SPFT most of the time, all tell me it's a 6755.

SPFT seems to tell me lots of different things based on what Download Agent I use.  Most of the time it says 6755, but sometimes it says 6750, and a couple times it said 6735.

Hmm
Have you been able to find an MT6738 scatter file?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Enthusiastic Member
16-12-2017, 11:07 PM
(16-12-2017, 10:52 AM)hovatek
(15-12-2017, 10:40 PM)Jason Mercede OK for some reason now, another app called Device Hardware Info is telling me that the Revvl actually has MT6738 in it.  I'm getting conflicting information again, because the CPU-Z app, as well as SPFT most of the time, all tell me it's a 6755.

Hmm
Have you been able to find an MT6738 scatter file?

I can't find any 6738 scatter file, but from what I hear it is the same scatter/partitions as a 6737.  Either way, that wouldn't work, since SPFT thinks it's a 6755 most of the time.

Also, you mentioned having trouble flashing to 6755 devices on the previous page, and said you would get back to me if you found any useful information.  Were you able to find anything?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-12-2017, 12:14 PM
(16-12-2017, 11:07 PM)Jason Mercede I can't find any 6738 scatter file, but from what I hear it is the same scatter/partitions as a 6737.  Either way, that wouldn't work, since SPFT thinks it's a 6755 most of the time.

Also, you mentioned having trouble flashing to 6755 devices on the previous page, and said you would get back to me if you found any useful information.  Were you able to find anything?

It seems i'll need to resort to a box or dongle. Your own case is different because we have different tools reporting different info. You might also need to resort to a box or dongle. That would then tell us what your phone really is.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Enthusiastic Member
18-12-2017, 08:50 PM

(18-12-2017, 12:14 PM)hovatek
(16-12-2017, 11:07 PM)Jason Mercede I can't find any 6738 scatter file, but from what I hear it is the same scatter/partitions as a 6737.  Either way, that wouldn't work, since SPFT thinks it's a 6755 most of the time.

It seems i'll need to resort to a box or dongle. Your own case is different because we have different tools reporting different info. You might also need to resort to a box or dongle. That would then tell us what your phone really is.
Please let me know whatever combo of software/box/dongle you use. If it's not too expensive I might consider getting one myself, if there's no "free" way to do it (like through SPFT or by using a COLO and GND to force it to be recognized).
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-12-2017, 10:12 AM
(18-12-2017, 08:50 PM)Jason Mercede Please let me know whatever combo of software/box/dongle you use. If it's not too expensive I might consider getting one myself, if there's no "free" way to do it (like through SPFT or by using a COLO and GND to force it to be recognized).

Try NCK box or Infinity dongle

Note!
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Enthusiastic Member
20-12-2017, 10:03 PM
(19-12-2017, 10:12 AM)hovatek
(18-12-2017, 08:50 PM)Jason Mercede Please let me know whatever combo of software/box/dongle you use. If it's not too expensive I might consider getting one myself, if there's no "free" way to do it (like through SPFT or by using a COLO and GND to force it to be recognized).

Try NCK box or Infinity dongle
Those things look pretty pricy, so I'm going to try any "cheap" method I can think of before I move onto something like that.

Would I be able to connect the Rx/Tx to a USB to UART converter, and then access a console on my phone through my PC? I wonder, maybe if I could get access to a UART console on the phone, it might provide some useful tools to push/pull partitions, or maybe even set it to a "developer mode" where the bootloader is unlocked...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-12-2017, 12:44 PM
(20-12-2017, 10:03 PM)Jason Mercede Those things look pretty pricy, so I'm going to try any "cheap" method I can think of before I move onto something like that.

Would I be able to connect the Rx/Tx to a USB to UART converter, and then access a console on my phone through my PC? I wonder, maybe if I could get access to a UART console on the phone, it might provide some useful tools to push/pull partitions, or maybe even set it to a "developer mode" where the bootloader is unlocked...

Well, I can't say much about that as regards to your phone even though I doubt that'll work

Note!
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Jason Mercede
Enthusiastic Member
25-12-2017, 05:28 PM
(21-12-2017, 12:44 PM)hovatek
(20-12-2017, 10:03 PM)Jason Mercede Those things look pretty pricy, so I'm going to try any "cheap" method I can think of before I move onto something like that.

Would I be able to connect the Rx/Tx to a USB to UART converter, and then access a console on my phone through my PC?  I wonder, maybe if I could get access to a UART console on the phone, it might provide some useful tools to push/pull partitions, or maybe even set it to a "developer mode" where the bootloader is unlocked...

Well, I can't say much about that as regards to your phone even though I doubt that'll work

I got this idea from Hovatek's website.  They talked about using RxTx or DM DP with some soldered wires to revive a dead mediatek phone and force it to connect to the PC if it isn't being recognized.  I'd post the link but I don't have enough posts to put links in my stuff yet.
This post was last modified: 25-12-2017, 05:28 PM by Jason Mercede.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-12-2017, 05:51 PM

(25-12-2017, 05:28 PM)Jason Mercede
(21-12-2017, 12:44 PM)hovatek
(20-12-2017, 10:03 PM)Jason Mercede Those things look pretty pricy, so I'm going to try any "cheap" method I can think of before I move onto something like that.

Would I be able to connect the Rx/Tx to a USB to UART converter, and then access a console on my phone through my PC?  I wonder, maybe if I could get access to a UART console on the phone, it might provide some useful tools to push/pull partitions, or maybe even set it to a "developer mode" where the bootloader is unlocked...

I got this idea from Hovatek's website.  They talked about using RxTx or DM DP with some soldered wires to revive a dead mediatek phone and force it to connect to the PC if it isn't being recognized.  I'd post the link but I don't have enough posts to put links in my stuff yet.

Remove the https:// tag and post the link.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next