Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Gionee M6S Plus-Need to unbrick by flashing image file using twrp
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Gionee M6S Plus-Need to unbrick by flashing image file using twrp

[Please help] Gionee M6S Plus-Need to unbrick by flashing image file using twrp

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
21-12-2017, 04:21 PM

Hello,

I have gionee M6S plus. 64GB rom. I have TWRP provided by hovatek. The phone was rooted using magisk and dm-verity and it was working fine.
After that I flashed gapps-pico version and it succeeded. I rebooted to system and bricked my phone. So far I can still do fastboot. I have unlocked bootloader.(however unlock-critical is still locked).
I have tried creating flashable zip from the below url. -https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20497.html

I had backed up stock rom using dev blocks system.img and boot.img and recovery.img.

first time mount failed hence manually made selection 2 WHAT YOUR OPTION [DEFAULT=FROM_KERNEL 1=FROM_DEVICE 2=MANUALLY 0=CANCEL]:2

and gave mount point of system block as  -/dev/block/mmcblk0p24-

lrwxrwxrwx root     root              1970-06-06 11:56 system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              1970-06-06 11:56 tz -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8

Flashed again with twrp and it still doesn't work.

I also have backuped patched boot image and recovery image when i had magisk and dm verity installed.

it has 3 files 
boot.emmc.win
boot.emmc.win.md5
recovery.log

Can you please help me to unbrick my phone As I don't have any spare phone to communicate. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks 
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-12-2017, 07:31 PM
(21-12-2017, 04:21 PM)suhi02 Hello,

I have gionee M6S plus. 64GB rom. I have TWRP provided by hovatek. The phone was rooted using magisk and dm-verity and it was working fine.
After that I flashed gapps-pico version and it succeeded. I rebooted to system and bricked my phone. So far I can still do fastboot. I have unlocked bootloader.(however unlock-critical is still locked).
I have tried creating flashable zip from the below url. -https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20497.html

I had backed up stock rom using dev blocks system.img and boot.img and recovery.img.

first time mount failed hence manually made selection 2 WHAT YOUR OPTION [DEFAULT=FROM_KERNEL 1=FROM_DEVICE 2=MANUALLY 0=CANCEL]:2

lrwxrwxrwx root     root              1970-06-06 11:56 system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              1970-06-06 11:56 tz -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8

I also have backuped patched boot image and recovery image when i had magisk and dm verity installed.

it has 3 files 
boot.emmc.win
boot.emmc.win.md5
recovery.log

Can you please help me to unbrick my phone As I don't have any spare phone to communicate. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks 

are you saying that after flashing gapps, your device got bricked?
how exactly did you make the backup you are trying to flash? [in details]
did you make the backup before or after flashing gapps?
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
22-12-2017, 04:07 AM
(21-12-2017, 07:31 PM)X3non
(21-12-2017, 04:21 PM)suhi02 Hello,

it has 3 files 
boot.emmc.win
boot.emmc.win.md5
recovery.log

Thanks 

are you saying that after flashing gapps, your device got bricked?
how exactly did you make the backup you are trying to flash? [in details]
did you make the backup before or after flashing gapps?
Hi xenon,
Yes after flashing gapps from twrp my device got bricked.
I had got temporary access via king root. Hence at that time I had taken backup of all Dev blocks as .IMG file using dd command . Now I had system.img,boot.img,recovery.img.
After that used fastboot boot recovery.img to load twrp and then flashed DM Verity and magisk which is found in this thread.

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21449.html

It booted properly after taking more time initially.
Again I loaded into twrp and flashed Pico version gapps. It started with installing core files,dialer etc and it succeeded. I rebooted my phone and then it got bricked. System got corrupt.
Now using old system.img and boot.img I tried creating zip assayad.exe and flashed but still doesn't work.
Thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-12-2017, 02:02 PM
(22-12-2017, 04:07 AM)suhi02 ...
Now using old system.img and boot.img I tried creating zip assayad.exe and flashed but still doesn't work.
Thanks

re-flash the boot and system.img you got from the dd backup, then perform a factory reset in recovery mode
see if the device boots up
you can also try the firmware listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
22-12-2017, 03:27 PM

(22-12-2017, 02:02 PM)X3non
(22-12-2017, 04:07 AM)suhi02 ...
Thanks

re-flash the boot and system.img you got from the dd backup, then perform a factory reset in recovery mode
see if the device boots up
you can also try the firmware listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html

Hi I tried flashing boot and system.img. However the device doesn't boot Sad
I found the zip file in the firmware link which you have shared, for my phone model. Should i zip using twrp obtained in the link ? 
Thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-12-2017, 06:36 PM
(22-12-2017, 03:27 PM)suhi02 Hi I tried flashing boot and system.img. However the device doesn't boot Sad
I found the zip file in the firmware link which you have shared, for my phone model. Should i zip using twrp obtained in the link ?
Thanks

did you perform a factory reset in recovery mode after flashing those two partitions?
lets see a screenshot of the contents of the zip file you downloaded
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
22-12-2017, 06:49 PM
(22-12-2017, 06:36 PM)X3non
(22-12-2017, 03:27 PM)suhi02 Hi I tried flashing boot and system.img. However the device doesn't boot Sad
Thanks

did you perform a factory reset in recovery mode after flashing those two partitions?
lets see a screenshot of the contents of the zip file you downloaded
Yes I performed factory reset but still didn't boot.I have posted what all things are available in the zip file downloaded in the below thread. https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20039.html

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-12-2017, 11:06 AM
(22-12-2017, 06:49 PM)suhi02 Yes I performed factory reset but still didn't boot.I have posted what all things are available in the zip file downloaded in the below thread. https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20039.html

Thanks

run root integrity test in stock recovery and lets know the outcome
Next, boot into TWRP and do a full backup. Lets know how that goes too
This post was last modified: 23-12-2017, 11:09 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
suhi02
suhi02
suhi02
26-12-2017, 05:27 PM
(23-12-2017, 11:06 AM)hovatek
(22-12-2017, 06:49 PM)suhi02 Yes I performed factory reset but still didn't boot.I have posted what all things are available in the zip file downloaded in the below thread. https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20039.html

Thanks

run root integrity test in stock recovery and lets know the outcome
Next, boot into TWRP and do a full backup. Lets know how that goes too

Hi,
I don't find option like run root integrity test in stock recovery . When I tried to do full back up using twrp. I can only backup boot ,recovery ,persist. Any more ideas ? 
Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-12-2017, 09:57 AM

(26-12-2017, 05:27 PM)suhi02 Hi,
I don't find option like run root integrity test in stock recovery . When I tried to do full back up using twrp. I can only backup boot ,recovery ,persist. Any more ideas ? 
Thanks

Im thinking you flash TWRP via fastboot instead of booting TWRP

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next