Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] infinix hot s nougat update problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] infinix hot s nougat update problem

[Please help] infinix hot s nougat update problem

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
heykinz
heykinz
heykinz
Techie Member
22-01-2018, 06:16 PM

I have problem with my infinix hot s after I upgrade it to nougat, my whatsapp uninstall updates any time I reboot my phone, it'll refer me to Google Play store to update each and everytime when I try to open it after reboot. I've formatted the phone several times and the issue still persists, just my whatsapp only. Please help on what to do about it, I'm tired of having to update my whatsapp everytime I reboot my phone. Thanks.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
22-01-2018, 10:51 PM
(22-01-2018, 06:16 PM)heykinz I have problem with my infinix hot s after I upgrade it to nougat, my whatsapp uninstall updates any time I reboot my phone, it'll refer me to Google Play store to update each and everytime when I try to open it after reboot. I've formatted the phone several times and the issue still persists, just my whatsapp only. Please help on what to do about it, I'm tired of having to update my whatsapp everytime I reboot my phone. Thanks.

There's a whatsapp app that was shipped with the phone.  
Reboot your phone and uninstall the whatsapp application. 
Also, on main menu look for whatsapp that has a small google store icon and uninstall it. 
then download fresh whatsapp app from playstore or download from apkpure.com
This post was last modified: 22-01-2018, 10:52 PM by xerxes.
heykinz
heykinz
heykinz
Techie Member
23-01-2018, 05:39 PM
(22-01-2018, 10:51 PM)innagee
(22-01-2018, 06:16 PM)heykinz I have problem with my infinix hot s after I upgrade it to nougat, my whatsapp uninstall updates any time I reboot my phone, it'll refer me to Google Play store to update each and everytime when I try to open it after reboot. I've formatted the phone several times and the issue still persists, just my whatsapp only. Please help on what to do about it, I'm tired of having to update my whatsapp everytime I reboot my phone. Thanks.

Also, on main menu look for whatsapp that has a small google store icon and uninstall it. 
Okay let me try that, I'll get back to you. Thanks
heykinz
heykinz
heykinz
Techie Member
23-01-2018, 07:32 PM
(23-01-2018, 05:39 PM)heykinz
(22-01-2018, 10:51 PM)innagee

Okay let me try that, I'll get back to you. Thanks
It didn't work, I uninstalled the whatsapp which came with the phone after I formatted it which size is 128kb I reboot my phone and install a fresh whatsapp from apkpure.com, after I reboot my phone again, it uninstall itself back to that of 128kb and it refers me directly to play store to update when I open it, same thing happen if I download/update it from play store directly.
Please help me out.. It's annoying having to update whatsapp always when I reboot.
This post was last modified: 23-01-2018, 07:39 PM by heykinz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-01-2018, 09:38 AM

(23-01-2018, 07:32 PM)heykinz It didn't work, I uninstalled the whatsapp which came with the phone after I formatted it which size is 128kb I reboot my phone and install a fresh whatsapp from apkpure.com, after I reboot my phone again, it uninstall itself back to that of 128kb and it refers me directly to play store to update when I open it, same thing happen if I download/update it from play store directly.
Please help me out.. It's annoying having to update whatsapp always when I reboot.

Is your phone rooted?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
heykinz
heykinz
heykinz
Techie Member
24-01-2018, 12:13 PM
(24-01-2018, 09:38 AM)hovatek
(23-01-2018, 07:32 PM)heykinz It didn't work, I uninstalled the whatsapp which came with the phone after I formatted it which size is 128kb I reboot my phone and install a fresh whatsapp from apkpure.com, after I reboot my phone again, it uninstall itself back to that of 128kb and it refers me directly to play store to update when I open it, same thing happen if I download/update it from play store directly.

Is your phone rooted?
Yes, it is rooted.. Help me please
This post was last modified: 24-01-2018, 06:18 PM by heykinz.
heykinz
heykinz
heykinz
Techie Member
25-01-2018, 01:21 AM
(24-01-2018, 12:13 PM)heykinz
(24-01-2018, 09:38 AM)hovatek

Is your phone rooted?
Yes, it is rooted.. Help me please
I'm kindly awaiting your reply please
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-01-2018, 10:40 AM
(24-01-2018, 12:13 PM)heykinz Yes, it is rooted.. Help me please

Go to Settings > Apps and uninstall Whatsapp if you have it there.
Next, using a root browser, navigate to system/apps , system/priv-apps and system/vendor You should find a whastapp folder in one of them (if not, check for another folder which contains apks and odex files). Delete the whatsapp folder then reboot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
heykinz
heykinz
heykinz
Techie Member
25-01-2018, 11:53 AM
(25-01-2018, 10:40 AM)hovatek
(24-01-2018, 12:13 PM)heykinz Yes, it is rooted.. Help me please

Go to Settings > Apps and uninstall Whatsapp if you have it there.
Next, using a root browser, navigate to system/apps , system/priv-apps and system/vendor You should find a whastapp folder in one of them (if not, check for another folder which contains apks and odex files). Delete the whatsapp folder then reboot
It worked.. Thanks alot
11-05-2018, 11:06 PM

I also have an infinix hot s. After nougat update, my finger print scanner won't work anymore.
Someone should please tell me what to do
Pages (2): 1 2 Next